+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: News-Star: 'ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates false i

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: News-Star: 'ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates fal

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I haven't seen a single Tech Admin chime in on this so we aren't using any political capital, only Tech fans/alums at this point. ULM on the other hand has Bruno and their Coach crying foul (as they should)... ULL is going to learn the Story of Icarus, the hard way if it comes to down to it...
    Bruno didn't seem to be crying foul. He was very PC in his comments.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: News-Star: 'ULL branding practice of losing 'Lafayette' violates law, creates fal

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Bruno didn't seem to be crying foul. He was very PC in his comments.
    "It actually offensive to our fans" - Bruno

and this kinda seems like a shot across the bow...

“We know what the legislation says. The Lafayette administration knows what the legislation says, and I believe in good faith that the administration is doing their best to comply with it.”

If I tell somebody that I know the rules and they know the rules and I'm going to believe that you're trying to follow them, it comes with the unspoken promise that if I find out you aren't it's gonna be on like Donkey Kong...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    "It actually offensive to our fans" - Bruno

and this kinda seems like a shot across the bow...

“We know what the legislation says. The Lafayette administration knows what the legislation says, and I believe in good faith that the administration is doing their best to comply with it.”

If I tell somebody that I know the rules and they know the rules and I'm going to believe that you're trying to follow them, it comes with the unspoken promise that if I find out you aren't it's gonna be on like Donkey Kong...
    He follows up with (paraphrased) comments that he is more worried about ULM building their own identity than what others are doing, blah, blah, blah...

Adding that part was like taking back what he had said earlier. It was a typically weak stance by him IMO.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He follows up with (paraphrased) comments that he is more worried about ULM building their own identity than what others are doing, blah, blah, blah...

Adding that part was like taking back what he had said earlier. It was a typically weak stance by him IMO.
    To me that was more of, they're ridiculous/immature for even trying this crap

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

But see, ULM complaining is part of the fun of this.

ULL looks silly (for comparing themselves to UT and Cal and for getting smacked down by the state/LSU)
    ULM looks foolish for agreeing to the transparent "let's both be ULX" thing to begin with and now for not standing up for themselves (I agree that they ought to start doing the same thing - that would end this the quickest)
    LSU looks petty for ever getting involved and feeling threatened enough to push the original law through

That is the trifecta my friends. Nothing wrong with those three schools mixing it up while we go about our business.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Another article from The Lafayette Advertiser: http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...ing-Lafayette-

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I have received a reply from the ULS President, after two emails. Anybody have some on-campus examples of signage minus the Lafayette?

Dr. Woodley:

Thank you for your reply.I believe I've been on the Lafayette campus and noticed signage minus the "at Lafayette".
    I'll get pictures next time.

Tom Morris

-----Original Message-----
    To: teemo <teemo@aol.com>
    Sent: Wed, Oct 23, 2013 4:40 pm
    Subject: RE: The use of the Louisiana name by a univerity

Dear Mr. Morris:

Thank you for your email.

The Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System created a policy in 1998 that established guidelines for the way a university refers to itself. The policy clearly states that none of our universities should use ‘University of Louisiana’ or the abbreviation ‘UL’ without including either the name or abbreviation of their geographical location; also the policy is silent on using ‘Louisiana’ as a stand-alone reference. We continue to support this policy, but it has no enforcement effect on how external parties refer to the university.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sandra K. Woodley
    President

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:28 PM
    To: ULS President
    Subject: The use of the Louisiana name by a univerity

Again, Dr. Woodley, I object to the use of the name of "Louisiana" by any member school of the University of Louisiana System.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...nclick_check=1

Since you did not reply to my last communication with you, I'll assume this issue is off the table for discussion.

Sincerely,

tm
    318.237-cell
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Dear Mr. Woodard:

The Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana Systemcreated a policy in 1998 that established guidelines for the way a universityrefers to itself. The policy clearly states that none of our universitiesshould use ‘University of Louisiana’ or the abbreviation ‘UL’ without includingeither the name or abbreviation of their geographical location; also the policyis silent on using ‘Louisiana’ as a stand-alone reference. We continue tosupport this policy, but it has no enforcement effect on how external partiesrefer to the university.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sandra K. Woodley
    President
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I have received a reply from the ULS President, after two emails. Anybody have some on-campus examples of signage minus the Lafayette?

Dr. Woodley:

Thank you for your reply.I believe I've been on the Lafayette campus and noticed signage minus the "at Lafayette".
    I'll get pictures next time.

Tom Morris

-----Original Message-----
    To: teemo <teemo@aol.com>
    Sent: Wed, Oct 23, 2013 4:40 pm
    Subject: RE: The use of the Louisiana name by a univerity

Dear Mr. Morris:

The Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System created a policy in 1998 that established guidelines for the way a university refers to itself. The policy clearly states that none of our universities should use ‘University of Louisiana’ or the abbreviation ‘UL’ without including either the name or abbreviation of their geographical location; also the policy is silent on using ‘Louisiana’ as a stand-alone reference. We continue to support this policy, but it has no enforcement effect on how external parties refer to the university.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sandra K. Woodley
    President

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:28 PM
    To: ULS President
    Subject: The use of the Louisiana name by a univerity

Again, Dr. Woodley, I object to the use of the name of "Louisiana" by any member school of the University of Louisiana System.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...nclick_check=1

Since you did not reply to my last communication with you, I'll assume this issue is off the table for discussion.

Sincerely,

tm
    318.237-cell
    I got the same canned response. I wrote back that "I would expect that answer from a Louisiana politician, but not from an educator. I can see which one you are."

I should have expected as much from her or anyone in BR. Even as proud as I have always been to be from Louisiana - makes me glad to live in Texas!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Well . . . the ULS board did just meet today.
    She had to get marching orders before replying to such volatile emails. ;-)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

My reply -

Dr. Woodley –

As a Parish Administrator, I fullyunderstand an issue of “silence” in regard to a certain policy, procedure or anadopted ordinance that has been adopted.

A simple amendment by the ULS Board statingthat since the school is in violation of the original intent of the policyshould be enough to deter future actions. I’m confident that the ULS System haslegal counsel that could adequately draft an amendment to end the non-sense ofthis not-so-veiled attempt of self-flagship appointment by the group inLafayette.

Regards –

Dwayne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dwayne R. Woodard
    Secretary-Treasurer
    Claiborne Parish Police Jury
    P.O. Box 270
    507 West Main Street
    Homer, LA 71040
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I will ride around the campus this evening and see what is out there. I attended a womens volleyball game week before last. A fraternity brother is married to the coach. Any way, there is a great big "UL" plastered at center court of earl k long gym. No lafayette or "L". Louisiana- laffy is along the side line.

Big Dog Longdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to all

Could call it the "Branch Bowl!"

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I will ride around the campus this evening and see what is out there. I attended a womens volleyball game week before last. A fraternity brother is married to the coach. Any way, there is a great big "UL" plastered at center court of earl k long gym. No lafayette or "L". Louisiana- laffy is along the side line.
    Look at their endzone in the stadium and their uniforms as well as the entrance to the school. Woodley is full of bull. Shes seen their field on tv, their uniforms and the entrance to their school, baseball stadium, the SID's push at every media event........
    Last edited by JAMROB; 10-24-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

"UL," "University of Louisiana," and "Louisiana's" are all three found throughout their athletics facilities website pages.

+ Reply to Thread