+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: La Tech to Hold Press Conference to Announce Major Facility Upgrade

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech to Hold Press Conference to Announce Major Facility Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by fussbudget View Post
    So it sounds like ya'll are getting what we had installed at the beginning of this year:
    Yep. Except ours will have a additional screen at the top where the green is on that one.

Puppy fussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nicefussbudget is just really nice fussbudget's Avatar

Re: LA Tech to Hold Press Conference to Announce Major Facility Upgrade

[QUOTE=qng001;1383880]Info on the goodies we are getting, it's really nice. So it looks like we have a total of 6 (four center hung, two courtside) video displays in the TAC.

Sweet. We also got a major sound system and courtside video/graphics upgrade as well.

Movin' on up.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: La Tech to Hold Press Conference to Announce Major Facility Upgrade

Not trying to nitpick, but is a $2m scoreboard really a "major facility upgrade"? Don't get me wrong, I know it was badly needed for the TAC, and I'm very happy that we're getting it. But, I would consider this small potato's compared to a "major" facility upgrade along the lines of the South End Zone project, or UNT's announcement regarding Apogee Stadium. I think our athletic administration needs to re-define what a "major facility upgrade" is.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I would argue it's the third largest upgrade in the past 20 years to the face of Tech athletics

We have OUR major and unfortunately everyone else has theirs
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I would argue it's the third largest upgrade in the past 20 years to the face of Tech athletics

Totally agree. Anything above a fresh coat of paint and a power washing is major.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/col...?ssimg=1241808

An article in the Dallas Morning News today regarding North Texas committment to athletics. The best quotes are:

“But between 1979 and 2000, they spent less than $1.5 million on the infrastructure for the entire athletic department. For almost 25 years, there was no real commitment to the program.”

The AD came in and:

“I told them if we’re going to be successful in athletics, this is how much money we’re going to have to spend in the next 10 years: $125 million,”Villarreal said. “They about choked on it.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post

An article in the Dallas Morning News today regarding North Texas committment to athletics. The best quotes are:

“But between 1979 and 2000, they spent less than $1.5 million on the infrastructure for the entire athletic department. For almost 25 years, there was no real commitment to the program.”

The AD came in and:

“I told them if we’re going to be successful in athletics, this is how much money we’re going to have to spend in the next 10 years: $125 million,”Villarreal said. “They about choked on it.

Old Dog, I suspect we're going to get that type of speech real soon. Maybe not to the tune of $125M, but still will be a huge number.

DFM, I agree with what I believe you're thinking and that is that we have to start somewhere. What may not seem like a big deal to some, we have to take the first of many steps to come if we're going to be successful. Just curious, what would No. 1 and No. 2 under DR be??

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Wyly addition to field house and then the jumbotron

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Wyly addition to field house and then the jumbotron
    Some will be left out here, but...

Jumbotron and New TAC Scoreboard are why Learfield is here. Dooley's vision. CTB, P.M., and others have been a big part of these deals.

Mr. Patterson was the big guy on the field house.

Talking football the year before the move to the WAC - it had a price tag of about $3 million I think

Patterson was baseball and it was about $500K?

Talking football the year before the move to the WAC - it had a price tag of about $3 million I think

Patterson was baseball and it was about $500K?

+ Reply to Thread