+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trend in glaring player errors

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Trend in glaring player errors

I've never seen such an inordinate amount of player errors/mistakes at such untimely times (inside 5-yard line or redzone) in such a small sample (just 4 games). Mistakes are never desired, obviously; these five examples though have been so glaring because of where they've occurred:
    • Dixon fumble going in for TD (NC State)
    • King fumble in the redzone on a sure scoring drive (NC State)
    • King missed easy pass for walk-in TD (Tulane)
    • Higgins fumble going in for TD (Kansas)
    • Dixon fumble inside the 5 (Kansas)
    ((These 5 plays alone left 32 potential points on the field in four games.))

I think there are more legitimate explanations than "bad juju", "bad karma", or even youth. When does this trend (along with many other player errors) point directly at the coaches? Or do we just chalk it up solely to player mistakes at really inopportune times.

I mean, seriously. One could argue that we could be 4-0, instead we're sitting nasty at 1-3.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Re: Trend in glaring player errors

You've got a point, but we are spoiled by last year's turnover margin. Juluke needs to take a good share of the blame as does coach Holtz, but King and Dixon need to realize defenses will be coming after them now more than ever.

Higgins' fumble was a freshman mistake.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabzooks View Post
    I've never seen such an inordinate amount of player errors/mistakes at such untimely times (inside 5-yard line or redzone) in such a small sample (just 4 games). Mistakes are never desired, obviously; these five examples though have been so glaring because of where they've occurred:
    • Dixon fumble going in for TD (NC State)
    • King fumble in the redzone on a sure scoring drive (NC State)
    • King missed easy pass for walk-in TD (Tulane)
    • Higgins fumble going in for TD (Kansas)
    • Dixon fumble inside the 5 (Kansas)
    ((These 5 plays alone left 32 potential points on the field in four games.))

I think there are more legitimate explanations than "bad juju", "bad karma", or even youth. When does this trend (along with many other player errors) point directly at the coaches? Or do we just chalk it up solely to player mistakes at really inopportune times.

I mean, seriously. One could argue that we could be 4-0, instead we're sitting nasty at 1-3.
    You obviously don't watch the Cowboys very often.

Big Dog gabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud ofgabzooks has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    You obviously don't watch the Cowboys very often.
    Obviously, saying "I've never seen such ..." is total hyperbole on my part, due to my immediate frustration from today's loss. But, it is still rather conspicuous.
    And, yes, I am familiar with Romo's untimely errors.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post

So was this his first big boy football game? He doesn't get a pass on something that unnecessary. Just hold the ball. It's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    More like lazy mistake. Most players would have dived tenaciously at the pylon with two hands on the ball instead of passively sticking the ball out. There's nothing freshman about that error. Just plain weak football.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how he could fumble that ball. Obviously, he was reaching for the TD, but damn, you don't just DROP it!! WTF man??!!! We had a couple of players who looked retarded at times today. Just, head-scratchers. Not coaching mistakes, just.... WTF was THAT?!

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So was this his first big boy football game? He doesn't get a pass on something that unnecessary. Just hold the ball. It's simple.
    NOW, that is something I agree with, but it goes to coaching too. He should be told in his ear, to take care of the ball.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    NOW, that is something I agree with, but it goes to coaching too. He should be told in his ear, to take care of the ball.
    One should come to Tech knowing not to make that bonehead move. Keeping the ball in your sideline arm is taught in every Pee wee league.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Or maybe he shouldn't have been starting to begin with. Goes to coaching. Was he our best option today? Not from what I've heard.

If a kid has to be coached not to do what he did, chances are he will do it again later.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Or maybe he shouldn't have been starting to begin with. Goes to coaching. Was he our best option today? Not from what I've heard.

If a kid has to be coached not to do what he did, chances are he will do it again later.
    Agree there, but they even tell the pros to take care of the ball, especially inside the 5 yard line about to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    One should come to Tech knowing not to make that bonehead move. Keeping the ball in your sideline arm is taught in every Pee wee league.
    Agree, but it doesn't hurt to tell them to take care of the ball. Ever seen an NFL playbook....just about everyone of them has something on the first page about NO TURNOVERS...take care of the ball.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

What was our other option????

And remember, that what you write could look really dumb if Higgins works out real well for us in the long run.

I guarantee you that Skip Holtz is very happy with his QB's play today, save for the fumble, which is obvious. For the first time all year, Holtz saw his offense with something resembling some firepower.

I get what you are saying......but, I'll take less firepower and MORE points everyday!!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What was our other option????

And remember, that what you write could look really dumb if Higgins works out real well for us in the long run.

I guarantee you that Skip Holtz is very happy with his QB's play today, save for the fumble, which is obvious. For the first time all year, Holtz saw his offense with something resembling some firepower.
    The QB I saw today needs to make some of the many easy completions he missed. He makes those, doesn't act like a 6th grader on the touchback and he grades out a B. He gets a C.

+ Reply to Thread