+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roger Goodell Orders All NFL Teams To Change Nicknames

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Roger Goodell Orders All NFL Teams To Change Nicknames

NEW YORK CITY (AP) – In a stunning turn of events yesterday afternoon, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has ordered all 32 NFL teams to change their nicknames immediately.

“We have to do everything that’s necessary to make sure that we’re representing each franchise in a positive way . . . and that if we are offending one person, we need to be listening and making sure that we’re doing the right things to try to address that,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said during a press conference yesterday afternoon.

Commissioner Goodell later added, “We are being proactive regarding this issue. We’ve made the decision to change not only the Redskins nickname, but the nicknames of all 32 teams.”

The National Football League was the subject of growing controversy for years due to the Washington Redskins nickname. A chorus of opponents in the Native American community and the American left petitioned the NFL to change the offensive nickname.

The tipping point in the NFL nickname controversy came when President Barack Obama announced he would consider changing the Redskins name if he owned the team.

“If I were the owner of the team and I knew that there was a name of my team — even if it had a storied history — that was offending a sizeable group of people, I’d think about changing it,” Obama said on an interview on the Rachel Maddow Show last Wednesday.

Anonymous sources tell the AP that Roger Goodell called an emergency meeting the following morning of the 32 NFL owners who voted unanimously in favor of the name changes. The owners decided to change all the nicknames instead of just the Redskins name, because they did not want their nicknames to offend anybody.

“The owners were skeptical about the nickname changes at first, but once President Obama announced his position on the issue…we knew he was right and we knew the right course of action to take,” said Dan Rooney, former U.S. Ambassador to Ireland, Obama supporter, and Owner of the newly-christened Pittsburgh Windmills.

“We are proud of the NFL’s decision to change all the names,” British comedian and actor Stephen Fry commented on his Facebook page. “The New Orleans Saints is offensive to atheists and non-Catholics around the world. I am extremely pleased to see them become the New Orleans Freethinkers.”

Among the NFL name changes that were deemed offensive and will be changed are the Green Bay Packers (name is a shortened slur against homosexuals), the New York Giants (offensive to vertically-challenged people), the Cleveland Browns (nickname offends the Hispanic community), and the Jacksonville Jaguars (the nickname is okay, but the team is offensive to football fans and humanity as a whole).

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Roger Goodell Orders All NFL Teams To Change Nicknames

hahahahaha

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Just one thing wrong with that AP story...incorrect title for the leader mentioned...it's Supreme Czar, not President.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Just one thing wrong with that AP story...incorrect title for the leader mentioned...it's Supreme Czar, not President.
    I prefer court jester.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Offensive?? Dan Snyder should ask el presidente why he doesn't change his own name.
    True, now that you bring it up. I have just decided that I am going to be offended that anyone in this country would keep a middle name that is the same as a heartless dictator.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

They are now be called the Washington Foreskins with all of the **cks in Washington DC.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

This is not the Washington Redskins' logo/mascot:

This is also not the Washington Redskins' logo/mascot:

Neither is this:

Or this:

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

And while we are at it...where is the separation of church and sports entertainment? Hello?

Saints
    Padres
    Angels
    San Antonio Missions
    Devils
    Blue Devils
    Demons
    Blue Demons
    Monarchs
    Knights
    Army Black Knights? I think that's also racist
    Purple Knights
    Friars

I'm sure someone is ticked off about:
    Celtics
    Fighting Irish
    Warriors
    Chippewas
    Seminoles
    Rainbow Warriors
    Rainbow Wahine
    Choctaws
    Aztecs
    Utes
    Red Raiders
    Fighting Sioux
    Tribe
    Redhawks
    Eskimos
    The Brooklyn Italians?
    Knicks
    Vikings
    Texans
    Raiders
    Canadiens
    Canucks
    Americans
    Illini
    Ragin' Cajuns!
    Spartans
    Rebels
    Trojans
    Mountaineers
    Colonials
    Gaels
    Quakers

I am very offended at all of these. If the federal government doesn't force all of these to be changed, I am going to whine about it on Facebook until something is done.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    And while we are at it...where is the separation of church and sports entertainment? Hello?

Saints
    Padres
    Angels
    San Antonio Missions
    Devils
    Blue Devils
    Demons
    Blue Demons
    Monarchs
    Knights
    Purple Knights
    Friars

Celtics
    Fighting Irish
    Warriors
    Chippewas
    Seminoles
    Rainbow Warriors
    Rainbow Wahine
    Choctaws
    Aztecs
    Utes
    Red Raiders
    Fighting Sioux
    Tribe
    Redhawks
    Eskimos
    The Brooklyn Italians?
    Knicks
    Vikings
    Texans
    Raiders
    Canadiens
    Canucks
    Americans
    Illini
    Ragin' Cajuns!
    Spartans
    Rebels
    Trojans
    Mountaineers
    Colonials
    Gaels
    Quakers

I am very offended at all of these. If the federal government doesn't force all of these to be changed, I am going to whine about it on Facebook until something is done.
    How about the Philadelphia Eagles? It is wrong for a professional sports team in America to exploit for financial and economic reasons the national emblem of the greatest nation on Earth.

