+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 11/27 St. Bonaventure game

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Re: 11/27 St. Bonaventure game

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    This is what it looks like when the Head Coach actually knows what he's doing and how to motivate his players to perform at a high level.
    Pretty unfair to compare White in year 3 to Holtz in year 1 for a lot of reasons but you are correct, White should be given whatever he asks for and then some. Then we need to think of some stuff he hasn't thought of yet, if possible, and get him some of that too!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Pretty unfair to compare White in year 3 to Holtz in year 1 for a lot of reasons but you are correct, White should be given whatever he asks for and then some. Then we need to think of some stuff he hasn't thought of yet, if possible, and get him some of that too!
    White inherited a dead program from Rupp and made it to the WAC championship game in Year 1 and won the WAC regular season championship/advanced to the NIT 2nd Round in Year 2. I never heard a single excuse from Coach White either. It's a very fair comparison.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    White inherited a dead program from Rupp and made it to the WAC championship game in Year 1 and won the WAC regular season championship/advanced to the NIT 2nd Round in Year 2. I never heard a single excuse from Coach White either.
    That's correct! You can easily tell how "competative" a team is by how hard they play. White's (and Dooley/Dykes' for that matter) played really hard and always had a shot at keeping it respectable. There was always optimism for the future even when we knew we weren't the most talented.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I know what he inherited and I know how great he is but this is year 3 and he has a roster full of his players who have been in his system. It is alot easier to turn around a program with 13 players than 113 also. That may not make much of a difference for Holtz but I am willing to give him another year to recruit and prove this year was a fluke. Granted, I haven't seen a whole lot to encourage me but we hired him and I think we owe him another year to show us something much better than what we've seen.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I guess it's equally unfair to compare a 3rd year guy who has never been a head coach before Tech to one who is in his 14th year as a head coach at four different schools (in addition to being a coordinator). The difference is one of these guys WORKS his butt off and is learning how to win games, while the other one just TALKS his butt off.

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    That's correct! You can easily tell how "competative" a team is by how hard they play. White's (and Dooley/Dykes' for that matter) played really hard and always had a shot at keeping it respectable. There was always optimism for the future even when we knew we weren't the most talented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post

"Then we need to think of stuff he hasn't thought of yet"

This is the main reason we will never be in the same league as lsu or even Boise state for that matter. Our sports leadership for the most part has been non-existent over the years

It takes years to build a quality/respectable program but only a season to destroy it. I think that is why most of us hate holtz as a coach. If I was Tech's ad I would be kissing White's butt right now and trying to convince Guice how and why we should do everything we can to keep him at tech. Unfortunately, white will probably be gone in another year or two. Hope I am wrong
    Last edited by b00mer1; 11-29-2013 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Didn't bold the qoute

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by b00mer1 View Post

"Then we need to think of stuff he hasn't thought of yet"

This is the main reason we will never be in the same league as lsu or even Boise state for that matter. Our sports leadership for the most part has been non-existent over the years

It takes years to build a quality/respectable program but only a season to destroy it. I think that is why most of us hate holtz as a coach. If I was Tech's ad I would be kissing White's butt right now and trying to convince Guice how and why we should do everything we can to keep him at tech. Unfortunately, white will probably be gone in another year or two. Hope I am wrong
    If we have the year we THINK we are going to have this year, it will be at the end of this season. White, not only, is a hot commodity - he has big time connections. If we REALLY want to make bball into a showcase sport at Tech, we need to be asking him what he wants and needs to stick with it and help us build a real top program. Then we need to INVEST in him and the program!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    If we have the year we THINK we are going to have this year, it will be at the end of this season. White, not only, is a hot commodity - he has big time connections. If we REALLY want to make bball into a showcase sport at Tech, we need to be asking him what he wants and needs to stick with it and help us build a real top program. Then we need to INVEST in him and the program!
    I think it starts as simply as us filling the TAC for home games. I'll be the first to admit it's tough on alumni to make those midweek games, but the weekend ones ought to be full for sure.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I think it starts as simply as us filling the TAC for home games. I'll be the first to admit it's tough on alumni to make those midweek games, but the weekend ones ought to be full for sure.
    Got to let the fans know.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

White could build a dynasty here if he wants to. This has been said directly to him more than once. I have a feeling that, with the drop off in FB, and the success last year in MBB, following a post season trip this year there will be a(nother) check waiting to be deposited. But will it be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I guess it's equally unfair to compare a 3rd year guy who has never been a head coach before Tech to one who is in his 14th year as a head coach at four different schools (in addition to being a coordinator). The difference is one of these guys WORKS his butt off and is learning how to win games, while the other one just TALKS his butt off.
    On that front you are correct. Holtz has to decide what he wants to be on offense and stick with it. We haven't had an identity all year and have changed at least 3 times. He also bragged about this (not needing a binder on how to be a head coach)in his opening press conference but it hasn't showed this year.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Guys...this is a basketball thread.

+ Reply to Thread