+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/8 @Saint Mary's game

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/8 @Saint Mary's game

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    We will not be starting a 4 guard line-up. Anderson is not a guard and can bang with anyone. We may be in a 4 guard line-up on rare occasion, technically, but CJ and Alex are not normal guards. Both are very physical and can play against bigger players defensively and create serious mis-matches on the offensive end.

All that said, we will probably need some quality minutes out of Massey to negate their height advantage.

It will come to down to who dictates the pace of play. If it is a full court game, we probably win. If it is by and large a half-court game, they probably win.

I am hopeful that our depth and frenetic pressure pays dividends like last year, and they crumble down the stretch.
    I wonder if we will ever see Kyser and Massey on the court together this year? Last season, they felt like it had to big an effect on scoring but I've noticed vulnerability defending/rebounding against bigger line-ups. I agree in that Anderson can bang but I wouldn't consider either JJ or CJ bangers.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I think Anderson can do whatever they ask him to do, but I agree that JJ is not a banger. CJ can play very physical for a small forward or Shooting guard.

I really hope that Massey does get on the court with Kyzer. Massey did look a lot healthier the first two exhibition games. Still hopeful that it all clicks with him soon.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

How has Talbot's development gone? I really liked what I saw from him as an inexperienced freshman last season. Will his minutes grow this season or what? Anyone have any insight?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    How has Talbot's development gone? I really liked what I saw from him as an inexperienced freshman last season. Will his minutes grow this season or what? Anyone have any insight?
    I think he still has a way to go on conditioning, but I expect them to try to get him minutes where they can.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a little more than normal tonight given the size factor inside for St. Mary's.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    At the exhibition he still looked a bit clumsy. He's a big guy and so he can take up a lot of space on the court. He somehow makes points but they look like accidents and he's never prepared for passes.

I'm not trying to rag on Gibby, I like him actually, just think he has a long way to go.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    At the exhibition he still looked a bit clumsy. He's a big guy and so he can take up a lot of space on the court. He somehow makes points but they look like accidents and he's never prepared for passes.

I'm not trying to rag on Gibby, I like him actually, just think he has a long way to go.
    I agree. I was disappointed in what I say from him in the exhibitions. I really thought he would use this offseason to transform his body and really get in shape. Looks like that didn't happen.

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light

Gibby needs to sell out and really buy in to this system by working harder and better conditioning....enhance his agility to play this style. Right now I would say he is the tenth man in a nine man rotation. Not saying he can't help some but the clock is ticking. If he could change/commit like the Brazilian kid (Souza ?) did Mike's first year he could become a factor.

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light

A big key for us this year is Massey. He seems to finally be completely healthy and past the mental part of surgery recovery. If his light really comes on and we stay healthy then we could be on another level. Another big plus is the development of Hamilton's game as he has adapted to this level of competition because he is a talent.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I may have paid to see the " secret scrimmage" between Baylor and Memphis at the TAC. Apparently they put the gyms on lockdown and nobody outside of coaching staffs and players are allowed in. On this game tonight this is a great early barometer on just how far this program has come. Agree with DFM that this would be Mikes best win as coach.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Experience Gaels Live on a Month to Month basis and you'll see why many Saint Mary's Fans all over the world are hooked. You will be billed $7.95 plus applicable taxes each month until you go to the manage packages menu option and cancel your subscription.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

just ready for some BBall folks and it's finally here! Go Dawgs!

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Experience Gaels Live on a Month to Month basis and you'll see why many Saint Mary's Fans all over the world are hooked. You will be billed $7.95 plus applicable taxes each month until you go to the manage packages menu option and cancel your subscription.
    That actually happened to me with the Nevada football game back in 2011. 6 months went by and I was unknowingly a wolf pack sponsor.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

FYI for anyone thinking of ordering the game. I'm watching the St. Mary's women game now and it's not a bad feed. It can be a little fuzzy at times but they do zoom in for different angles. I've seen a lot worst feeds.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

This is a guarantee game (at a gym with a capacity of 3,500) without a return game to Ruston... Wow. Let's steal some money from Saint Mary's tonight! Go Dawgs!

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LeggoDawgs View Post
    That actually happened to me with the Nevada football game back in 2011. 6 months went by and I was unknowingly a wolf pack sponsor.
    My friend sponsored San Jose State for like 2 years after that 2008 shutout we pitched. Worth every dime.

+ Reply to Thread