+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Petey Perot released from USM

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Petey Perot released from USM

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    As someone mentioned above, I also noticed PP on the sidelines at the USM game all by himself not looking involved. So possibly whatever happened had already happened before the game. And they did not want to leave Ruston, but no one asked him to stay which is sad for Tech and the Perot family. At least (lMO) he, TR, and SE want to be at Tech for other than just money reasons, which was/is something we should be building upon - again, just my opinion.
    Good gosh, people. Petey is always to himself on the sidelines. When I walked past him two times during the USM game he had his linemen on the bench and they were talking strategy, complete with chaulkboard. Looked involved to me at that time. No different than the days he wore blue and red coaching gear.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog upsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeupsetpuppydog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    As someone mentioned above, I also noticed PP on the sidelines at the USM game all by himself not looking involved. So possibly whatever happened had already happened before the game. And they did not want to leave Ruston, but no one asked him to stay which is sad for Tech and the Perot family. At least (lMO) he, TR, and SE want to be at Tech for other than just money reasons, which was/is something we should be building upon - again, just my opinion.
    Nah, screw that, we should just hire coaches kids. Don't hire a former Tech player like Scott Maxfield, who would put his heart into coaching this team, a proven winner, two undefeated regular seasons in a row. Also used to small towns like Ruston, Arkdelphia is even more boring and smaller. Plus he has coached in other small and boring places, Ruston would seem really exciting to him.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upsetpuppydog View Post
    ...Ruston would seem really exciting to him.

And he has spent time in Ruston already so he knows pretty much what he would be getting into.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Good gosh, people. Petey is always to himself on the sidelines. When I walked past him two times during the USM game he had his linemen on the bench and they were talking strategy, complete with chaulkboard. Looked involved to me at that time. No different than the days he wore blue and red coaching gear.
    It was probably just the very few occasions I took the time to look. In my mind he was watching our OL thinking of what he might have done differently/better.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upsetpuppydog View Post
    Nah, screw that, we should just hire coaches kids. Don't hire a former Tech player like Scott Maxfield, who would put his heart into coaching this team, a proven winner, two undefeated regular seasons in a row. Also used to small towns like Ruston, Arkdelphia is even more boring and smaller. Plus he has coached in other small and boring places, Ruston would seem really exciting to him.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Bits & pieces have been leaking out. Seems there was a scuffle 'tween Perot & an O-lineman. Fists may have been exchanged.
    If true, that is the most physical contact any USM player has dished-out all season. Both the player and the coach were dismissed by Monken. That's what 0-23 will do to you.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    Bits & pieces have been leaking out. Seems there was a scuffle 'tween Perot & an O-lineman. Fists may have been exchanged.
    If true, that is the most physical contact any USM player has dished-out all season.
    Unfortunately, we know exactly how you feel.

Sorry to hear this about Petey Perot. This make me lose respect for Monken. In my opinion, a head coach has GOT to back his Asst coach 100% in a situation like this, or else none of the asst coaches will be respected by the players. It sounds like Monken took the easy way out.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Get Perot back to Ruston Skip.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Sorry to hear this about Petey Perot. This make me lose respect for Monken. In my opinion, a head coach has GOT to back his Asst coach 100% in a situation like this, or else none of the asst coaches will be respected by the players. It sounds like Monken took the easy way out.
    The story is just a rumor, but seems legit since the o-lineman was also released. I'm not sure Monken had a choice if fists were actually thrown by Perot. The way they have performed this season and last, Petey probably challenged their manhood and it led to the altercation. I'm not talking about Monken, but rather Ellis Johnson when I say that the wrong hire can set a small program like USM back years. Monken has a huge mess to fix. Sometimes I wonder if Johnson was an SEC plant because USM was getting to big for it's britches.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

It would really be nice to get Perot back after seeing what we had for an OL this year. I know one big booster that would be really happy to see him back.

Varsity Bulldog DoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the roughDoubleDDawg is a jewel in the rough DoubleDDawg's Avatar

Saw Petey downtown today at lunch. This discussion brings back an incident I witnessed during the Bicknell era. An offensive lineman after being berated by Bick, shoved Jack. In a split second, Petey stepped in, and using the fundamental two steps of blocking, locked and unloaded and picked this 300 lineman off his feet and to the ground. Once again teaching the fundamentals of football.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

As stated below: if he threw a punch, it probably wasn't up to Monken.

Remember the Mike Leach fiasco? It was terribly dumb to get rid of him, but he PR battle wasn't worth it

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDDawg View Post
    Saw Petey downtown today at lunch. This discussion brings back an incident I witnessed during the Bicknell era. An offensive lineman after being berated by Bick, shoved Jack. In a split second, Petey stepped in, and using the fundamental two steps of blocking, locked and unloaded and picked this 300 lineman off his feet and to the ground. Once again teaching the fundamentals of football.
    I remember one of Bicknell's first seasons when we played at Lafayette. A scuffle was breaking out on the field and a Tech player was about to run off the sideline to help and Bicknell basically grabbed him by the face mask and body slammed him off the field. I miss the passion.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    It would really be nice to get Perot back after seeing what we had for an OL this year. I know one big booster that would be really happy to see him back.
    In a nano second.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDDawg View Post
    Sounds like he didn't sell his house in Ruston. If he just hangs around for another year, maybe there will be an opening.

+ Reply to Thread