+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Again No Mike Green -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Once Again No Mike Green -

In the 2013 Hall of Fame Class for Tech Athletics...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Once Again No Mike Green -

Well. . . . you had the AD to Homersville for lunch yesterday.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

And still no Troy Edwards.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

It's unfortunate, but the hof is turning into joke. Whoever is in charge at THE TECH is ******* the bed on this.

I will add this to my current list of grievences (in no particular order):

1. Dysfunctional LATech Sports Properties / Learfield Sports / Ellenburglar
    2. Mascot situation
    3. El Ay Tech branding
    4. Pepsi
    5. Holtz
    6. Hall of Fame snubs
    7. THE TECH/TV commercial
    8. Lady Techsters
    9. General marketing and promotion
    10. Letting Petey Perot go

I do think Tech deserves credit where credit is due:

1. Paul Millsap Vision
    2. Improved concession areas at JAS
    3. Mike White and the MBB program

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Well. . . . you had the AD to Homersville for lunch yesterday.
    I was assured by others in the Athletic Department that it was a NO BRAINER this time...

I will never make that mistake again

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    It's unfortunate, but the hof is turning into joke. Whoever is in charge at THE TECH is ******* the bed on this.

I will add this to my current list of grievences (in no particular order):

1. Dysfunctional LATech Sports Properties / Learfield Sports / Ellenburglar
    2. Mascot situation
    3. El Ay Tech branding
    4. Pepsi
    5. Holtz
    6. Hall of Fame snubs
    7. THE TECH/TV commercial
    8. Lady Techsters
    9. General marketing and promotion
    10. Letting Petey Perot go

I do think Tech deserves credit where credit is due:

1. Paul Millsap Vision
    2. Improved concession areas at JAS
    3. Mike White and the MBB program
    PEPSI is #4 on your list??? As Jerry Seinfeld says, you just need to relax.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Pepsi >>> Coke. Basically indicts your entire list.

By O.K. Davis
    buddy@rustonleader.com

Mike Green lost what he called a “father-like figure” late last week.
    On Thursday morning, former Louisiana Tech University head men’s basketball coach Scotty Robertson passed away at the age of 81.
    Green was the best player during a golden era of the Bulldogs’ program in the early 1970s, during a time in which Robertson directed the team to a No. 1 national ranking among college divisions programs and to three Gulf States Conference championships.
    “And Coach Robertson was the man who made us go,” said Green during a telephone interview with the Daily Leader from his home in Denver, Colo., Monday afternoon. “He was a good guy, a great coach. He’s probably the best friend I ever had. I hated to hear about him passing. It’s a great loss.”
    Green wanted badly to be at Robertson’s visitation or funeral services this weekend, but remains confined to a wheelchair since suffering an accident while selling cars in Denver just over a decade ago.
    “But I’m fine,” Green assured his listener. “I don’t have high blood pressure, I’m not diabetic and I can still take care of myself. I’ve got a transfer pole that allows me to get in bed or the shower. I do 20 squats every day to keep loose. I’m doing all right. Just Be sure to tell Coach Robertson’s wife and his daughters and family that we’re sorry for their loss.
    “Those were some great time back then at a time when a lot of changes were going on socially in the world that maybe some people had trouble accepting,” Green said. “But I tell you, Coach Robertson was a cool guy. A good guy, too, who was a friend to a lot of people.”
    Until Robertson sent then assistant coach Glenn Graff to Mississippi to check out Green as a high school phenom out of McComb, it might have been Florida State instead of Tech gaining his talents.
    “Roland Garrett, another Mississippi high school star at the time., kept telling me to come to Florida State with him,” Green said. “I told him, ‘Heck no, there are too many hurricanes down in Florida.’ “
    Graf actually went over to Mississippi to evaluate another prep star instead of Green.
    “But he went back to Tech, told Coach Robertson about me and said I was more talented than the other guy and that they had better sign me.”
    Tech did and the rest is history.
    Green, who turned 60 earlier this month, was a first-team All-American three years, named as the Associated Press national Player of the Year and finished as the Bulldogs’ all-time leading scorer (2,340 points and rebounder (1,575).
    “Back then, if some fan yelled out the ‘N’ word, it just motivated me to score 40 on the other team,” Green said. “It didn’t bother me what I was called, I was going to play the best I could and put it all out on the court.”
    He still holds the Bulldogs’ single-game high of 47 points and notched 39 or more seven times.
    In 1995, Green was inducted into the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame. He is also a member of the Louisiana Association of Basketball Coaches Hall of Fame.
    Despite his vast load of achievements and records, Green has not been honored by Tech’s Hall of Fame.
    “I did my part,” he said. “I’m still waiting. It would be a great honor to be in it.”

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Randy Whites daughter is in my wife class this year here in Frisco and we were just talking about the top 5 in Bulldog history, this Wednesday in her class. This is just plain stupid, that Mike isn't in again.

A very select group of close minded little individuals who still dwell in the 1970's...

Bulldog tclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the roughtclark is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Pepsi >>> Coke. Basically indicts your entire list.
    Until Coke starts bottling Mountain Dew I agree!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Does the AD have any type of veto or overriding vote? Is the athletic council the group who votes for this or is there another "board" for this?

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    PEPSI is #4 on your list??? As Jerry Seinfeld says, you just need to relax.
    You missed the no particular order part eh

You and Guisslapp must be Yankees!

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    You missed the no particular order part eh

You and Guisslapp must be Yankees!
    Haha yea I did miss that. And you're the Canadian. I like coke better too, I just don't care as much as some of y'all. I've always wondered how much coke/Pepsi y'all are drinking during the games for it to matter that much?

+ Reply to Thread