+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Someone Please Change the Description of the Blonde Bomber Board

Puppy Drinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around hereDrinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around hereDrinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around here Drinking at Sundown's Avatar

Someone Please Change the Description of the Blonde Bomber Board

At present, the Blonde Bomber board reads as follows:

"If you don't know who TB is, then you are a communist who hates Johnny's Pizza and Coke Cola Icees."

It should be penned as "Coca-Cola Icees." It pains my eyes every time I glance at the board. As the flagship message board for Louisiana Tech University, I believe we owe it to all alumni and current students to achieve a higher level of attention to detail.

I understand Ruston wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes, but spelling is but a small hurdle in our quest to achieve our rightful place as the most reputable university in the Pelican State.

"Aim higher." - Dr. Karl Malone

P.S. An evaluation of the pros/cons of the tenets of Communism is hereby reserved for a later discussion on the political forum.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Re: Someone Please Change the Description of the Blonde Bomber Board

Quote Originally Posted by Drinking at Sundown View Post

"If you don't know who TB is, then you are a communist who hates Johnny's Pizza and Coke Cola Icees."

It should be penned as "Coca-Cola Icees." It pains my eyes every time I glance at the board. As the flagship message board for Louisiana Tech University, I believe we owe it to all alumni and current students to achieve a higher level of attention to detail.

I understand Ruston wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes, but spelling is but a small hurdle in our quest to achieve our rightful place as the most reputable university in the Pelican State.

P.S. An evaluation of the pros/cons of the tenets of Communism is hereby reserved for a later discussion on the political forum.
    Doesn't matter to me one way or the other......BUT, coke-cola is a fairly common pronunciation of coca-cola. Especially in the older generation. Think that's why its on there like that.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Haha.. good one

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the "Coke-Cola" spelling was intentional, and intended for humor. Nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, cool pic in your signature.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Nope it's coke-cola
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy Drinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around hereDrinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around hereDrinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around here Drinking at Sundown's Avatar

I am disappointed, Dwayne. What is the genesis of this animosity that you feel toward Drinking at Sundown? Perhaps you went Glenbrook.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

See you don't get BB&B...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe D@S doesn't know Coke Cola is a bidness founded in Atlanta, Ga way back in the day.

That the rest of the country outside the Deep South doesn't know how to properly pronounce it ain't our problem.

How about everyone upvote my posts so I don't have a red lightsaber by my username.

+ Reply to Thread