+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Program Killing Leadership

Puppy sxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the rough

Program Killing Leadership

So who thought it was a brilliant idea to move a home game to Dallas again? Moving home games out of Ruston is killing our program. Maybe next year we'll move a home game to Kentucky or somewhere else that does us no damn good. Play home games at home. Home is Ruston. Let our guys play in front of 20,000+ every time because we gain NOTHING from playing games in Dallas or Shreveport. People will blame the poor attendance on the rain, but I've watched games in Ruston in the rain and a hell of a lot more people showed up. We are led by idiots.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Program Killing Leadership

The announced attendance was almost 32k. Over 20 k on the la tech side.

Puppy sxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the roughsxg023 is a jewel in the rough

The announced attendance was a bald face lie then. Because I can see on the TV that there were less than 10,000 in the stands there. And many of them were not in Red or Blue. This was not a neutral site game.. this was our return home game. If we don't want our own fans to be the ones in the stands then we should just play all away games. Playing HOME games off campus is stupid. Point out ONE time in the last two decades where a home game that we played away from campus was a better atmosphere than one in the JOE... EXACTLY

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

I thought this thread was going to be about Skip "program killer" Holtz.

Bulldog bluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around herebluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around here bluegrass dawg's Avatar

The whole game is an embarrassment !!! Nobody in the stands, making a horrible Army team look good. Should have been in Ruston. BTW, Higgins is terrible

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Blue, I'm no Higgins apologist, but how can you tell how good or bad he is? The O-line is terrible. If he hasn't been sacked, someone's right in his face 75% of the time.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Higgins is not the problem. Venue is not the problem.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Higgins is not terrible. The team as a whole is not good.

Ok do not misunderstand this thread. I am not blaming the loss on the venue. Even if we won the game, the IDEA of playing a HOME GAME in Dallas is stupid. If we win by 40 and dominate, it is still a bad idea. Play this game in Ruston. We've done this experiment enough, just play home games in Ruston. Let other teams play their home games away from home because it hasn't helped one damn bit.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Before you complain about the crowd I'd prefer you come and see for yourself. The cotton bowl stadium has a level under the upper level. Tech showed up today better than I think any of us expected. The team didn't show up, and the fans won't show up the rest of the year.

Varsity Bulldog rtr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her game rtr002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Blue, I'm no Higgins apologist, but how can you tell how good or bad he is? The O-line is terrible. If he hasn't been sacked, someone's right in his face 75% of the time.
    Exactomundo!
    How bout them Dawgs!

Ok again, I'm not complaining about the crowd. I'm not complaining about the fans. I'm complaining because there would have been just as many Tech people in the JOE. You don't move a home game somewhere else unless you get a HUGE benefit from it. Our students and fans had to drive 5 hours to this game and our local businesses didn't get the extra money that a home game brings in. We would have been better served by playing this game in the JOE. The idea of playing home games away from the JOE needs to die.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

I logged in on my walk back from the stadium just to call out the op. I agree with kw (who is walking next to me) that Tech fans showed up in the rain all day at the state fair and game! We did our part, the team did not.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not finished. Tech ha a huge opportunity to show off in front of our Texas alumni and the team + coaching staff blew it BIG Tex style.

Are you saying you think it was better to play this game in Dallas than playing this game in the Joe? Tell me one thing we gained... Are we going to have new fans from texas drive 5 hours to Ruston to watch other home games? Because I don't see the benefit at all. A game at the Joe has a ton of benefits. To move a game, then the other venue better offer way more benefits. It simply didn't. And this has nothing to do with the fans. This post is simply about discussing the IDEA of playing home games outside the Joe. I think it hurts moving one of our 6 home games away from Ruston. If we had 8 home games, then maybe move one... but not one of our 6

+ Reply to Thread