+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Paul Millsap Vision

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Paul Millsap Vision

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I loved, loved, loved that I could finally at last understand the announcer! And the tunnel covers are very nice, too. That said, I may have to bring my binoculars to be able to read the stat screen or whatever it's called, but it doesn't really matter as it was covered up by regal blues and cameramen all night. Not sure where else they could go, and I'm sure y'all don' care where they are as long as you can see them, but the screen was rather useless with them in front the whole time.
    Right on. I'd imagine, but don't take my word for it, they'll probably split up the RBs and the cheerleaders . . . half for mens games, half for women. Cuz, you're right, the message boards are covered up by both. But, the problem is. . . do you cover up the ground-level video board or the scoreboard? Can't cover up the time on the scoreboard with bodies. . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Video board is awesome. Ran very well all night. Timely replays. Would even show a replay from a few possesions earlier that it did not have time to show.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Luv it if Daktronics can fix the image lag. It's about a half second out of sync with live. Don't know if it can be done, but maybe it can be.

Oh, PS:
    Luv. LUV! the post-game radio show being simulcast on Paul Milsap Vision video board for those hanging around at The TAC. Was told both men and women's radio broadcasts will be picked up after the band plays the alma mater and it will stay on through the coaches' post-game interviews. Thumbs up.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I love how it seems that the athletic department reads this board and responds to ideas posted here with execution on many of those ideas. Last night was I think another example with the tunnel covers, making sure the team fouls were visible and the increased student section for the past two games.

I want to see 5,000 in the TAC often this year. That was a great start on a Wednesday. Can we be a basketball school now and pump a ton of money into it? I'd fully support that.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I love how it seems that the athletic department reads this board and responds to ideas posted here with execution on many of those ideas. Last night was I think another example with the tunnel covers, making sure the team fouls were visible and the increased student section for the past two games.

I want to see 5,000 in the TAC often this year. That was a great start on a Wednesday. Can we be a basketball school now and pump a ton of money into it? I'd fully support that.
    If Tech plays decent ball, the TAC will see 5,000+ numerous times this year. The season opener last night had 3,942 in attendance compared to 2,465 last year. The tunnel covers were a nice touch.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

They, some will admit it, others won't - plus it helps having most of their cell phones so we can text suggestions -

The cheerleader placement and RB placement is an issue with the boards - really don't know how to get around that...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Can someone post a pic of the covers?

Wasn't able to make it last nite
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They, some will admit it, others won't - plus it helps having most of their cell phones so we can text suggestions -

The cheerleader placement and RB placement is an issue with the boards - really don't know how to get around that...
    There is room in the corners instead of along the baseline if you split the squads in half, like the will begin to do shortly.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I like the board. I think it should be used to enhance the experience, not to dominate the experience. There was a time-out where 3 straight commercials were aired, and I think it sorta killed the vibe. It's about BASKETBALL, imo. They provide the energy and the board/band should be used to amplify it. If the operator is not sensitive to what is happening in the game itself, the board becomes a distraction.

Lots of down time during halftime when these commercials could have been aired -- LOUD and Clear.

Regal Blues/Band didn't get the memo . . . the early commercials took up all but 5 seconds of the timeouts so the gals were just standing out there with their pompons on their hips. I imagine the timing and coordination will improve. The difference in a NBA arena atmosphere and the TAC is the presence of a Hoop Troop band.

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

The tunnel covers were great!

I really enjoy the addition of the video board. There are a few things that need to get better, but overall it is a great addition. The execution of what is displayed on the video board needs a little work, but that will just take practice. I did notice at least once when we were shooting free throws and the board was saying to make noise. I hope that we begin to synchronize what the band is doing with what the board is doing, but let the band be the driver.

It may just be where I sit, but it seems like the board is a little too low. I do sit on the top row of the lower section though. It is probably fine, just me being picky.

I agree that the location of the cheerleaders and RB's blocks line of sight to the floor level boards most of the time.

It seemed to me that the ads seemed to be fewer and farther between towards the end of the game. If there is a certain number of ads we have to show/read during the game, I would rather have the majority of them on the front end than at the end of the half/game. I don't know if there were more ads toward the beginning or not, but it seemed that way to me.

Oh, and not related to the PMV, but the Sumo Slam was one of the best iterations yet. I liked the new version of the musical chairs too.

Overall, I like where we are headed!

Varsity Bulldog DAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Can the boards be raised on the wall above the RB??

Varsity Bulldog TDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the rough TDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAIQUIRIDAWG View Post
    Not without blocking my view of the floor. I sit on the first row right behind one of the lightboards. The lightboards could be raised to the level of the previous light-brites, but the cheerleaders or regal blues would still block most of what is on the boards.
    TDAWG

Quote Originally Posted by DAIQUIRIDAWG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
    Not without blocking my view of the floor. I sit on the first row right behind one of the lightboards. The lightboards could be raised to the level of the previous light-brites, but the cheerleaders or regal blues would still block most of what is on the boards.
    Additionally, TM told me last night, after I asked about another very related issue regarding my and TDAWG's seats, that there are signs intended for those two locations.

+ Reply to Thread