+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adarius Barnes

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Adarius Barnes

Adarias got ripped pretty hard by a few guys on BBB . He is solid athlete and was converted to Defense. I posted he was getting better and playing solid. Posts called him Horrible etc... in game 3 he recoverred 2 fumbles, got beat bad when he tripped but stayed with it and broke up long pass by getting hand on ball ( one they reviewed ) -pure hustle play with a little luck. Just felt he needed a little love here. Hopefully this will not Jinx him--like I posted before, get use to him-- he will be around for a few more years and I think will continue to learn the position

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Adarias Barnes

I think I was one who said he played horrible in the Lamar game, and I still stand by that. It doesn't mean that he won't get better and that I'm not pulling for him. I didn't get to see the Tulane game, so can't speak to his performance in that game. However, the only reason I said he played horrible is because, frankly, he did. He was burned and picked on all night. Whenever they needed the yardage, Lamar threw to his side. Saying he had a good game against them was totally inaccurate, and I chose to challenge the statement. I do think he will be a good one. Unfortunately, he's having to take his learning bumps right now. I'm excited to see how much he's going to improve as he gets the experience.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Problem with posting is it is a little too generic. Several folks said he played horrible and others said he was horrible . You are right about the difference. My point is that he is outstanding athlete making adjustments quickly to d. I just hope I do not jinx him. I really like the secondary,s potential over next few yrs.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I just hope I do not jinx him.
    Momentum.
    Mojo.
    Juju.
    Jinxes.
    Football gods.
    Vibes.
    Focus.

#ThingsThatAreReal

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

He was one of my favorite recruits the year he committed...hope he gets better along with the entire team
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I'll say this: he may be a good "athlete" but he is not a good cornerback. He reminds me of Dave Clark and that's sad. His turnovers were almost accidental.

That being said I hope he improves but I haven't seen any coverage improvement since Game 1.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Problem with posting is it is a little too generic. Several folks said he played horrible and others said he was horrible . You are right about the difference. My point is that he is outstanding athlete making adjustments quickly to d. I just hope I do not jinx him. I really like the secondary,s potential over next few yrs.
    .....he's gotta stop tackling around the shoulders. They ALL do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Ok I'll say this: he may be a good "athlete" but he is not a good cornerback. He reminds me of Dave Clark and that's sad. His turnovers were almost accidental.

That being said I hope he improves but I haven't seen any coverage improvement since Game 1.
    Bull..... Hustle , never belittle hustle. Breaking up long pass after slipping, hustling to ball .Fumble recovery Twice and then giving credit to coaches. We used to call it " nose for the ball". No one has said he is good yet but 3 games at the position does not make a career-- I see a lot of talent and with coaching and experience, I expect a lot more than good.

I like Adarias. I am officially the leader of his fan club. I am going to focus my Karma on him along with Scotty. I fully expect to have future posts pointing out his mistakes. Sportsdawg will tell you I have only started 3 fan clubs, Willie , Eric, Fred . When Adarias is inducted into the NFL hall of fame I am going to post I told you so

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

I will stand by you, 65!! Like your attitude.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm for all these guys getting better every game.
    Go Dawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I'm for all these guys getting better every game.
    Go Dawgs!
    . Amen. Both as football players and representatives of our university. Example, all the awesome things Quinton did on the football field pale in comparison to the Heart he showed giving his bowl gifts to young person in hospital. I was in San Diego and even TCU folks were talking about that. Go dawgs

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I'm with you, Dogsince65!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    I'm with you, Dogsince65!!!
    we graduated same year, coming up on supporting Tech for 50 years ( counting the 4 yrs undergraduate school)-- thick and thin. We both have a different perspective than many BBB posters. Overall, most of BBB folks are upbeat and post some great info, photos , links etc. why I keep coming back.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

AB received a baptism by fire. He is coming along. Much of what makes a good cover corner is confidence and he has been reserved. He has the skill set, now he needs the swagger.

+ Reply to Thread