+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What did Hunter Lee do to make these coaches mad????

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

What did Hunter Lee do to make these coaches mad????

I am still baffled, bewildered, amazed, wondering, etc... what in the heck Hunter Lee did to pi$$ off these coaches....why he is not touching the ball 10-12 times per game just baffles me.

YES, I am happy that we won yesterday. BUT, one of the best playmakers/football players on the team is not involved in the offense. I wish these guys would look at some games from 2 years ago.

I just don't understand it...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: What did Hunter Lee do to make these coaches mad????

He is an inside receiver. None of our inside guys get more than about 6 chances per game much less 10-12 chances. Running the Meercat every play costs us opportunities to run plays.

Edit: I think DJ got several opportunities in the one big game he had, but that's the only one I can recall.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

If that is the case, he needs to change positions...he is too gifted of a football player not to be involved in the offense
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Varsity Bulldog upsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    If that is the case, he needs to change positions...he is too gifted of a football player not to be involved in the offense
    Yea, like running back, especially with King getting hurt and Dixon getting banged up. We just can't depend on one player(Dixon) to win games by himself. We could use Hunter at WR and RB, I think we used John Simon that way.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We just have to realize that HL is a dynamic player who can make anything happen when he has the ball. There is no room for a player like that on a team led by a guy named Skippy.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upsetpuppydog View Post
    Yea, like running back, especially with King getting hurt and Dixon getting banged up. We just can't depend on one player(Dixon) to win games by himself. We could use Hunter at WR and RB, I think we used John Simon that way.
    I think there is a guy named Martin who has come along quite nicely since fall drills began. Sorry you have missed his plays.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog upsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I think there is a guy named Martin who has come along quite nicely since fall drills began. Sorry you have missed his plays.
    Nothing against Martin, but Hunter Lee is better. Hunter Lee is one of the best players on our team.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

So. . . if (God forbid) Hunter Lee gets hurt who you gonna call? I think you're being one-dimensional.
    Last night we need all hands on deck.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

So. . . if (God forbid) Hunter Lee gets hurt who you gonna call?

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Need to move him back to running back and move King to slot receiver. HL can spell Dixon in single back sets, be the 2nd back in 2-3 back sets, and be a great 3rd down back. This way he will touch the ball enough to impact the game. As receiver he is one of 8-9 in the rotation.
    Likewise, King can get the ball on speed option plays, screens, DEEP pass threat, and other creative ways. Why not get your top (3) skilled play makers ALL involved in the offense.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He is an inside receiver. None of our inside guys get more than about 6 chances per game much less 10-12 chances. Running the Meercat every play costs us opportunities to run plays.

Edit: I think DJ got several opportunities in the one big game he had, but that's the only one I can recall.
    I noticed we ran the Meerkat offense a little less often against UTEP. I was pleasantly surprised.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If King's injury keeps him out any games, I definitely think Hunter Lee should get a shot at providing depth at RB.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I did notice....after Banks fumbled the ball on the kickoff and made a MAJOR FU....Hunter Lee caught the ball on the next kickoff. Also, it was Hunter that caught the ball when UTEP tried the on sides kick at the end of the game. I was really worried about that on sides kick. Thank God they kicked it to Hunter!!!!!!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

So. . . if (God forbid) Hunter Lee gets hurt who you gonna call? I think you're being one-dimensional.
    Last night we need all hands on deck.
    Now you're just being a smart ass. :icon_wink: I like Blake Martin a lot. I cheered for him when he was at nearby Lovejoy High School. I'm a big Blake Martin fan. But he ain't no Hunter Lee. HL is probably one of the best athletes on this team. For a coach to not find ways to get him the football is absurd.......especially with King out.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I noticed we ran the Meerkat offense a little less often against UTEP. I was pleasantly surprised.
    Yep, and with LESS Meerkat, we made more first downs and moved the friggin ball!!!

+ Reply to Thread