+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adarius Barnes

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: Adarias Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I hope you weren't including me in the "written off" part. He'll be fine. So will Xavier.
    my comment was a generalization in response to comments as a whole accumulated over the past three weeks.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post

Your "very rare" statement is a bit of an exaggeration. Come on, for real!
    No it's not. When is the last time we had two really good corners? Our best competition in the WAC rarely had two really good corners. Not all SEC teams have two really good corners.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I watched every play today and the only play I saw that warranted a negative comment on Barnes, in my opinion, was an overthrow through the endzone where his receiver got behind him.

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

No it's not. When is the last time we had two really good corners? Our best competition in the WAC rarely had two really good corners. Not all SEC teams have two really good corners.
    I guess that proves your point, then.

Come on, bruh. Your "rarely's" and "good's" are just too subjective to even continue the discussion. It could be argued that all SEC teams have at least two "good" or "quality" corners, as do some of our opponents. Maybe not two All-Conference corners, but better-than-average corners.

Again, I ain't asking for good, great, or All-Conference. Just decent. I think a good portion of D-1 programs have at least two decent CBs, is that too hard for you to believe?

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I watched every play today and the only play I saw that warranted a negative comment on Barnes, in my opinion, was an overthrow through the endzone where his receiver got behind him.
    Good.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Barnes is a player and will be fine. He has gotten better each week...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

still getting better - should have had a hat trick on Saturday. Dropped the easiest one :icon_wink:

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Holtz just said Barnes has the best NFL talent on this team, or the most likely to play in the NFL some day. Something like that. He's pleased with his progress too.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Impossible. There has been no progress under Holtz.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Impossible. There has been no progress under Holtz.
    Punting, Kicking and Defense has improved throughout the year. Probably because of all the practice the offense is donating on Saturdays.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Punting, Kicking and Defense has improved throughout the year.
    I was thinking the same thing watching the USM game. I didn't hold my breath every time we lined up for a field goal for the first time this year. And while I don't know that we'll see another Ryan Allen for a long time, if ever, the punting game is much better than it was, too. (At least with the starters in...)

I don't know how much of the credit should go to the ST coach, but it really is impressive how much improvement has been shown -- especially over the last two or three games.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Re: Adarius Barnes

Looking improved against FIU and USM is one thing, showing improvement in the next three is another.

I am no SH fan, however he can change that to some degree over the next three games. Beating UTEP, FIU, Southern Miss does not impress. These next three games are his proving ground.

Puppy T.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the rough T.Alexander32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    Looking improved against FIU and USM is one thing, showing improvement in the next three is another.

I am no SH fan, however he can change that to some degree over the next three games. Beating UTEP, FIU, Southern Miss does not impress. These next three games are his proving ground.

This I agree with

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post

A common sense view. How can anyone who knows anything about football disagree? For me he doesn't even have to beat all three. At this point just beat Tulsa and make it respectable in the other 2. I'm not sure I want him facing a MAC or Sunbelt team in a bowl game anyway. I'm also pretty sure we will get our arse kicked vs Rice and UTSA, which will be followed by, "He needs more time because we lost 32 seniors."

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

A common sense view. How can anyone who knows anything about football disagree? For me he doesn't even have to beat all three. At this point just beat Tulsa and make it respectable in the other 2. I'm not sure I want him facing a MAC or Sunbelt team in a bowl game anyway. I'm also pretty sure we will get our arse kicked vs Rice and UTSA, which will be followed by, "He needs more time because we lost 32 seniors."
    Unfortunately very true.

+ Reply to Thread