+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get it together Tech!

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Get it together Tech!

If I took my wife to a restaurant and they had no ice I would think twice before taking her there again and she would think three times before going back herself. No ice tonight at the UL LAFAYETTE game. The AD needs to have a long talk with the concessions manager. Totally unacceptable.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Get it together Tech!

We make it so freaking hard to be a fan. We diehards will never leave, but damn you can't win the casual fan over if they don't feel the entire experience. The BBall is the draw but everthing else makes a difference.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I was told that our 31-yr old AD was an expert at everything. Is this not the case? All that Southland Conference experience not paying dividends?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

One concessions stand was closed. The concessions stand that they turned into a team shop was closed. The concessions line for one that was actually open was way backed up at halftime and wasn't moving so my $5 is still in my pocket.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Oh yeah... GET THE OLD FOLKS OUT OF THE STUDENT SECTION!

I watched our ticket people make several rows of students leave their seats so that the 4 ULL fans that showed could sit in those red seats. Those students ended up having to move up to the blue section while at least a dozen old folks were sitting in the middle of the student section. I don't care how long they've been sitting there. Nicely move them somewhere else. Our student section will never be what it can be with Medicare card holders in the middle of it. No offense to the seasoned Tech fans, but they don't belong in the middle of the student section. Also, the student section will never reach its potential with the media booth splitting the student section in half.

Varsity Bulldog ElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

I watched our ticket people make several rows of students leave their seats so that the 4 ULL fans that showed could sit in those red seats. Those students ended up having to move up to the blue section while at least a dozen old folks were sitting in the middle of the student section. I don't care how long they've been sitting there. Nicely move them somewhere else. Our student section will never be what it can be with Medicare card holders in the middle of it. No offense to the seasoned Tech fans, but they don't belong in the middle of the student section. Also, the student section will never reach its potential with the media booth splitting the student section in half.
    Was just thinking about the media booth situation. Adding two tables on either side on the scorers table and maybe couple more on the other side of the court could solve the problem. The media booth is a bit of an eyesore to me.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just add it to the huge list of things that needs to be fixed.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle

But There was plenty of ice on the floor. The dawgs were iced over.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoDawgFan View Post
    Was just thinking about the media booth situation. Adding two tables on either side on the scorers table and maybe couple more on the other side of the court could solve the problem. The media booth is a bit of an eyesore to me.
    Maybe the students are being seated in the wrong place. The upper press area didn't just get added overnight...it has been there since the building opened. And there used to be press tables end to end courtside opposite the benches...those should be returned to replace the eyesore of the one row of courtside seats that look bush league when they are 20 feet in front of the permanent seating and split by the mandatory TV table at midcourt.

The entire design not just of the courtside seating but of the entire building itself was wrong from the start...a round building wastes way too much space as opposed to a rectangular building. For buildings that opened not too many years apart, I much prefer the design of the Convocation Center at Arkansas State to that of the TAC. That TAC is rated by the fire marshal to hold around 10K based on the number of exit doors available, but due to the wasted space seats less than 80% of that total. The Convocation Center actually seats 10K with seats parallel to the sidelines on all 4 sides of the court using press tables courtside opposite the benches and a film deck only in the middle of the seating area opposite the benches.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

OK, just call the ball, if we can not gain seperation from the rest, when we have larger budgets, generally pay coaches equal or more, then write athletics off and pump the money into academics and scholarships. North Louisiana apparently is never going to embrace college athletics and the rural atmosphere can not attract talent needed to compete, unless they want to hunt. I do not want to lower any standard or go to recruiting characters instead of character. if we can not do it right and seperate ourselves then drop back and spend the money in areas we can gain separation even if it means dropping atheletics.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

One concessions stand was closed. The concessions stand that they turned into a team shop was closed. The concessions line for one that was actually open was way backed up at halftime and wasn't moving so my $5 is still in my pocket.
    I walked by the team shop stand on three different occasions before or during the game and each time saw at least 3 to 5 people standing there staring into it like some kid looking through the window at a store in Christmas. Of course at least a retail store would leave the lights on at the display window - that stand at the TAC was just a dark pit. I may have made more than one trip because I really thought the concession stand on the other side of the building was open - it wasn't. I was just looking for some halftime Blue Bell ice cream. Decided to stand in line to see if there was some secret cache of ice cream and of course found none. Saw others standing in line to get a "cold" drink and while there not only wasn't any ice I saw the workers grabbing drinks and putting them into the coolers and of course then pulling the drinks and water out the next second and handing them to people like they were super cooled in 5 seconds?

Varsity Bulldog DAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to behold

06, I saw what you are referring to. I was in that section. Most of those students ended up in front of me and my little girl, which was in the red section. I asked them what happened then gave them our seats. I didn't give them our seats because I was nice but because they were too damn tall for my girl to see over. LOL

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Forget the ice.
    Forget the seating.
    Forget the souvenirs.

There was not even one good "Go to Hell, ULL" chant from the student section??
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Forget the ice.
    Forget the seating.
    Forget the souvenirs.

There was not even one good "Go to Hell, ULL" chant from the student section??
    I claim full responsibility due to ignorance, and promise to do my best to alleviate this problem in future!

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I claim full responsibility due to ignorance, and promise to do my best to alleviate this problem in future!
    While you are fixing things - I want my ice cream at halftime. Chocolate or Strawberry will do.

+ Reply to Thread