Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Press Conference next Monday

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: Press Conference next Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    I'll be another to express some negative thoughts. I'm not excited or wowed by this. Is it better than what we have? Definitely, but that's not saying much.

-why not bowl in the end zone? I'm tired of a split stadium. What big program has a split stadium? Want to have a big time feel? Bowl it in.

-going off first, it looks like they plopped one of the new enterprise campus buildings right up to the stadium. It doesn't match campus and it limits us from expanding our stadium capacity wise (when needed in future). And if we wanted to brick up the sides of the stadium, what style will we go with? The end zone facility? I hope not, it doesn't match campus.

- is Spirit of 88 really going to be hidden in the corner? Why couldn't we have a tunnel in the middle?

It is better than what we have. Soccer and softball locker rooms aren't located in it. It increases the size of the weight room and other football needs. So it should help with recruiting. Which is a huge plus. but for how long? It will look outdated after 15 years since it's not a classical look, and it doesn't really help long term plans with the stadium. It's just a building that doesn't match campus plopped up right next to the stadium so it will limit expansion through bowling in the stadium.

I give it a C grade.
    My thoughts...

- we aren't a "big program"
    - I assume '88 is located where the players exit the building...which is important
    - when we are paying for a "C," should we expect an A or B?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    Got to remember the pressbox addition will surely add luxury boxes.

IF the need to add seating were ever present, adding a second level could be possible. I'd like to think that we'd eventually get to 45k many years down the road.
    Adding luxury boxes with a new press box wouldn't even get us back to 30,600.

I don't think a second deck would be a good idea for our stadium. Why plan for an expensive nosebleed project when the stadium was originally designed for easily adding first level south end zone seating on the hill?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

With no disrespect to the effort that went into this design, I'm having a hard time getting excited about it.

Does anyone else feel like this concept was developed with very little input from the average fan?

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    My thoughts...

- we aren't a "big program"
    - I assume '88 is located where the players exit the building...which is important
    - when we are paying for a "C," should we expect an A or B?
    We aren't, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have goals to be one. With this we are giving up on having a big time feel.

Spirit of 88 is a minor detail, but just something to point out I'm displeased with, I can live with it though.

And I would expect our administration to come up with with enough money to pay for something better than C grade.

I'm happy we got this ball rolling, I just think in 15 years, it will be a mistake.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

With those 320 chairbacks in front of the new building, it will give a little more bowled in feeling. This building will give a whole new feeling to the Joe, and will eliminate the split feeling quite a bit. I would like to see a full stadium "ONE TIME" before I am going to worry about how much seating we have. There will be options for more seating if needed.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    With no disrespect to the effort that went into this design, I'm having a hard time getting excited about it.

Does anyone else feel like this concept was developed with very little input from the average fan?
    Sorry, they briefly considered a design that looked like the old dorms, but it was vetoed.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

It's all about the football recruits all you selfish people. :icon_wink:

Oh, and the southern wings, move them to the north endzone and join them side-by-side to put 3,000 there up against Dawgzilla. There's your bowl.

PS--It's a functional layout and I like it. The design allows for lots of room for renovation in the old coaches offices, old weightroom and old locker room. I'd keep visitors locker room as is.

Now, about '88. It was moved by Sonny. I'm sure the football coach can come up with the perfect place for '88.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Adding luxury boxes with a new press box wouldn't even get us back to 30,600.

I don't think a second deck would be a good idea for our stadium. Why plan for an expensive nosebleed project when the stadium was originally designed for easily adding first level south end zone seating on the hill?

I believe once this project is done, renovating the press box and the old box seating will be the next major project.

After that, if attendance has improved enough in 5 or 6 years or however long it takes, why not expand the east side? I believe when they built Joe Aillet, they left room to build a 2nd deck on the east side.

Is it not better to have 8-10K extra seats up high between the 20s, then to have end zone or corner seating?

East Carolina:

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    I believe once this project is done, renovating the press box and the old box seating will be the next major project.

After that, if attendance has improved enough in 5 or 6 years or however long it takes, why not expand the east side? I believe when they built Joe Aillet, they left room to build a 2nd deck on the east side.

Is it not better to have 8-10K extra seats up high between the 20s, then to have end zone or corner seating?

East Carolina:
    That's an old pic. Here is ECU's renovated stadium with end zone seating.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a sweet looking stadium...I don't care who you are!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

I was just trying to depict the 2nd deck they added. I believe this is it from the outside. Thats something Tech should consider if we start averaging 25k every year in a 27k stadium and sell it out on numerous occasions.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I'd like to see the pressbox renovation/luxury boxes be one smooth level from, the G to G, 10 to 10, whatever, but one level. This way, when the sun sets we won't have horrible jagged sunset shadow across the field at 3 and 6 pm kickoffs. One smooth shadow would be better TV-wise.

Here's a tidbit of Tommy McClelland today at the presser.

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It reminds me of the Okie State field house that was built adjacent to Gallagher-Iba and was the first phase in the T-Boobe Pickens project...

I like it better than the original design -

I also like the fact we are getting rid of the wings - I'm not worried about getting to 65k when we have had only 2 crowds of 28k plus
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdog View Post
    In the video (around the 2:15 min mark) it shows what looks like spirit of 88 inside in the front entrance, from the field.
    http://www.latechsports.com/allaccess/
    That is a great video! Well done.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Here is how I figure the time line - might be off a few months but not by much -

I will do it in reverse so its easier -

August 2015 - accept ownership and move in

July 2015 - construction complete/punch list items

June 2014 - construction commences

May 2014 - mobilization and dirt work commences

April 2014 - formal ground breaking

February/March 2014 - acceptance/awarding of bid

January 2014 - project formally advertised for bid

November/December 2013 - finalizing of construction plans and bid packet

Maybe a few months difference here and there, but that should be pretty close to accurate time line based on my knowledge of the state bid process
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Closed Thread