+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: W. Basketball. LSU Downs LA Tech 81-69

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Host No. 15 LSU Saturday at 1 p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Score is very misleading...game was not that close.

Game was almost unwatchable...and it will continue to be that way until players start being coached how to play defense by using their feet and not their hands and arms.

Fitting end to the Tech broadcast...lost and couldn't reestablish the connection well before the postgame show could end. Malcolm was not a happy camper, and now he gets to go stand outside in the cold for 4 hours.
    It sure didn't sound like a close game listening to the broadcast but...
    we out rebounded them, I would call that a good thing since they had so much more height than us!
    And what's with all the charges when it's suppose to be so hard to get them this year...
    60 fouls!
    A loss to the #15 team in the country , by 12.. could have been worce...
    Whit had a awesome game! Still thinking Thomas is going to be a player...
    Hate that Lulu struggled in the game.. and Walters did pretty good on the free throws...
    Never herd the attendance, was there a decent crowd

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the entire game. We are MUCH improved from last year. No, we are not a top 25 program, but we are definitely capable of winning CUSA. We have some winnable games on the schedule now that we need to take care of. We outhustled them, but Lulu was WAY off in this game and we needed those outside shots. We outrebounded them, which was amazing. We hustled to the end. We kept coming back after getting down. I like this team and, if we had shot the ball like we did at Virginia (talking about open lay ups and open shots), we would have won this game. Now, time to get our record back in order. This is going to be a good team.

Never seen so many fouls called in a game.

As for the ejections, 2 of the lsu players went after Chenevert and she threw a punch back at them. They ejected the 2 lsu players and Chenevert.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. LSU Downs LA Tech 81-69

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Whitney Frazier scored a career-high tying 25 points and grabbed eight rebounds but Louisiana Tech shot only 29 percent as the Lady Techsters fell 81-69 to No. 15 LSU Saturday afternoon before 2,767 fans at the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I watched the entire game. We are MUCH improved from last year. No, we are not a top 25 program, but we are definitely capable of winning CUSA. We have some winnable games on the schedule now that we need to take care of. We outhustled them, but Lulu was WAY off in this game and we needed those outside shots. We outrebounded them, which was amazing. We hustled to the end. We kept coming back after getting down. I like this team and, if we had shot the ball like we did at Virginia (talking about open lay ups and open shots), we would have won this game. Now, time to get our record back in order. This is going to be a good team.

Never seen so many fouls called in a game.

As for the ejections, 2 of the lsu players went after Chenevert and she threw a punch back at them. They ejected the 2 lsu players and Chenevert.
    I was also impressed that we showed fire right to the end, even after missing so many shots that cost the game. Never gave up and improved our shooting as the game went on, but it was too late and they had us beat bad on size.

So many fouls. I thought the game would never end.

Was a little upset they sacrificed the student section just so the hippie band could play two songs but I guess I don't make the decisions.

Won't be able to make it Monday (tough on the wallet to drive that much) but will most likely make the Friday night game. Looking forward to it, I think we will be competitive this year and much improved in any case.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I was also impressed that we showed fire right to the end, even after missing so many shots that cost the game. Never gave up and improved our shooting as the game went on, but it was too late and they had us beat bad on size.

So many fouls. I thought the game would never end.

Was a little upset they sacrificed the student section just so the hippie band could play two songs but I guess I don't make the decisions.

Won't be able to make it Monday (tough on the wallet to drive that much) but will most likely make the Friday night game. Looking forward to it, I think we will be competitive this year and much improved in any case.
    We opened up tight. Had some open fast breaks and just couldn't get it going. Now, if those 3 games helped us and didn't hurt us, we should be much improved for the games that I expect to win.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I saw some things i liked but still concerned..hope the next few go our way.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    I saw some things i liked but still concerned..hope the next few go our way.
    This year's team is WAY faster and more athletic than the past few and played with more fire for sure. Definitely will be more fun to watch, and hopefully that will translate into WINS too.

The three very early layups we missed could have us out to a 6 - 0 lead and gotten some nice momentum. That and the weak shooting killed us and we just don't seem to get "position" defense with quick feet, but the energy and athleticism I saw does make me more excited about this season. Looking forward to Monday and Friday home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    This year's team is WAY faster and more athletic than the past few and played with more fire for sure. Definitely will be more fun to watch, and hopefully that will translate into WINS too.

The three very early layups we missed could have us out to a 6 - 0 lead and gotten some nice momentum. That and the weak shooting killed us and we just don't seem to get "position" defense with quick feet, but the energy and athleticism I saw does make me more excited about this season. Looking forward to Monday and Friday home games.
    These next two are ones that I "expect" to win. It is time to show what we can do against mid-level opponents, which is what we will be facing in CUSA.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    What was the story on the fight? 1 Lady Techster and 2 Lady Tigers were ejected.
    It takes 2 chiggers to equal 1 Lady Techster.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    It takes 2 chiggers to equal 1 Lady Techster.
    They tried to pick on the wrong one too. She threw a punch at them and it took 3 other Techsters to hold her back. If she would have connected, it would have knocked one of them out. They shoved her after a dead ball. There was nothing going on at the time and they had been mouthing the whole game. Loved it when they were kicked out too. Just wish they would have tried that in the first quarter.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed we had a lot of LONG passes - cross-court, cross-paint. These were frequently picked off by the much taller tiggers. Was that a legitimate strategy (keep the ball moving whatever the cost) or a strategic hole we should be worried about?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I noticed we had a lot of LONG passes - cross-court, cross-paint. These were frequently picked off by the much taller tiggers. Was that a legitimate strategy (keep the ball moving whatever the cost) or a strategic hole we should be worried about?
    I think we are trying for better shots this year and keeping the ball moving. We did a better job TRYING to do that this game, so it didn't look as much like street ball. We won't face a lot of teams that will be quick enough to pick those off - hopefully. Also, we should keep improving on that.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. LSU Downs LA Tech 81-69

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They tried to pick on the wrong one too. She threw a punch at them and it took 3 other Techsters to hold her back. If she would have connected, it would have knocked one of them out. They shoved her after a dead ball. There was nothing going on at the time and they had been mouthing the whole game. Loved it when they were kicked out too. Just wish they would have tried that in the first quarter.
    Thugs

+ Reply to Thread