+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News Star Asking for Input on Name Grab

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

News Star Asking for Input on Name Grab

News Star asking for people's opinion about the ULL name grab.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...omment_mention

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: News Star Asking for Input on Name Grab

Pathetic. ULM has the MOST to lose by letting ULL take over that name . . . and the majority don't care or want to go back to NLU. I really underestimated the ignorance over there.

Puppy Dawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really niceDawg138 is just really nice Dawg138's Avatar

ULM, NLU, or MONZAGA can't get out of their own way! Drive up US 165 there is a sign that points to a community college, and you see the ULM/NLU tower. Delta Community College should absorb ULM, NLU, MONZAGA, and improve their academic status!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Pathetic. ULM has the MOST to lose by letting ULL take over that name . . . and the majority don't care or want to go back to NLU. I really underestimated the ignorance over there.
    You noticed? The "lets just go back to NLU" thing is sad. They are serious.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

This is an opportunity to express an opinion in a somewhat public forum. The ULL people are so confident they have won this issue they are on there publicly calling themselves the University of Louisiana. If the News Star is going to do a story on this, I think the requested responses should reflect the truth about this matter.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    This is an opportunity to express an opinion in a somewhat public forum. The ULL people are so confident they have won this issue they are on there publicly calling themselves the University of Louisiana. If the News Star is going to do a story on this, I think the requested responses should reflect the truth about this matter.
    Buz, the upsetting thing is that I've been asking them to do this story for over 2 years, which was well before Lafayette gained momentum. Why are they just now treating it as an urgent situation?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Everyone who has Facebook access, go to this thread and post your objections.

This is NOT about nlulm. I could not care less about ULM other than their apathy on this situation.

This is about uslull trying to bully their way into a significant brand name change. A name change with historical ramifications. The uslull faithful have started posting their nonsense. We must answer it.

This is about all the other schools in the ULS vs. the leaders of uslull.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

I agree this is coming late. I think the UL System leadership needs to be called to task for letting this situation get so out of hand. This may be the only time anyone's voice gets heard so I want my opinion included in this article. The UL System needs to decide if they want ULL to be the flagship. If so, let them have the name. If not, put a stop to this madness.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Everyone who has Facebook access, go to this thread and post your objections.

This is NOT about nlulm. I could not care less about ULM other than their apathy on this situation.

This is about uslull trying to bully their way into a significant brand name change. A name change with historical ramifications. The uslull faithful have started posting their nonsense. We must answer it.

This is about all the other schools in the ULS vs. the leaders of uslull.
    Already posted my response.

Bulldog LaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the earsLaTechBulldog75 seems to have something between the ears LaTechBulldog75's Avatar

From the facebook post -
    "Michael Patin - The University of Louisiana is a national research academic institute."

I find it funny that usl is trying to make itself more important than it really is. There are only two NATIONALLY ranked Tier 1 research universities from the public universities in Louisiana (Louisiana Tech & LSU). The third Tier 1 is Tulane (Private university). I don't see them on that list. Their "flagship" claim is nothing but a bunch of bs as usual from them.

You can post more than once to present more of the many faceted aspects of this.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechBulldog75 View Post
    From the facebook post -
    "Michael Patin - The University of Louisiana is a national research academic institute."

I find it funny that usl is trying to make itself more important than it really is. There are only two NATIONALLY ranked Tier 1 research universities from the public universities in Louisiana (Louisiana Tech & LSU). The third Tier 1 is Tulane (Private university). I don't see them on that list. Their "flagship" claim is nothing but a bunch of bs as usual from them.
    They just respond they are ranked in the Princeton Review and we are not. Tit for tat. I believe we have the same SREB status. I think the ACT difference is a big deal. It kind of puts them in the same category as Southeastern, a big school with a bunch of ordinary students.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    They just respond they are ranked in the Princeton Review and we are not. Tit for tat. I believe we have the same SREB status. I think the ACT difference is a big deal. It kind of puts them in the same category as Southeastern, a big school with a bunch of ordinary students.
    The Princeton Review publication is a joke, and everybody knows it. They just pick random schools without any sort of methodology or metrics, and they don't even rank the schools. This Princeton Review publication is what produces the "Best Party Schools," "Jock Schools," "Most LGBT Friendly Schools," "Reefer Madness," rankings, etc. They aren't real academic rankings, and they have no credibility.

Tech ranks higher than ULL in every qualitative metric.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The Princeton Review publication is a joke, and everybody knows it. They just pick random schools without any sort of methodology or metrics, and they don't even rank the schools. This Princeton Review publication is what produces the "Best Party Schools," "Jock Schools," "Most LGBT Friendly Schools," "Reefer Madness," rankings, etc. They aren't real academic rankings, and they have no credibility.

Tech ranks higher than ULL in every qualitative metric.
    Do a side-by-side. I'll post it.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Do a side-by-side. I'll post it.
    I think Dawg06 posted an extensive comparison of Tech and Lafayette on this site before. I just can't remember where it is at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread