+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adarius Barnes

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Adarias Barnes

We all get extremely frustrated because we bleed Blue and Red. We are a family...dysfunctional most of the time, mind you...but a family. As such, we feel we have the right to rip our teams, coaches, other fans, and occasionally each other here on the BB&B...but I'll defend y'all to anybody else that tries it, and I know y'all would do the same for me.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    AB received a baptism by fire. He is coming along. Much of what makes a good cover corner is confidence and he has been reserved. He has the skill set, now he needs the swagger.
    solid post. Confidence comes with experience. When you are thinking about what you should be doing its tougher. I like him, just started thread because he was critized for first game . He had 2fumble recoveries, I great effort pass breakup and 6 tackles. Of course his critic said that all that was accidental. Go figure.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    We all get extremely frustrated because we bleed Blue and Red. We are a family...dysfunctional most of the time, mind you...but a family. As such, we feel we have the right to rip our teams, coaches, other fans, and occasionally each other here on the BB&B...but I'll defend y'all to anybody else that tries it, and I know y'all would do the same for me.
    . As I approach 50 yrs of going to Tech games, I have mellowed. Only 1 coach I thought totally stunk , he followed Lambright and inherited solid team. He was fired before northeast game. I have been around for deaths of many of our past players ( couple of them were acquaintance ). Seen Bradshaw look horrible. Saw a tech pllayer showboat at tiger stadium and have ball stripped inside 5 yrd line on way for TD. Flew out to LA for USC game and saw us struggle early. Been to Boise too many times ( including Bowl). Never saw us win. About 1-15 on games I flew too. Been disappointed many times ( worst for me was Jackson bowl) and elated 10 times more. But I just don't rip the team or player -- figure coaches have 90 players to choose from and he's it.

2 tackles first possession including stopping Kansas on 3rd 6. We need to open offense

First series 2 tackles, stopped on 3rd down pass. Second series 3rd 3 - stopped short first down. No more posting unless he does something spectacular

Wow!! Defense has stopped them twice on 4th short . Awesome

Lucky there. Beat bad

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Barnes getting some love from the FS1 announcers.

Barnes accidentally created int. getting lot of positive from commentators

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Posts called him Horrible etc... and I think will continue to learn the position
    What's horrible is that we apparently have no one better than Barnes to start at CB in his place.

He may have athletic potential, but a D-1-ready CB he is not, presently.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    What's horrible is that we apparently have no one better than Barnes to start at CB in his place.

He may have athletic potential, but a D-1-ready CB he is not, presently.
    Are you aware how many "D-1 CB's" there are in this country? Not sure what your definition is, but we are blessed to have 2 in any given year. I don't remember the last time we had two lock down corners.

Getting coverage AND great tackling ability out of a corner is very rare.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

What's sad is that you guys have blindly written him off and at this point are picking on him. He gave up no big plays today, and has played well the past 2 games.

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    What's sad is that you guys have blindly written him off and at this point are picking on him. He gave up no big plays today, and has played well the past 2 games.
    Saying he's not ready to start and writing him off are two dramatically different things.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I hope you weren't including me in the "written off" part. He'll be fine. So will Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Are you aware how many "D-1 CB's" there are in this country? Not sure what your definition is, but we are blessed to have 2 in any given year. I don't remember the last time we had two lock down corners. Getting coverage AND great tackling ability out of a corner is very rare.
    Lock down corner? Goodness, I ain't asking for that. My standard is far far lower than that. But when a large proportion of an opponent's pass plays are against one DB, it's cause for concern. That's why the Dave Clark comparisons aren't without warrant. Dave Clark started as a D-1 CB; even though he looked like he should be on the two-deep, he didn't seem to have starter ability. Unfortunately, he was our 2nd best CB.
    The same can be said of Barnes, currently. I hope for better things.

Your "very rare" statement is a bit of an exaggeration. Come on, for real!

+ Reply to Thread