+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have no words...

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

I have no words...

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Re: I have no words...

I do. Piss poor FG kicker and two fumbles inside the 5 yard line.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

I was ready to jump off the ledge after Tulane last week but I saw some offense today at least. Too many ill-timed turnovers but that can be fixed. I'm despondent over the loss today but overall we did better.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

And going for the punt block instead of setting up a return on way too many occaisions. Lots of other little things that lost us this game, but too many to bother with. We're back to the Big Nell days, fellas. Teams will have their best games against us (see their punter and FG kicker... and QB), and we'll lose games because of our own incomepetence. This coaching move will set us back several years.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    And going for the punt block instead of setting up a return on way too many occaisions. Lots of other little things that lost us this game, but too many to bother with. We're back to the Big Nell days, fellas. Teams will have their best games against us (see their punter and FG kicker... and QB), and we'll lose games because of our own incomepetence. This coaching move will set us back several years.
    The coaching move will have us back in Division 1AA or whatever the hell they call it now.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    The coaching move will have us back in Division 1AA or whatever the hell they call it now.
    Agree with this. We've dug ourselves a very deep grave and set ourselves back at LEAST 10 years as far as progress is concerned.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

What about the coaching today didn't you like?

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

That might be a little extreme. Take away the 2 fumbles inside the 5 and we win by 2 touchdowns. I did see progress today on offense, just stop fumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    What about the coaching today didn't you like?
    I didn't like the hire from day one. Holtz coaches not to lose and he loses because of that.... Kansas is one of the worst teams in D-1. Should have scored at least 30 points on them.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    I was ready to jump off the ledge after Tulane last week but I saw some offense today at least. Too many ill-timed turnovers but that can be fixed. I'm despondent over the loss today but overall we did better.
    +1

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I I didn't like the hire from day one. Holtz coaches not to lose and he loses because of that.... Kansas is one of the worst teams in D-1. Should have scored at least 30 points on them.
    So did Holtz miss two easy FGs and fumble inside the 5 twice? This is the lack of execution our ex-coach screamed about when he had no reason to. The coaches called a good game and put us in position to win.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

My neighbors probably learned some new cuss words today; but I feel a hell of a lot better about the team under Higgins. This could possibly shape up to be a lot like the Poinsettia Bowl year.

By the way, we are cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So did Holtz miss two easy FGs and fumble inside the 5 twice? This is the lack of execution our ex-coach screamed about when he had no reason to. The coaches called a good game and put us in position to win.
    I agree with the turnovers. Said as much on another thread. Cost us the game. You can be the Holtz apologist if you want...I want no part of that. Didn't like the hire from day one as I said. Sorry you don't agree.

I agree with the turnovers. Said as much on another thread. Cost us the game. You can be the Holtz apologist if you want...I want no part of that. Didn't like the hire from day one as I said. Sorry you don't agree.
    You had a beef last week. Bitch about last week, but he and the coaches had the team ready to play today. Players lost this one.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The offensive scheme was much better this week. Higgins missed open guys down field a lot. The players were open. Banks is MUCH more effective on the inside. No clue why a 5'9" WR was EVER on the outside, but hey, at least they changed. With a quality FG kicker, we win this game. Without a non-bonehead QB reach, we win this game.

Still not sold on Holtz, but the O and D seemed to be schemed well for this game. We should've beat them by 2 TDs.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread