+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Techsters Fall at Virginia in Shootout

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Face Cavaliers Saturday

It really got away from us....... All I can say is that we are more competitive than last year, which may give us a chance in conference. We are going to have to REALLY improve to not get killed out of conference, though.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Lulu is the one really bright spot......

Hating the new foul rules. This is going to make games 4 hours long.

95-82 final....... I like we can score this year. We have a chance in conference. That is all I can say.......

Time for football in a few hours.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

I think we got out rebounded by 1. However, I think their offensive boards hurt us almost as much as them hitting those unexpected threes.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Champ I did however get excited about the potential of this team. IMO, I think we are one consistent post player from being a really good team.

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    I think we got out rebounded by 1. However, I think their offensive boards hurt us almost as much as them hitting those unexpected threes.
    Yeah, we definitely were not prepared for the tres. That isn't their usual style. We stayed competitive the entire game and really got them in some foul trouble with our speed. There were some good moments. The shame of it is that we have lsu next. Glad it is at the TAC, but we may start out 0-3 before we hit a little easier run on our schedule. I expect to be 3-3 going into the Ole Miss game. That needs to happen. I can't tell much about lsu. They beat some nobody teams and got beat pretty bad by Louiville (who is #5). Not sure what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    Champ I did however get excited about the potential of this team. IMO, I think we are one consistent post player from being a really good team.
    We are DEFINITELY a better team. I think we can win a conference championship and get back to the dance. That is the goal this year. I just hope we keep improving. We lacked offense last year and we have that this year, which is a HUGE improvement. I wanted to beat UVA REAL BAD, though. Oh well, on to lsu!

I am actually optimistic about LSU. I think we can compete or even be better guard wise. My concern will be the post play. If we can control the paint I think we have a good shot.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Techsters Fall at Virginia in Shootout

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Lulu Perry scored 22 points and Whitney Frazier added 17 points and 10 rebounds but Louisiana Tech couldn't overcome Virginia's hot shooting as the Cavaliers defeated the Lady Techsters 95-82 before 3,507 fans at the John Paul Jones Arena Saturday afternoon.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

UVA defeated the Techsters and did it with its highest scoring output since 2009. They scored more points against the Techsters than against any other team during the last four years.

This is not arguable. It is fact.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    UVA defeated the Techsters and did it with its highest scoring output since 2009. They scored more points against the Techsters than against any other team during the last four years.

well, you can contribute that to the new rules put down by the NCAA! It is doing just what they wanted it to do as well!
    As far as this game goes, it was the lack of a post presents for the Techsters and leaveing the guards wide open for the 3's!
    Chenevert is not the player I was hopeing her to be and Langston and Hall aren't looking like they will ever develop into a force in the paint for the Techstrs either.. Let's just hope Molton picks up the game quickly!
    Lulu, Whit, and Jackson are all bright spots for this team!

well, you can contribute that to the new rules put down by the NCAA! It is doing just what they wanted it to do as well!
    As far as this game goes, it was the lack of a post presents for the Techsters and leaveing the guards wide open for the 3's!
    Chenevert is not the player I was hopeing her to be and Langston and Hall aren't looking like they will ever develop into a force in the paint for the Techstrs either.. Let's just hope Molton picks up the game quickly!
    Lulu, Whit, and Jackson are all bright spots for this team!
    I had an opportunity to watch the game as well. I could not agree more. As I stated earlier, IMO the Techsters are a good post player away from being a really good team..

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post

And I believe TSpoon can coach defense and defensive hustle so this should be correctable. I'm just glad we are putting up some points as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And I believe TSpoon can coach defense and defensive hustle so this should be correctable. I'm just glad we are putting up some points as well.
    We defended very well. It is going to be tough with the new foul rules. That game lasted forever due to the whistles. The UVA commentators mentioned it every few minutes too.

+ Reply to Thread