+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LHSAA Football Brackets

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

LHSAA Football Brackets

I have determined there is a serious flaw somewhere in this system. I realized the flaw was there when I saw that a school I know very well, Homer, was in the 2A playoffs. Let me explain as to why this is a flaw.... Homer is 3-6 on the season. 3-6. And they are in the MIDDLE of the seeding, meaning they aren't even the team with the worst record in the 2A playoffs. That little honor belongs to a school named Delcambre, who made it into the playoffs at 2-8. WHAT IN THE HECK! What does doing well in a season even mean if a school that went 2-8 or 3-6 can make into the post season? (To clarify why I am a bit livid about this, my alma mater, Haynesville, is currently sitting at #1 seed in the 1A brackets with a 10-0 record, the first since 2000, and having walloped most of their opponents into oblivion. 10-0 in playoffs makes sense. 2-8 or 3-6 does not.)

http://lhsaa.org/sports/brackets-results/football/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: LHSAA Football Brackets

What a frickin joke.

No so-called "champion" can claim anything this year.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

I just had a thought, since there were only 25 teams in the 1A playoffs, and looked up the lowest seeded team. They made it in with a 1-9 record, without a single victory in DISTRICT......

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the lesson here is to rest all of your players from about game 7-10. Then you have the healthiest team possible for a playoff run.

Puppy greggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the rough greggrambling's Avatar

please note that there are 8 byes in the bracket...that indicates that there were not enough teams to fill out a 32 team bracket which the LHSAA mandates so everybody finishes in the dome together...EVERYBODY IN THAT CLASS MADE THE PLAYOFFS.

That even furthers the point, it made the playoffs a "everybody wins as long as they existed" award

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

So will Henderson and the LHSAA fine the schools that decided not to participate in the playoffs? They should, but I bet they don't.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So will Henderson and the LHSAA fine the schools that decided not to participate in the playoffs? They should, but I bet they don't.
    http://highschoolsports.nola.com/new...tate-playoffs/

Lusher, another District 11-3A school to pre-qualify for the Division II playoffs, opted not to participate in the postseason due to an injury-depleted roster, according to LHSAA Assistant Executive Director B.J. Guzzardo.
    In all seven schools opted not to participate in the playoffs in advance of Saturday’s 8 p.m. deadline, Guzzardo said. Mount Hermon in Class 2A and Gueydan and Tensas of Class 1A were the others.
    “They just opted out of the playoffs,’’ Guzzardo said. “They don’t need a reason. They can just opt out.’’

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Q. Dear Maralee,People not responding to my invitations frustrate me. What is the etiquette of RSVP? Should I write on the invitation ”Regrets only,” or should people call to let me know either way? The upside to all of this is that my frustration has caused me to be much more aware of responding to the invitations I receive.

A. I’m with you! People’s insensitivity and rudeness to the efforts of someone extending hospitability to them is a top etiquette irk of mine. It’s also the number one etiquette complaint that participants share with me during my seminars and consultations.
    RSVP translates loosely “Please Respond.” It means we need to let the person who invited us know if we’re attending or not.

How quickly should we respond? Within 24 hours.

Varsity Bulldog Elwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really nice

Good job LHSAA, you've turned getting into the playoffs into nothing more than a participation trophy.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elwagonne View Post
    Good job LHSAA, you've turned getting into the playoffs into nothing more than a participation trophy.
    But hey, everybody's a winner !!!

St. Fred in
    Mangham in
    Neville out

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Rams in. DONE DEAL.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Elwagonne View Post
    By LHSAA you mean the principals who voted in this stupid playoff plan for this year without reducing the number of classes first. The staff in Baton Rouge has to execute the stupidity as required by the legislation the principals approved.

Louisiana has 9 football champions (used to be 5 and that was already too many) for fewer teams than in Texas 5A alone (2 champions crowned).

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

St.Freds in the dome what a freaking joke. Had OCS not lost to Southern Lab then id give more respect to St.Freds

+ Reply to Thread