+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denver at Dallas

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Denver at Dallas

I normally don't watch much NFL, but figured this would be a shootout and it has.

1:40 left. Dallas should have allowed Denver to score on the first play after the interception. Not a basic call, but a no brainer IMO.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Denver at Dallas

Now Denver is milking the clock...

This is what happens when the owner has a headset telling the coach what to do.

Denver running clock down. Last play of game will be a FG.

Denver wins 51-48. Romo will be the goat again.

Manning 414 yds 4 TDs and a rushing TD

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cant stop laughing!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Jerry's pain is most fans pleasure. I am happy they have remained largely irrelevant for quite a while. Can you imagine how good they could have been the past 20 years if Jerry knew when to get out of the way?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Jerry's pain is most fans pleasure. I am happy they have remained largely irrelevant for quite a while. Can you imagine how good they could have been the past 20 years if Jerry knew when to get out of the way?
    I just can't forgive Jones for the way he handled Landry's firing even though Landry did forgive him. Landry was pure class.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Was watching the game, with a friend. I am definitely not a 'boys fan, and he is "iffy" about it. We were saying, Wow! Romo is having a brilliant day. Which he was.....right up to the point when he lost the game...again.

The Houston Texans are cooked. Gotta get rid of Schaub.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Was watching the game, with a friend. I am definitely not a 'boys fan, and he is "iffy" about it. We were saying, Wow! Romo is having a brilliant day. Which he was.....right up to the point when he lost the game...again.
    Yesterday was the quintessential Tony Romo game. He was amazing the entire game, and then he makes a mistake at the most critical moment of the game which results in a loss. Everyone should be discussing Romo's 506 yards and 5 TDs, but the storyline will be how Romo choked at the end of an important game yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The Houston Texans are cooked. Gotta get rid of Schaub.
    Houston has a 2-3 record with games against New England, Denver, Kansas City, and Indianapolis (twice). They're looking at 8-8 or worse right now. I don't think Houston benches Schaub yet, but the fat lady is almost finished warming up. If Schaub doesn't improve, Houston could make the change at QB during the bye week after the Kansas City game in two weeks.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Yep Cowboys needed an Ole Defense after the pick...

Very very entertaining ballgame
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I have never been a Cowboys fan. But I genuinely like Romo. He is one tough SOB, seems really likeable and has a unique skill set.

I feel sorry for the guy. There are probably only two or three other QB's in the world who could have done what he did for the first 58 minutes of that game yesterday and all he will be remembered for is his only bad play of the day.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Had his ego not forced him to fire Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys would have been scary good for the entire decade of the 1990s. During the last 10-12 years, they could have been contenders several times. I'm definitely not a Cowboys fan, but if he could get out of his own way, his team would prosper.

If someone would explain it to him in dollars and cents, he might get it. "Jerry, with a different GM, you would go to the playoffs more often, which would bring in an extra XXX dollars." Otherwise, he will be the next Al Davis. The key difference is that, at one time, Al Davis was considered a football genius. He really knew a lot about the game.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I have never been a Cowboys fan. But I genuinely like Romo. He is one tough SOB, seems really likeable and has a unique skill set.

I feel sorry for the guy. There are probably only two or three other QB's in the world who could have done what he did for the first 58 minutes of that game yesterday and all he will be remembered for is his only bad play of the day.
    All of that is true. It is also true that what happened yesterday seems like a perfect summary of his career. It's almost like a Greek tragedy or something.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    All of that is true. It is also true that what happened yesterday seems like a perfect summary of his career. It's almost like a Greek tragedy or something.
    It is. Makes you want to pull for the guy. At least it does me.

Dude is ultra talented. Just always seems to find a way to beat himself

... cue Champ.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

That's what kills me about blaming Romo. Manning threw an INT that allowed Romo to give the Cowboys the lead to begin with. And the Broncos punter never punted the ball once. We gave up 51 points and people are blaming Romo. Kills me. It's so shortsighted. We ran for 50 yards. That's it. Every game Romo is asked to take the entire team on his back and produce with no line and a crappy running game and a weak defense on top of it. And when he isn't perfect people hate on him.

This is actually a good thread that put's the blame where it belongs. Right on Jerry Jones shoulders.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Cowboy fans -

Question - should you of let them score on the first play on that last drive? That was the best hope I felt
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Cowboy fans -

Question - should you of let them score on the first play on that last drive? That was the best hope I felt
    Definitely. That would have given us the ball back with 1:45 left. More than enough time. I rarely see coaches do it but it's the right move more often than people would think. It all depends on your team and the flow of the game. Would I have been for one of our Dooley coached Tech teams doing it? Hell no. But yesterdays game called for it and Garrett came up short.

+ Reply to Thread