+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There's Always Next Year, Cubs fans

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

There's Always Next Year, Cubs fans

I feel much better about this hire than I did about Dale Sveum.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-1107-cubs-chicago-20131107,0,6195972.story

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Re: There's Always Next Year, Cubs fans

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I feel much better about this hire than I did about Dale Sveum.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,6195972.story
    Never fear Stray, I really think this is going to be the Cubs century.

TB

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Good old Memorial Gym

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's start with winning more than we lose. I will take that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Cubs?

God love 'em and their loyal fans.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I bought a new Cubs golf bag in preparation of an outstanding year
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I bought a new Cubs golf bag in preparation of an outstanding year
    Hope you're better at golf than the Cubs are at baseball.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I expect the Cubs will become a contender within 2 or 3 years. Theo Epstein has rebuilt their minor league system and they are loaded with talent. Unlike some other rebuilding teams who are restocking their minor leagues, the Cubs are also flush with cash to retain their talent. Teams like the small market KC Royals have a great minor league system, but probably won't have enough cash available to retain the talent they have developed.

Like the Cubs, the Astros have apparently decided to try to rebuild through restocking the minor leagues. They certainly aren't spending money on the free agent market. They have had prime draft position for several years in a row. Hopefully, the Astros futility will pay dividends by having draft choices develop into major league players.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I expect the Cubs will become a contender within 2 or 3 years. Theo Epstein has rebuilt their minor league system and they are loaded with talent. Unlike some other rebuilding teams who are restocking their minor leagues, the Cubs are also flush with cash to retain their talent. Teams like the small market KC Royals have a great minor league system, but probably won't have enough cash available to retain the talent they have developed.

Like the Cubs, the Astros have apparently decided to try to rebuild through restocking the minor leagues. They certainly aren't spending money on the free agent market. They have had prime draft position for several years in a row. Hopefully, the Astros futility will pay dividends by having draft choices develop into major league players.
    This post is absolutely right, but no one is paying attention to the minors. If you look strictly at the major league output, then you see a pretty horrendous product being put on the field by the Cubs. But, if you look at the big picture, they aren't that far away. They have two or three legit stars in the majors and several guys in AA and AAA ready to make the leap. The Cubs used to have a strong farm system, but Jim Hendry let if fall apart. Theo has rebuilt it, so the future looks good. We still need a couple of big bats though.

Not sure what the Astros look like at the MiLB level, but the new owner said when he bought the team that he planned to build the farm system in the beginning. The Astros fans I talk to say that next year is the year that fans will begin to see the payoff.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Not sure what the Astros look like at the MiLB level, but the new owner said when he bought the team that he planned to build the farm system in the beginning. The Astros fans I talk to say that next year is the year that fans will begin to see the payoff.
    I certainly hope that next year is better than the last 3 for the Astros.

2013 - 51-111 (AL West)
    2012 - 55-107 (NL Central)
    2011 - 56-106 (NL Central)

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I certainly hope that next year is better than the last 3 for the Astros.

2013 - 51-111 (AL West)
    2012 - 55-107 (NL Central)
    2011 - 56-106 (NL Central)
    Come on now...... They're going to win it all next season!!! Go 'Stros!

+ Reply to Thread