+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's been a good ride

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

It's been a good ride

Well all. I want to say thanks to all who've become my friends over the years through this board, and I hope we remain as such. I also want to thank all of you that have thrown up prayers, well wishes, good vibes or whatever your means of spiritual harmony for me since my illness. However, since then, I've developed a different perspective on life and how I want to view that which is important to me. I feel like I'm on the mend and am actually going to beat these disorders which are supposed to be unbeatable having made it past my expiration date and now living on borrowed time and improving every day, and I have the strength and support from all of you that have helped me get to this point. I love you all for that. However, I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer fill a need on this board and, unfortunately, it no longer fills a need for me. I've been on and off for the past several months while I've been pondering this decision to see if it is the right one, and over the course of the weekend, I've determined it is. As most of you know, I have very thick skin and can deal with differing opinions, name calling (hell I survived the early Hogdog), etc.., so you all know it is not out of weakness I choose my retreat. I've just decided that when I come on the board and can no longer find a single thread that I can read to give me hope and confidence that there will be a better day for our beloved University without running into the same negative repetitive posts of what we're doing wrong, some of which are going on two years or more now, it is time for me to leave. I've decided to try to stay positive with my life. Now that doesn't mean not pointing out problems when they arise and occasionally revisiting them if they haven't changed, but when it becomes a constant theme, it's too much. (paragraph break for Boyd)

I want to feel good about my University at times even with all its problems. Sadly, this board no longer allows me to do that, and I don't have the capacity to withhold my anger as I did in years past. However, I still commend the moderators for running this site with as light a hand as possible, and wouldn't have them do it any other way. There is still no better college sports board out there in my opinion. I'll be back from time to time (as a guest) to see if there is anything I miss that I don't hear through the grapevine. However, I request that after this post, the first moderator that reads this and has the ability to do so, please remove me from my username and put it back on the market or do whatever with it you see fit. I would disable this account if there were an option or I knew how, but I don't. For those I've offended, I truly apologize. You've all become my second family, and will always have me at your service if there's anything I'm capable of doing for you. I look forward to seeing you all at the future games. HBTD

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: It's been a good ride

man, i hate it, but TOTALLY understand. Even positive things cant stay positive, always has to be a negative twist. these days i need positive vibes in the worst way as well.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Well all. I want to say thanks to all who've become my friends over the years through this board, and I hope we remain as such. I also want to thank all of you that have thrown up prayers, well wishes, good vibes or whatever your means of spiritual harmony for me since my illness. However, since then, I've developed a different perspective on life and how I want to view that which is important to me. I feel like I'm on the mend and am actually going to beat these disorders which are supposed to be unbeatable having made it past my expiration date and now living on borrowed time and improving every day, and I have the strength and support from all of you that have helped me get to this point. I love you all for that. However, I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer fill a need on this board and, unfortunately, it no longer fills a need for me. I've been on and off for the past several months while I've been pondering this decision to see if it is the right one, and over the course of the weekend, I've determined it is. As most of you know, I have very thick skin and can deal with differing opinions, name calling (hell I survived the early Hogdog), etc.., so you all know it is not out of weakness I choose my retreat. I've just decided that when I come on the board and can no longer find a single thread that I can read to give me hope and confidence that there will be a better day for our beloved University without running into the same negative repetitive posts of what we're doing wrong, some of which are going on two years or more now, it is time for me to leave. I've decided to try to stay positive with my life. Now that doesn't mean not pointing out problems when they arise and occasionally revisiting them if they haven't changed, but when it becomes a constant theme, it's too much. (paragraph break for Boyd)

I want to feel good about my University at times even with all its problems. Sadly, this board no longer allows me to do that, and I don't have the capacity to withhold my anger as I did in years past. However, I still commend the moderators for running this site with as light a hand as possible, and wouldn't have them do it any other way. There is still no better college sports board out there in my opinion. I'll be back from time to time (as a guest) to see if there is anything I miss that I don't hear through the grapevine. However, I request that after this post, the first moderator that reads this and has the ability to do so, please remove me from my username and put it back on the market or do whatever with it you see fit. I would disable this account if there were an option or I knew how, but I don't. For those I've offended, I truly apologize. You've all become my second family, and will always have me at your service if there's anything I'm capable of doing for you. I look forward to seeing you all at the future games. HBTD
    Damn, Dirty......you are definitely in my top 5 posters. I love reading your perspectives and light hearted wise cracks!! I do understand your position, but I would just ask that you keep your account active. When you come on to peek in, just not sign in. That way you cannot post, but can read. We need your perspective and humor, so if you get the urge, you can come back and enlighten us with your wit!! Please reconsider.....we will all miss you big time.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

This board needs more people with good sense. Not less.

Sure we can't change your mind ?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Dirty, I completely understand and have contemplated the same due to the negativity. My biggest concern with the negativity is that it is doing just as much to destroy our potential as the points that are causing the negativity. Supposedly we have an administration that will listen unlike the past. If that is the case, then address those issues to the administration rather than washing our dirty laundry in public and discouraging the positive. This is a sad day for me since I highly value Dirty's posts and insights.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

just found this post - hope you will come back, DD!

+ Reply to Thread