+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Landry Died a Giants Fan??

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Tom Landry Died a Giants Fan??

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I'm also not posting this to tease Cowboys fans.

Everyone knows how poorly Jerry Jones handled the Tom Landry situation, but this sounds much worse than I thought...and it comes from Coach Landry's wife.

Firing him is one thing. Taking away his box and banning his son from buying season tickets? Bush league. So, she says that Tom Landry cheered for the Giants for the rest of his life and she is still close to the Mara family. Can't blame either of them.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._head_14942945
    Last edited by StrayDawg; 11-01-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tom Landry Died a Giants Fan??

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I'm also not posting this to tease Cowboys fans.

Everyone knows how poorly Jerry Jones handled the Tom Landry situation, but this sounds much worse than I thought...and it comes from Coach Landry's wife.

Firing him is one thing. Taking away his box and banning his son from buying season tickets? Bush league. So, she says that Tom Landry cheered for the Giants for the rest of his life and she is still close to the Mara family. Can't blame either of them.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._head_14942945
    I'll have to go back and confirm, but it sounds like the biography and the autobiography don't agree.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tom Landry is dead? Since when?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Didn't he play for the Giants?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Didn't he play for the Giants?
    Yes, he played and coached there. He and Lombardi coached together as assistants there.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Puppy 3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light3rdGenDawg is a glorious beacon of light 3rdGenDawg's Avatar

Hank Hill is having a nervous breakdown right now. A Giants fan????????????

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Tom Landry is dead? Since when?
    Had to Google it myself. He passed in 2000. I didn't know that. Thought he was living quietly somewhere, on a Texas ranch, laughing at the losing Cowgirls. Well, I suppose he is....from on high.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Tom Landry has been gone a long time. His last season to coach was 1988...25 years ago. Having grown up a Cowboys fan, I was accustomed to my team winning, but I had no idea how good Dallas really was in the "golden years" of the late 60's to mid 80's. If I am reading this correctly, the Dallas Cowboys didn't have a losing regular season record from 1966 to 1985. TWENTY STRAIGHT YEARS of winning regular seasons. The worst record for Dallas in that span was 8-6 in 1974, and 6-3 in 1982 -- which was a strike year. Tom coached the Cowboys to 7 --- that's SEVEN --- NFL Championship games, but only won 2 of the 7.

I am not a Jerry Jones fan, I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. I disagree with Jerry's management style, but it doesn't erase what the Cowboys have accomplished, their history, or what great men like Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, and later under JJ... Troy Aikman, and Emmitt Smith ... did to show that good guys really can win.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Tom Landry has been gone a long time. His last season to coach was 1988...25 years ago. Having grown up a Cowboys fan, I was accustomed to my team winning, but I had no idea how good Dallas really was in the "golden years" of the late 60's to mid 80's. If I am reading this correctly, the Dallas Cowboys didn't have a losing regular season record from 1966 to 1985. TWENTY STRAIGHT YEARS of winning regular seasons. The worst record for Dallas in that span was 8-6 in 1974, and 6-3 in 1982 -- which was a strike year. Tom coached the Cowboys to 7 --- that's SEVEN --- NFL Championship games, but only won 2 of the 7.

I am not a Jerry Jones fan, I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. I disagree with Jerry's management style, but it doesn't erase what the Cowboys have accomplished, their history, or what great men like Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, and later under JJ... Troy Aikman, and Emmitt Smith ... did to show that good guys really can win.
    Landry, Staubauch and that bunch were definitely a bunch of crybabies. Listened to a lot of their crap every time the Steelers kicked their ass. My favorite SB play of all time is still Jack Lambert throwing Cliff Harris to the ground like a rag doll and watching Cliff walk off the field like a whipped dog.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Landry, Staubauch and that bunch were definitely a bunch of crybabies. Listened to a lot of their crap every time the Steelers kicked their ass. My favorite SB play of all time is still Jack Lambert throwing Cliff Harris to the ground like a rag doll and watching Cliff walk off the field like a whipped dog.
    You never heard Landry or Staubach whine about getting their ass kicked.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You never heard Landry or Staubach whine about getting their ass kicked.
    Complaining about the officiating counts in my book, so yea I did.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Complaining about the officiating counts in my book, so yea I did.
    Don't believe you heard that either. There were no controversial calls in those games. Landry never complained about bad calls in all the years he coached. He took responsibility for losses.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Don't believe you heard that either. There were no controversial calls in those games. Landry never complained about bad calls in all the years he coached. He took responsibility for losses.
    Interference call on Dallas against Swann in 2nd SB was very controversial call.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I remember Landry making a complaint about the Benny Barnes interference call. Heck, some of the biggest Cowboy haters I know said that was a bad call. Not as bad as the stupid fumble call that cost the Cowboys Super Bowl V, but still pretty bad.

Of course, pretty much every coach complains about terrible calls. It becomes whining when it's someone else's coach--especially if you don't like the team. The Cowboys were never any worse than anyone else (heck, there was constant whining about how the Cowboys got all the breaks)

+ Reply to Thread