+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/13 Centenary College game

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/13 Centenary College game

Dawgs played a good game and it was a lot of fun to be there.Announced attendance was 3900+ & if you see some photos you'll see it was a good turnout. If the game had been on Tuesday or Thursday I bet we'd have been close to 5000. At times the crowd was really "in" to the game but we're still need to grow our home court advantage. Staying away from Wednesday games will help.

Having said that, I bet we bust 5k when we play USL/ULL on Wed Dec 4.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

My only complaint is with the new scoreboard on floor level. I couldn't read the stats on the board because the Regal Blues were standing in the way. Is that really a complaint? Nevermind I would rather see the Regal Blues.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Dawgs played a good game and it was a lot of fun to be there.Announced attendance was 3900+ & if you see some photos you'll see it was a good turnout. If the game had been on Tuesday or Thursday I bet we'd have been close to 5000. At times the crowd was really "in" to the game but we're still need to grow our home court advantage. Staying away from Wednesday games will help.

Having said that, I bet we bust 5k when we play USL/ULL on Wed Dec 4.
    The official attendance last night was 3,942. Last year's season opener against UALR (also a Wednesday night game) was 2,465.

The new Paul Millsap Vision at the TAC will grow the home court advantage a lot.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

How many do we now need to win in a row against Centenary to have a winning record?

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Very good student turnout even though it's finals week.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

We controlled the game and obviously blew them out based upon talent differential. But, this team is much better with Speedy. Our transition game was hindered, plus he is pivotal as the spearhead of our press. With Speedy, I'd imagine we would've gotten 5 more steals and 5 more dunks.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    How many do we now need to win in a row against Centenary to have a winning record?
    close to 30 to get to .500
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    My only complaint is with the new scoreboard on floor level. I couldn't read the stats on the board because the Regal Blues were standing in the way. Is that really a complaint? Nevermind I would rather see the Regal Blues.
    I'd rather have them there than in front of the students.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    We controlled the game and obviously blew them out based upon talent differential. But, this team is much better with Speedy. Our transition game was hindered, plus he is pivotal as the spearhead of our press. With Speedy, I'd imagine we would've gotten 5 more steals and 5 more dunks.
    I'm going to have to disagree to a point. I don't know that we're better with Speedy, and I love, love, love Speedy. He brings the defensive edge that Alex hasn't developed yet, but his lack of offensive production makes defending us much easier. I think what Alex brings to the offense over Speedy is greater than what we lose on the defensive front. Speedy can't score like Alex and other teams know it. To be honest, I'm happy either way. I don't think there'd be that big of a difference-just swapping out poisons. One thing is I don't think Raheem gets his points with Alex playing that he gets with Speedy, so that could affect his mentality as the season wears on if he's not getting his baskets. But, like I said, I'm happy either way-just think we're better overall with Alex starting.

I also thought this was a good game for Gibby to continue to develop and get confidence. We need a few more like this. I guarantee you this wasn't the same team that showed up at St. Mary's. I don't know if it was just because that we were that much better or that Centenary has declined that much or both, but we looked really good, I thought.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree to a point. I don't know that we're better with Speedy, and I love, love, love Speedy. He brings the defensive edge that Alex hasn't developed yet, but his lack of offensive production makes defending us much easier. I think what Alex brings to the offense over Speedy is greater than what we lose on the defensive front. Speedy can't score like Alex and other teams know it. To be honest, I'm happy either way. I don't think there'd be that big of a difference-just swapping out poisons. One thing is I don't think Raheem gets his points with Alex playing that he gets with Speedy, so that could affect his mentality as the season wears on if he's not getting his baskets. But, like I said, I'm happy either way-just think we're better overall with Alex starting.

I also thought this was a good game for Gibby to continue to develop and get confidence. We need a few more like this. I guarantee you this wasn't the same team that showed up at St. Mary's. I don't know if it was just because that we were that much better or that Centenary has declined that much or both, but we looked really good, I thought.
    I see what you're saying, and in some games I think it holds up. In this particular game, we could've forced more turnovers and had more buckets in transition with Speedy. Also, against St Mary's (and towards the end of last season) White started Speedy and Alex. His starting line-up has been: Speedy, Heem, Alex, Chris, and Michale.

I thought our defense was awful the first half--especially in the halfcourt. It would be cool to see White run platoon-substitution with Kenyon, CJ, JJ, Massey, along with either Speedy or Alex at the point. Gibby was WAY bigger than anybody on Centenary. I think he developed some confidence, but shoots the ball from too low and is slow to help on defense. Stojan, however, showed he might be the best interior passer on our team. He got some good minutes.

Varsity Bulldog ceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post

You're right, they didn't have their starting point guard against Centenary. I don't think people realize how good St. Mary's is. And yes, Centenary has declined that much, they're now a division III program.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceb420 View Post
    You're right, they didn't have their starting point guard against Centenary. I don't think people realize how good St. Mary's is. And yes, Centenary has declined that much, they're now a division III program.
    Oh, I know how good St. Mary's is. I was telling my wife and son who they were when they saw them on the schedule. We obviously didn't shoot as well against St. Mary's from the foul line. That alone would've made a big difference. Centenary hasn't dropped down to DIII have they or are you just being a smartass?

They're DIII. I don't think they even give athletic scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    They're DIII. I don't think they even give athletic scholarships.
    Wow. Tells you how much I've kept up. Why is that not a exhibition game then?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Could be because the business of college athlectics does not revolve around church. While I am all for church; I understand that this is a business. They are going to play on Sunday as well. Part of life. It does not seem to be an issue with most schools.
    I am glad that you are "for church."
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread