+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: News-Star: 'ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false i

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Re: News-Star: 'ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates fal

Who would enforce this? The BOR? The Leg? I don't see where any of those entities have ever given a hoot. ULL is going to keep doing it until they are told not to by someone in authority. Outside of that, if this is that big a deal to Monroe, they need to muddy the water. Drop the M from their name, write "Louisiana" in their end zone and jerseys and insist that all media outlets refer to them as UL. I think that could force an interesting discussion.

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Re: News-Star: 'ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates fal

The thing that is puzzling to me is that ULL has never made this plan a secret from the very beginning. Why is this so surprising? When ULM signed the deal, the Cajuns had been making public statements on how they would take full advantage of the name change and had a plan to drop the "Lafayette" from the start. They had already tried to become the University of Louisiana, and thought they had, but LSU legislators got invovled and stopped it. However, USL never changed its mind or plan and simply took what the defense gave them and ran an "end around" play.

I agree with AustinDawg. Instead of complaining to no one listening, Monroe should just do the same thing. That could get entertaining.

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

An easy way to stop them from trying to pull stunt is to charge any employee of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette that approves spending of state money on items that does not meet the naming guidelines with the misappropriation of state funds since it violates state law.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

This is the ULS President's job but she says everything is fine; i.e. You are going to have to force me to do something about it. Like most politics, it is a test of wills.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I think we should tread lightly here. ULM is the one that needs to bring this fight.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I think we should tread lightly here. ULM is the one that needs to bring this fight.
    I agree. Everyone is going to look bad on this thing, and that's fine as long as we aren't involved.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDog View Post

I agree with AustinDawg. Instead of complaining to no one listening, Monroe should just do the same thing. That could get entertaining.
    That would be fun, and maybe the only reason I would watch a Sunbelt game:

"Tonight on ESPNU, Louisiana vs. Louisiana"

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Don't forget the academic side. They've been deleting the "at Lafayette" all over campus.

Also can't help but shake my head with their implication that sports is totally separate from the university so can do what it wants.
    Johnson-St Mary.JPG

This has aggrivated me for the past 8+ years when I first noticed it, look on the either side of the road, I'm sure they'll say the Lafayette being removed was vandalism...

Regardless you can see where it was and it was the same size as the OF in the remaining signage...

ULL Entrance.JPG

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Yep. Dead on.G

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03 View Post
    bullshit.png

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

There is a potential problem for Tech. Tech is a member of the University of Louisiana Sysgtem. If ULL is "The University of Louisiana" then that implies that Tech is subversient to them (I know most people don't really know this). I believe Tech should counter with the motto "Louisiana Tech - THE University of Louisiana". We have just as much right to use the name as ULL or ULM.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    There is a potential problem for Tech. Tech is a member of the University of Louisiana Sysgtem. If ULL is "The University of Louisiana" then that implies that Tech is subversient to them (I know most people don't really know this). I believe Tech should counter with the motto "Louisiana Tech - THE University of Louisiana". We have just as much right to use the name as ULL or ULM.
    You haven't see that stupid commercial where we are "The TECH"? I guess we could be The University of Louisiana too, but I sure don't want to share ANYTHING with ULL.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Yes, but I don't think it is a good use of political capital and we don't need to make enemies with ULL or those within ULS.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Yes, but I don't think it is a good use of political capital and we don't need to make enemies with ULL or those within ULS.
    I haven't seen a single Tech Admin chime in on this so we aren't using any political capital, only Tech fans/alums at this point. ULM on the other hand has Bruno and their Coach crying foul (as they should)... ULL is going to learn the Story of Icarus, the hard way if it comes to down to it...

+ Reply to Thread