+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Once Again No Mike Green -

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Once Again No Mike Green -

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I tell you what...our biggest problem isn't out HOF voters or our bad football. It is clearly the fact that HoDo (who's basketball knowledge and passion is second to none) and Skilldawg think that Magnum Rolle had a superior skill set to Mike Green.
    And the fact that either of them thinks Rolle was a better "athlete" than Mike Green is truly remarkable. Make no mistake, Mike Green was a MAN, and a hell of an athlete to boot.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Guess sarcasm isn't compatible with the mobile platform.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

GLM47, I thought you are/were an accountant - a numbers guy, not a semantics guy. There's nothing NEW about basketball skills to discuss here, so I would suggest that you just move on along and stick to the current issue of the continuing snub of Mike Green. That snub is the travesty.

Mike Green was far and away the best player of his era, and, according to some, the best ever. My opinion is he has been the most valuable player that Tech has ever had. He should already be in Tech's HOF. For the record, I will state that Magnum is not in my Top 10 when it comes to Tech's MVP and Magnum should not be considered for the Tech HOF.

You have made it known several times that you disagree with my opinion about the skills of Magnum Rolle. Don't think that Magnum's failure to make the NBA will change my opinion. My opinion about his skills and Kerry Rupp's failure to use them is unchanged, and is clearly stated in several posts on the thread you keep digging up, so I will not restate it. If you wish to continue the discussion of skills, it will not be with me. For that discussion, please refer to the thread from several years ago.

HogDawg, please refer to the previous thread for the discussion of my opinion of each. You don't need to answer this for me, but how many games did you see each of them play?

Let me repeat myself - it is a travesty that Mike Green is not in the Tech HOF. That should be the focus and not my unchanged opinion about Magnum Rolle.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Mike Green is the most amazing BB player TECH has or will probably ever have on the court. Dominant does not begin to describe how he played. He owned Robert Parish of Cetenary (later Boston Celtics great). Blocked shots were not a stat in those days and he would have owned that all time stat for TECH even though he just picked the ball out of the air on many occasions rather than block the shot. That doesn't even begin to take into account how many shots were altered due to his incredible shot blocking ability. Dunks weren't allowed back then. Mike simply held the ball with both hands at chest level and dropped the ball in the basket. All this is not urban legend, I saw it first hand. This kind of talent is a one time thing for TECH and for the HOF to ignore it is a pure injustice.

The HOF is irrelevant until Mike is a member.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I tell you what...our biggest problem isn't out HOF voters or our bad football. It is clearly the fact that HoDo (who's basketball knowledge and passion is second to none) and Skilldawg think that Magnum Rolle had a superior skill set to Mike Green.
    MBB is definitely my favorite college sport and has been for 47 years, but surelyt there has to be at least 1 other fan more passionate. However, I realize that there is still a lot to learn about the game so I'm pretty certain my knowledge is not as great as several others.

What irritates me is that, on a thread about the continuing snub of Mike Green, GLM47referenced an old thread because he disagrees with my opinion about Magnum Rolle. I hope he is not trying to distract people from what should be the focus.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post

HogDawg, please refer to the previous thread for the discussion of my opinion of each. You don't need to answer this for me, but how many games did you see each of them play?

Let me repeat myself - it is a travesty that Mike Green is not in the Tech HOF. That should be the focus and not my unchanged opinion about Magnum Rolle.
    No need to get defensive. For the record, I actually did see Mike Green play a couple of times when I was young. And I saw Magnum Rolle play on TV a few times, and at a couple of road games in Texas. But, I was never impressed with Rolle. I always thought Rolle underachieved.

So, in summary, just as you have an "opinion", so do the rest of us. :icon_wink: And in MY OPINION, I think it's absurd for you to suggest that Rolle is/was a better "athlete" than Mike Green. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Apparently your reading comprehension skills match your knowledge of basketball. Post 39 says nothing about being a better athlete, it says a better skill set. You agreed with that assertion in Post 49.
    Not sure what your problem is.

You sound like a democrat. Spinning one post in a thread from years ago. You are not worth my time to go back through a myriad of other posts made by me on other threads, so let me summarize and clarify for you this one time.

To assist you in your COMPREHENSION skills, his "skill set", in my opinion, was ALL based upon his athleticism. His ability to shot block from the weak side, ability to fill a wing and run the court at seven feet tall and most importantly his ability to defend the point (that is the generally the smallest and quickest guy on the court) at the head of the key (that is far away from the basket, not usually where the tallest guy plays) were all based upon his athleticism. I stand by my personal opinion that Magnum Rolle was the most freakish basketball athlete that I have seen at TECH.

However, athleticism does not necessarily equal basketball ability and I never said that Magnum Rolle was a better basketball player than Mike Green

CLEAR ENOUGH? Can you read and comprehend that?
    Last edited by skilldawg; 10-15-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post

You sound like a woman. Spinning one post in a thread from years ago.
    fixed

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Made my point - moved it to the basketball forum
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Perhaps we should start a new thread and ask that anyone who can give us a VALID reason why Mike Green should NOT be in the Tech Hall of Fame post it here. I doubt that would be a very long thread (if people could somehow stay on topic).
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Perhaps we should start a new thread and ask that anyone who can give us a VALID reason why Mike Green should NOT be in the Tech Hall of Fame post it here. I doubt that would be a very long thread (if people could somehow stay on topic).
    Or they would start naming other players who deserve to be in. The Mike Green crusade needs to be about Mike Green, not Troy Edwards or any other player who is currently getting snubbed.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post

You sound like a democrat. Spinning one post in a thread from years ago. You are not worth my time to go back through a myriad of other posts made by me on other threads, so let me summarize and clarify for you this one time.

To assist you in your COMPREHENSION skills, his "skill set", in my opinion, was ALL based upon his athleticism. His ability to shot block from the weak side, ability to fill a wing and run the court at seven feet tall and most importantly his ability to defend the point (that is the generally the smallest and quickest guy on the court) at the head of the key (that is far away from the basket, not usually where the tallest guy plays) were all based upon his athleticism. I stand by my personal opinion that Magnum Rolle was the most freakish basketball athlete that I have seen at TECH.

However, athleticism does not necessarily equal basketball ability and I never said that Magnum Rolle was a better basketball player than Mike Green

CLEAR ENOUGH? Can you read and comprehend that?
    LOL.......yea, I'm a democrat, and Obama is a tea party republican. I think we can all agree that the snub of Mike Green is embarrassing for LA Tech.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.......yea, I'm a democrat, and Obama is a tea party republican. I think we can all agree that the snub of Mike Green is embarrassing for LA Tech.
    I can remember having to get to Memorial early to get a seat to watch those Tech teams play, and one of best parts of that was getting to watch the dunking exhibition before the officials jurisdiction stated during pregame warmup.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 10-17-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

... well, Champ really went for the jugular.

+ Reply to Thread