+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/27 St. Bonaventure game

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Basketball 11/27 St. Bonaventure game

gcs.bdglobalsports.com

Louisiana Tech vs St. Bonaventure

Estero, FL - Germain Arena

Day: Wednesday
    Date: Nov. 27, 2013
    Time: 7:30pm CT

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/27 St. Bonaventure game

St Bonaventure is a tough A10 school that only lost by 2 to Sienna on the road. They're 5-1. This won't be a cakewalk.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

It should be a good game tonight. They are about the same height as us and have a similar style of play. They are heavier than we are and they use that weight to lean on people.

Hopefully, the referee crew assigned to the game will continue stricter enforcement of fouls. Of the two crews in last night games, we drew the more consistent crew. I hope we get that crew again. You can look at last night's stats to see that we shot many more free throws than UIC. The St. Bonaventure game may be the game that comes down to making free throws as we will probably get a lot of chances to shoot them.

Stricter enforcement of foul calls has turned out to be a greater advantage to us than I initially thought. Our coaches have done a great job of preparing our guys for the "new" rules. I don't have the time to research it now but I think scoring is up nationwide as a result of the new rules.

Well, now we going to try and spot a manatee and then go to the beach for some lunch. The afternoon will be restful just doing some sightseeing in the area. Yesterday, we went on a slow boat tour of the 10,000 islands in Everglades National Park and in the afternoon we went on a fast airboat ride through the mangroves. It was a lot of fun, but we got wet. I wore previously worn clothes, so I would still have clean clothes for the game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Bonnies have a rich tradition in hoops. Bob Lanier played for them.....waaaay back in the day. He led them to a Final Four appearance. They don't play football, so hoops is their main sport.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    It should be a good game tonight. They are about the same height as us and have a similar style of play. They are heavier than we are and they use that weight to lean on people.

Hopefully, the referee crew assigned to the game will continue stricter enforcement of fouls. Of the two crews in last night games, we drew the more consistent crew. I hope we get that crew again. You can look at last night's stats to see that we shot many more free throws than UIC. The St. Bonaventure game may be the game that comes down to making free throws as we will probably get a lot of chances to shoot them.

Stricter enforcement of foul calls has turned out to be a greater advantage to us than I initially thought. Our coaches have done a great job of preparing our guys for the "new" rules. I don't have the time to research it now but I think scoring is up nationwide as a result of the new rules.

Well, now we going to try and spot a manatee and then go to the beach for some lunch. The afternoon will be restful just doing some sightseeing in the area. Yesterday, we went on a slow boat tour of the 10,000 islands in Everglades National Park and in the afternoon we went on a fast airboat ride through the mangroves. It was a lot of fun, but we got wet. I wore previously worn clothes, so I would still have clean clothes for the game.
    As of today, we are the 4th highest scoring team in the country averaging 94.4 points per game.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/statistics/team/_/stat/scoring-per-game

T
    he most obvious adjustment we have made to me is Anderson driving from the top of the key.

He is showing a consistent ability to get to the rim. Alex and Heem have always shown that ability, but are doing it even more often

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And NSU is 18th at 89 pts per game. That should be quite a shoot-out!

How about playing a little defense....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Our defense is pretty salty so far, in my opinion. We are blowing these teams out - I wouldn't call them shoot-outs so far, except St. Mary's.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

81st out of 345 ain't that bad considering we've blown teams out. Northwestern is 329.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I assume that you were joking.

Before this tournament, we were 11th in the country with a scoring margin of 23.7 per game.

Over the last two days, our margin has increased to 26.6, which in the last NCAA report would place us at Number 5.

I don't expect this to continue because the competition level is going to increase, but we are taking care of business early in the season.

The bad news is that we will match up with the current number 1 team soon.

Who is it? Oklahoma State has been winning by 40.8 points per game.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

The early line I see is the Bonnies by 5.5. The lines for this tournament have been odd, had us double digit dogs to UNCGreensboro and double digit favorites against UIC.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We will get our revenge on the little Demons.

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    The early line I see is the Bonnies by 5.5. The lines for this tournament have been odd, had us double digit dogs to UNCGreensboro and double digit favorites against UIC.
    Not sure where you are looking but Tech opened at 4 pt. favorites and are now 6.5 pt favorites against the Bonnies. Also we were 13 pt. favorites vs. UNCG, not dogs. 15.5 favorites over UIC.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...louisiana-tech

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Assante View Post
    Not sure where you are looking but Tech opened at 4 pt. favorites and are now 6.5 pt favorites against the Bonnies. Also we were 13 pt. favorites vs. UNCG, not dogs. 15.5 favorites over UIC.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...louisiana-tech
    I should have known. ESPN App has butchered coverage of this tournament. They've had scores backwards the whole time, so I guess I should have known they'd screw up the line too. Thanks for the correction.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I should have known. ESPN App has butchered coverage of this tournament. They've had scores backwards the whole time, so I guess I should have known they'd screw up the line too. Thanks for the correction.
    I don't think ESPN is the problem. The Germain Arena folks have been pretty incompetent. There is often a 1-2 possession delay before they update scores on the scoreboard, and they frequently credit the points to the team that was on defense. You never know what the score really is. There have been several stoppages because the shot clock didn't start, stoppages to wipe the condensation from the court, no audio or score overlay for the live streaming of our first game, they reference us as "LA" on the score overlay, they keep it 60 degrees in the arena, etc. I think the live stats problem originates from Germain Arena.

That said, the CBS Sports app updates the quickest.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

We are ranked #67 in the latest CBS sports poll.

+ Reply to Thread