+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Holtz

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Fire Holtz

Who recruited the punter? How much experience does he have?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we were prepared, just had a bad gameplan. We needed 4 LBs instead of 5 DL. The outside plays killed us again. That HAS to be a speed issue (or maybe just not enough LB's on the field).

The only positives were Higgins, Guillot, and not many mistakes. Army beat our players mano a mano. We just couldn't stop them. Knew what they were going to do and let them run us over time and time again.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Their WR were able to hold their blocks against our soft DB's, hence the pitch man was good for 8+ yards every play. Just for S & G they would gash us up the middle, but it wasn't necessary.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

This post is disgusting and you should be ashamed -- it's unacceptable and a clear sign of a fair-weather fan. The fact that this is even a topic of discussion makes me sick.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Their WR were able to hold their blocks against our soft DB's, hence the pitch man was good for 8+ yards every play. Just for S & G they would gash us up the middle, but it wasn't necessary.
    Yeah, that's what I mean by not enough LBs out there. It was like we were missing a player or 2 on the outside (it looked like we only had 9 or 10 guys out there). They make 1 block on a DB and it's an easy 10 yards or more.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    This is bar-none the worst Tech team I've watched...and that's saying something.
    My how quickly we forget Rice and 700+ yards at JAS with Bicknell.

This team isn't to that level just yet. Could it get there...maybe.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad View Post
    This post is disgusting and you should be ashamed -- it's unacceptable and a clear sign of a fair-weather fan. The fact that this is even a topic of discussion makes me sick.
    Which post?

Puppy T.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the roughT.Alexander32 is a jewel in the rough T.Alexander32's Avatar

Not sure why they hired this guy, I mean what has he done to deserve this position?????? I played under Bick so I can only imagine what is happening behind the scene. I really feel bad for those players. They actually have dam good players on this roster (Hunter Lee for example), so there is no reason to why this team should be performing the way they are. This team is just not well prepared week in and week out. Also, to blame Dykes for this is just crazy and actually pretty funny. I don't believe Holtz is the right coach to lead this program. Just my honest opinion.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I mean by not enough LBs out there. It was like we were missing a player or 2 on the outside (it looked like we only had 9 or 10 guys out there). They make 1 block on a DB and it's an easy 10 yards or more.
    That's because our Corner Back on one side (Liggins), NEVER ---and I mean NEVER-- would attack the line of scrimmage and make the tackle on the pitch man. To Barnes' credit, he DID attack the LOS on the other side in the 2nd half (or maybe it was after the rain delay?), and he (Barnes) had some really good stops on the pitch man.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T.Alexander32 View Post
    Not sure why they hired this guy, I mean what has he done to deserve this position?????? I played under Bick so I can only imagine what is happening behind the scene. I really feel bad for those players. They actually have dam good players on this roster (Hunter Lee for example), so there is no reason to why this team should be performing the way they are. This team is just not well prepared week in and week out. Also, to blame Dykes for this is just crazy and actually pretty funny. I don't believe Holtz is the right coach to lead this program. Just my honest opinion.
    I don't know T, I didn't see any Army RB's run over Holtz, but I saw them running over a ton of our good players.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It's not going to happen guys.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    It's not going to happen guys.
    Doesn't mean it shouldn't though...

I think we all realize we have another season and half in all probability -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

New starters this year:

QB
    OT
    OG
    C
    OG
    WR
    WR
    WR
    MLB
    OLB
    CB
    CB
    S
    S
    P
    K

You have to give the guy a couple of years, imo.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    Which post?
    Apologies. This THREAD is what makes me sick.

2007 - Dooley's first year, 5-7
    wins over Central Arkansas, New Mexico State, a 2-10 USU team, Idaho and SJSU -- ZERO QUALITY WINS

2008 - Dooley's second year
    started the season 3-4 with wins over Mississippi State, SLU, and Idaho -- losses to Kansas, Army, Boise and Hawaii
    Shaped up in a weak conference and went to the IBOWL

2009 - Dooley's third year wins over Nicholls, NMSU, SJSU and Hawaii...
    Finished the season 4-8

2010 - Sonny's first year
    finished 5-7

2011 - started season 1-4 before going to Poinsettia Bowl

SO HOW IS THIS YEAR DIFFERENT? Quit this FIRE HOLTZ nonsense and hope we get our stuff together in conference. Support the coach, allow him to get his players and his offense working and then judge. UNTIL THEN you support your coach.

No one is blaming Dykes... but when you have 2-3 returning starters on a team that ran a very precise special gimmick offense and everyone running that offense is gone, what do you expect?

And also guys I hate to break this to you but our players didn't show up to play the last two games of last season either.... this isn't something NEW.

+ Reply to Thread