+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: 10/26 FIU game thread

Varsity Bulldog EngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her game EngDawg's Avatar

Re: 10/26 FIU game thread

I don't have stats, but it appears that the reason Holtz has not thrown the ball downfield is because of the high percentage of INT that Higgins is getting off of his downfield passes. I heard an NFL analysis talking about QBs state that "accuracy is something that a QB either has or doesn't. It is not something you can teach a QB. What a QB does learn is timing with receivers and placement of the ball."

What I am seeing is a QB is just puts the ball up every time he throws it down field and isn't trying to place the ball. Whether that is because of a bad offensive line or because he is inaccurate is still TBD.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I'm just talking about passes through the air, not YAC yards. I think all of those longs involved a lot of YAC yards. We have to be able to stretch the field with some deep passes to give Dixon some room to run and to give our receivers more room at the LOS. I honestly don't think any Tech QB has completed a pass for more than 20 yards through the air this year. Neither Higgins nor Young have really made any plays this year (no deep passes and nothing with their feet). I just haven't seen any flashes from Higgins to make me think his ceiling is much higher than what we have seen so far. I think DJ Banks has completed the longest pass through the air for us this season.
    Higgins threw a couple of good balls over 20 yards to Guillot in the army game including a TD. I think he has potential.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

I've seen him do it. Theres more to it than that.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    I've seen him do it. Theres more to it than that.
    You can't take 2/3 of the field away from a young qb and expect him to be successful - limit the playbook yes, but not the field - there is a difference
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Ugly box score from the game -

333 yards total offense

Team Statistics (Final)
    Louisiana Tech Football 2013
    Louisiana Tech vs FIU (Oct 26, 2013 at Miami, Fla.)

Team Totals LATECH FIU
    FIRST DOWNS 23 12
    Rushing 12 7
    Passing 8 5
    Penalty 3 0
    NET YARDS RUSHING 141 69
    Rushing Attempts 47 38
    Average Per Rush 3.0 1.8
    Rushing Touchdowns 0 0
    Yards Gained Rushing 187 113
    Yards Lost Rushing 46 44
    NET YARDS PASSING 192 128
    Completions-Attempts-Int 20-32-3 11-26-2
    Average Per Attempt 6.0 4.9
    Average Per Completion 9.6 11.6
    Passing Touchdowns 1 1
    TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 333 197
    Total offense plays 79 64
    Average Gain Per Play 4.2 3.1
    Fumbles: Number-Lost 3-0 4-1
    Penalties: Number-Yards 5-55 6-60
    PUNTS-YARDS 4-140 7-249
    Average Yards Per Punt 35.0 35.6
    Net Yards Per Punt 35.0 35.4
    Inside 20 2 0
    50+ Yards 0 0
    Touchbacks 0 0
    Fair catch 1 3
    KICKOFFS-YARDS 7-437 2-125
    Average Yards Per Kickoff 62.4 62.5
    Net Yards Per Kickoff 44.9 54.5
    Touchbacks 2 0
    Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD 1-1-0 0-0-0
    Average Per Return 1.0 0.0
    Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 1-16-0 5-73-0
    Average Per Return 16.0 14.6
    Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD 2-0-0 3-5-0
    Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 0-0-0
    Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
    Possession Time 32:38 27:22
    1st Quarter 7:02 7:58
    2nd Quarter 8:40 6:20
    3rd Quarter 8:48 6:12
    4th Quarter 8:08 6:52
    Third-Down Conversions 3 of 15 5 of 16
    Fourth-Down Conversions 1 of 2 0 of 2
    Red-Zone Scores-Chances 5-5 0-0
    Touchdowns 0-5 0-0
    Field goals 5-5 0-0
    Sacks By: Number-Yards 5-26 2-15
    PAT Kicks 0-0 1-1
    Field Goals 5-5 0-0
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

I don't know if it says more about us or FIU that we won this game having 4 turnovers and a 20% 3rd down conversion rate. That stat sheet just screams bad, BAD football.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    I don't know if it says more about us or FIU that we won this game having 4 turnovers and a 20% 3rd down conversion rate. That stat sheet just screams bad, BAD football.
    No we knew how bad FIU was. USM is worse and a sure win. Only 18 days till Rice stomps the crap out of us.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    No we knew how bad FIU was. USM is worse and a sure win. Only 18 days till Rice stomps the crap out of us.
    When did you become the optimist?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    When did you become the optimist?
    I called FIU a sure win too. We were favored. That's BIG when we are favored. I figure we'll be close to 14 over USM.

We will be a sizeable underdawg in the other 3.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

I don't care if we beat USM by one point. I just want to win that game!!!!! Hopefully, we won't have to stand in the rain this time.

Varsity Bulldog 1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough1962DAWG is a jewel in the rough

W against USM and we have a 2-game win streak...yep clutching at straws as I think that may be the highlight of the season when we all painfully look back on it in late November

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1962DAWG View Post
    W against USM and we have a 2-game win streak...yep clutching at straws as I think that may be the highlight of the season when we all painfully look back on it in late November
    Sure would be nice to have a 5 game win streak!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Sure would be nice to have a 5 game win streak!
    Dreaming is always fun, in this case it would be biblical.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Dreaming is always fun, in this case it would be biblical.
    Hmmmmmmmm...good idea...maybe we should all get out our Bibles. We are going to need all the help we can get.

+ Reply to Thread