+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberty on a mission

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Liberty on a mission

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Atheists will burn in Hell forever.

Can't try to use the excuse "I didn't know" when Judgment Day comes. You do know. You are choosing to reject the truth. Fortunately for you, it is still not too late. God is forgiving and will happily accept you into the fold, but you have to have a change of heart. God gave all of us a free will. It's up to you.
    Thank you for the information, but how does this relate to the topic D80? Are you perhaps saying that holding hands is against God's will and Christ's message? If so, can you point out Bible passages to me?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Again, the NCAA is discriminating on the basis of belief.

Either let Liberty in, or move the tournament games back to North Carolina (and kick out BYU for that matter).

People's opinions on Liberty's may differ. That's fine. Don't apply a different standard to them, though.

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

Either let Liberty in, or move the tournament games back to North Carolina (and kick out BYU for that matter).

People's opinions on Liberty's may differ. That's fine. Don't apply a different standard to them, though.
    I'm fine with your proposals, but I'm still confused what D80 was trying to make a point of saying.

If Christianity is a problem, they should also kick out TCU, Notre Dame, Duke, Boston College, etc. Or is it the not playing on Sundays thing? And I think NCAA's position on North Carolina will soften if Texas pushes those laws through. Texas is too big...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I'm fine with your proposals, but I'm still confused what D80 was trying to make a point of saying.

If Christianity is a problem, they should also kick out TCU, Notre Dame, Duke, Boston College, etc. Or is it the not playing on Sundays thing? And I think NCAA's position on North Carolina will soften if Texas pushes those laws through. Texas is too big...
    I'm not sure either. Hopefully he can clarify!

The schools you listed are pretty much only Christian in name. Baylor would also be one, but they were perfectly happy to look the other way when Brittney Griner was winning Final Fours. Liberty dares to put some of their beliefs in practice (at least, they claim to, I have my doubts).

We'll see. Sooner or later people will realize the NCAA is discriminating by letting men compete on separate teams.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

How is the NCAA discriminating against Liberty's beliefs?

The schools you listed are pretty much only Christian in name. Baylor would also be one, but they were perfectly happy to look the other way when Brittney Griner was winning Final Fours. Liberty dares to put some of their beliefs in practice (at least, they claim to, I have my doubts).

We'll see. Sooner or later people will realize the NCAA is discriminating by letting men compete on separate teams.
    Agree that Liberty should not be discriminated for being proud of Christianity. However, I would loathe to share a conference with them due to their extreme rules against holding hands. I would be scared to get a ticket/fine for holding hands at a Tech Liberty Sporting Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    How is the NCAA discriminating against Liberty's beliefs?
    I'm trying to remember the specifics. I don't know if it was the NCAA itself or just a group of other presidents that reacted strongly to Liberty's interest, citing LU's insistence on biblical marriage and acceptance of creation teachings. I could be wrong - if you have better information I'm all ears.

I'm trying to remember the specifics. I don't know if it was the NCAA itself or just a group of other presidents that reacted strongly to Liberty's interest, citing LU's insistence on biblical marriage and acceptance of creation teachings. I could be wrong - if you have better information I'm all ears.
    Maybe that was the Sunbelt conference reactions? At least on discriminating on why to prefer JMU over Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    Maybe that was the Sunbelt conference reactions? At least on discriminating on why to prefer JMU over Liberty.
    I think you're right.

Whelp, as D80 still hasn't responded, looks like he was just trolling?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Atheists will burn in Hell forever.

Can't try to use the excuse "I didn't know" when Judgment Day comes. You do know. You are choosing to reject the truth. Fortunately for you, it is still not too late. God is forgiving and will happily accept you into the fold, but you have to have a change of heart. God gave all of us a free will. It's up to you.
    What part don't you understand? Speaks for itself.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The NCAA hasn't done anything to discriminate against Liberty to my knowledge. Like Bearpaw said, maybe you are confusing the NCAA with the Belch, but I also wouldn't say the Belch discriminated against them. The Belch simply invited Coastal Carolina instead for reasons I assume we can only speculate about.

What part don't you understand? Speaks for itself.
    How does the comment fit into the conversation?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I interviewed a dude that graduated from Liberty one time. Weirdest dude I have ever met.
    The weirdest I ever interviewed was from Louisiana Tech.

+ Reply to Thread