How about the Dallas Cowboys? Didn't cowboys fight Indians at some point? If it's offensive to glorify the Redskins name that some people find offensive, then where's the outrage over the Cowboys name which glorifies a group of people who actually fought and sometimes killed Indians?

How about the Indianapolis Colts? The Colts name harkens back to the Baltimore Colts days where the teams was named after the long history of horse racing and breeding. This industry exploits gentle creatures which are whipped by vertically challenged rejects of the Lollipop Guild and shipped off to the glue factory if they lose a race. Surely, this name should be changed, right?

How about the San Francisco 49ers? They are named after the gold prospectors who flooded into California during the Gold Rush of 1849 and eventually led to the exploitation of cheap Chinese labor in the mining and railroad industries. We cannot glorify these people by naming a professional football team after them.

How about the New York Giants? Why should tall people get a team named after them? Giants have been defeated in stories and history by a young Jewish shepherd boy and a man who accidentally grew a giant beanstalk. Why not name a team in honor of underdogs or vertically-challenged people?

How about the Jacksonville Jaguars? This name is offensive to all professional football fans, because of how much the team sucks. The team should be renamed the Old Yellers, so Roger Goodell and the NFL can put the poor team out of its misery for good.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I find great offense in the nickname "cowboys" and "falcons". Redskins, not so much

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post

Saints
    Padres
    Angels
    San Antonio Missions
    Devils
    Blue Devils
    Demons
    Blue Demons
    Monarchs
    Knights
    Purple Knights
    Friars

Celtics
    Fighting Irish
    Warriors
    Chippewas
    Seminoles
    Rainbow Warriors
    Rainbow Wahine
    Choctaws
    Aztecs
    Utes
    Red Raiders
    Fighting Sioux
    Tribe
    Redhawks
    Eskimos
    The Brooklyn Italians?
    Knicks
    Vikings
    Texans
    Raiders
    Canadiens
    Canucks
    Americans
    Illini
    Ragin' Cajuns!
    Spartans
    Rebels
    Trojans
    Mountaineers
    Colonials
    Gaels
    Quakers

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

NFL NAME CHANGE

Here is an email sent to Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune after an
    article he published concerning a name change for the Washington Redskins.

Dear Mr. Page...

I always love your articles. and I generally agree with them. I would
    suggest, as in an email I received, they change the name to the "Foreskins"
    to better represent their community, paying tribute to the dick heads in
    Congress.

Here are some other politically correct issues to consider: I agree with our
    Native American population. I am highly insulted by the racially charged
    name of the Washington Redskins. One might argue that to name a professional
    football team after Native Americans would exalt them as fine warriors, but
    nay, nay. We must be careful not to offend, and in the spirit of political
    correctness and courtesy, we must move forward. Let's ditch the Kansas City
    Chiefs, the Atlanta
    Braves and the Cleveland Indians. If your shorts are in a wad
    because of the reference the name Redskins makes to skin color, then we need
    to get rid of the Cleveland Browns.

The Carolina Panthers obviously were named to keep the memory of
    militant Blacks from the 60's alive. Gone. It's offensive to us
    white folk.

The New York Yankees offend the Southern population. Do you see a team named
    for the Confederacy? No! There is no room for any reference to that tragic
    war that cost this country so many young men's lives.

I am also offended by the blatant references to the Catholic religion among
    our sports team names. Totally inappropriate to have the New Orleans
    Saints, the Los Angeles Angels or the San Diego Padres.

Then there are the team names that glorify criminals who raped and pillaged.
    We are talking about the horrible Oakland Raiders, the Minnesota Vikings,
    the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Pittsburgh Pirates!

Now, let us address those teams that clearly send the wrong message to our
    children. The San Diego Chargers promote irresponsible fighting or even
    spending habits. Wrong message to our children.

The New York Giants and the San Francisco Giants promote obesity, a growing
    childhood epidemic. Wrong message to our children.

The Cincinnati Reds promote downers/barbiturates . Wrong message to our
    children.

The Milwaukee Brewers---well that goes without saying . . . Wrong message to
    our children.

So, there you go. We need to support any legislation that comes out
    to rectify this travesty, because the government will likely become
    involved with this issue, as they should. Just the kind of thing the
    do-nothing congress loves . . .

As a die hard Oregon State fan, my wife and I, with all of this in mind, it
    might also make some sense to change the name of the Oregon State women's
    athletic teams to something other than "the Beavers."

Keep those cards and letters coming.

+ Reply to Thread