+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Football...the front door to institutions."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: "Football...the front door to institutions."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Right now we have a three-legged dog and one eyed pig lying on our front porch...
    If that porch could just get a dam bulldog puppy, it might have a chance.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

bump
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If it was good enough for Trigger and Bullet it was good enough for TECH -

Stuff him and mount him on a red wagon and our mascot worries are over for good

May want to scotch guard him for rainy days
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

If it was good enough for Trigger and Bullet it was good enough for TECH -

Stuff him and mount him on a red wagon and our mascot worries are over for good

May want to scotch guard him for rainy days
    May want to have a child psychologist on hand for all official events, cause there are going to be a bunch of freaked out little rug-rats running around and screaming.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The Saban article dovetails with exactly what I've witnessed locally. Here in Texas, my next door neighbor's kid is a new freshman at Alabama-Tuscaloosa. In fact, she and several of her high school classmates from McKinney Boyd High School decided to go to BAMA for college. I asked the girl 's mom if Ashley (the daughter) had ever even been to the state of Alabama before this, and she said no....at least not until a senior year visit to the campus for cheerleader camp.
    Hmmm, didn't one of the Boyd boosters ,who is a successful businessman in McKinney graduate from Bama? I believe he had a son that graduated from Boyd and went to Bama.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

I mentioned this a long time ago. When LSU won their championship in 03, they had more freshman applications than any time in their history. I worked in Tech admissions at the time and was very close with people in their admissions office. When Florida Gulf Coast made their run in the tournament last year, traffic to their admissions page on the website increased exponentially. I don't remember the statistics but they are out there. I'm kind of tired of beating the dead horse because I've been dealing with it since I got to Tech in '98 and its the same thing year in and year out. Even when we do something decent we can't maintain it the next season and build any momentum. For those of us that live far away, it makes it very difficult to sustain any sort of passion for the school. Like it or not, nobody likes a perennial underachiever. I will say that Fox Sports 1, at least on Comcast in Charleston seems to be the LA Tech Sports Network. I've watched parts of every game they've played this season.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

thank goodness we're talking about the front door because we've been getting back doored pretty frequently this year
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    thank goodness we're talking about the front door because we've been getting back doored pretty frequently this year

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Right now we have a three-legged dog and one eyed pig lying on our front porch...
    I had a three legged dog, he got around pretty dang good. Now, can't say much on the one eyed pig's performance. But the old "blind hog ..................." comments may apply.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I think our former AD tried to put some lipstick on that one eyed pig.

+ Reply to Thread