+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 4 College Football Game Thread

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Week 4 College Football Game Thread

Fresno St beats Boise 41-40.

Damn......I miss the old WAC. These teams out west play real football. This new CUSA thing......I'm not so sure yet.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    In no way can you compare the beginning of the 4th quarter with the final few minutes.
    With 3:34 and three timeouts left, you absolutely can compare the two situations...plenty of time to get a stop and get the ball back for one tying possession. Down 9 the call is ALWAYS kick no matter how much or little time is left.

Boise lost by the point it left on the table by going for 2 when it should not have in the first half...chasing points before desperation time is a losing strategy once again.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Fresno St beats Boise 41-40.
    Damn......I miss the old WAC. These teams out west play real football. This new CUSA thing......I'm not so sure yet.
    You know you don't mean that, HD. You will be drinking a beer watching the Dawgs in the Cotton Bowl next Saturday and then sleep in your own bed afterwards. You never did that in the WAC. We'll get better and so will the CUSA experience for Tech fans.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

WAC! WAC! WAC!

Exciting football is so much more fun than boring football!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    You know you don't mean that, HD. You will be drinking a beer watching the Dawgs in the Cotton Bowl next Saturday and then sleep in your own bed afterwards. You never did that in the WAC. We'll get better and so will the CUSA experience for Tech fans.
    I'm not so sure, DW. As I look across the CUSA landscape, I see nothing but very bad football teams. I could list all the bad teams in CUSA......but you know who they are. Fact is, CUSA 3.0 is a train wreck. The Mountain West --made up mostly of our former WAC peers-- is a very competitive, and rockin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    WAC! WAC! WAC!

Exciting football is so much more fun than boring football!
    That is so TRUE. I actually ENJOYED that FSU-BSU game tonight. Very exciting football. So far this year I've watched 8 or 9 CUSA games, and almost every one of them put me to sleep.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That is so TRUE. I actually ENJOYED that FSU-BSU game tonight. Very exciting football. So far this year I've watched 8 or 9 CUSA games, and almost every one of them put me to sleep.
    I'm with you. The WAC always gave the world some fun football.

I wish we would have brought our exciting brand of football with us to C-USA... So who else is ready for Hawai'i at Nevada tomorrow night?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I'm with you. The WAC always gave the world some fun football.

I wish we would have brought our exciting brand of football with us to C-USA... So who else is ready for Hawai'i at Nevada tomorrow night?!
    You know that one will be wide open!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Gee....how many times have I posted that our affiliation with the WAC will represent one of the best, perhaps THE best, eras in Tech football history. Yeah, I understand about our national championships in DII and all the truly great players from that era. But, in terms of the company you keep, the WAC was competing with the best. Three trips to the BcS exclusive bowls. CUSA had ZERO BcS bowl berths. And heck, we almost got another one last year for the WAC....dang it. A sold-out stadium last night. Fresneck vs. Boazy. Hate 'em both, but enjoyed our conference affiliation with 'em. How many times has/will a CUSA team sell out a stadium? USM probably has, a time or two. Tulane? UAB? Nah!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    dislike Fresco much more tha Boise. No comparison in fan base. Fresno jerks, Boise hospitable to visitors. Fresno stamped on our logo and talked trash before we whipped their ass. I always respected Boise program. I remember beating them in Ruston on way to division 2 championship.
    My hatred for Fresno ran deeper until Peterson tried to take out our kicker in our last game at Boise. He did it more than once to other teams that year, but the thug he used to hit Matt Nelson seemed to enjoy hitting somebody from blind side. Of course that POS Karl Benson condoned the chicken $hit move because it was Boise.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Chasing points cost Boise the game, if they kick the extra point in the first half they have several different opportunities to have a different outcome -

There are TWO golden rules in football -

1. NEVER EVER TAKE POINTS off the board

2. NEVER CHASE POINTS UNTIL you absolutely have to

Odds always favor those two rules
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just got some love from Petros Papadakis on FS1.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    My hatred for Fresno ran deeper until Peterson tried to take out our kicker in our last game at Boise. He did it more than once to other teams that year, but the thug he used to hit Matt Nelson seemed to enjoy hitting somebody from blind side.

There's a special place in obscurity for a team that does this. Keep on losing Boise!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

FIU being "dominated" by Louisville 17-0 in 2nd Qtr.
    Marshall putting up a fight against Virginia Tech, 14-14 in 2nd Qtr.
    End of 1st Qtr, North Texas down 7-0 against Georgia.
    Tulane down on Syracuse 14-3 with 5 minutes left in 1st Qtr.

Mid Tennessee tied with FAU 7-7 in 2nd quarter.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

It's my fault for North Texas giving up that huge play FS1 just showed over our game. My bad.

+ Reply to Thread