+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. ULL Tops LA Tech, 89-80

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: 12/4 La-Lafayette game

I think we should play the state schools in basketball and baseball. It makes a lot of sense from a travel/financial standpoint, and like it or not, we have bigger crowds for some of those games than we do for some conference games. I do think, though, if someone holds a "football or else" gun to our head we should just decline. There aren't very many non-conference football games a year, and you have to choose your schedule wisely, considering all factors.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Thought there was a true 3,500 to 4,000 crowd last night -

Good student turn-out, I still say we need red coats to make sure they are in the student section and the folks with GA tickets stay out of their section

Concessions were bad - piss poor actually

Video board is operated ALOT better than in football

The loss bothered me - but I've seen us play enough to know it was an anomaly and not the norm - probably worse all around game we have played at home since 2011 and yet if we shoot FT's and make 2 ft baskets we win

I like the series - never understood why football scheduling was tied to other sports with their administration -

I mean we had almost 4,000 there on a Wednesday night - if its tonite we would of have a 5k+ crowd - Southern will be lucky to have 3K on Saturday night

Play'em and beat em
    This.

I know Coach Marlin. He is a legit program builder that will have ULL playing top notch basketball regardless of conferences.

I think those who don't want to play them don't understand how basketball is different from football. Basketball needs rivalries in conference and out of conference. ACC - Big Ten challenge is a great example of good basketball.

Basketball thrives on rivalries and good old fashioned hate. Losing last night and knowing all my ULL friends are rejoicing got me upset like nothing else.

I want to beat them by 30 points next year because of this.

The ones who make the schedule should have swapped this and Southern game. A weekend game build up with ULL and we get a great crowd.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    We should play our state schools especially in basketball and baseball.
    What is the benefit for Tech? All we do is prove lack of separation by playing them. At least it was/is up for debate before we got/get our ass kicked.

I don't give a crap about any school in this state other than LaTech.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    This.

I know Coach Marlin. He is a legit program builder that will have ULL playing top notch basketball regardless of conferences.
    Yep, good coach, but he lies to the press.

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

I realize that we fans like to take shots at each other every opportunity we get or for any reason we can think of. That is what rivals do! But forget for a minute about the LaLaff name game, the talk of separation, the CUSA/SBC debates, etc. Some on this board may be too young to know the history between La Tech and LaLaff (USL, SLI), but the fact of the matter is that these two schools have historically been each others biggest rivals in athletics. But academically, both schools have worked together as allies many more times than not. Anyone from either school that does not acknowledge that fact is either in denial or two young to have any knowledge of the facts.

The most ridiculous thing going on between both of these schools is the fact that we do not have any ongoing, long term contracts in place for each and every sport that both schools participate in. I don't buy the argument that it is a no win situation for either school. As a matter of fact, it would be nothing but a plus for each school. If we played each other every year (which happened for many, many years) a loss would obviously still sting, but it probably would not be as devastating as it is now because you know you will have another shot at the winner the next year. And yes, each team will have to eat crow from time-to-time, but it is no different than what happens between some of the other great rivalries that take place throughout the country such as Alabama/Auburn, Michigan/Ohio State, Clemson/South Carolina, Army/Navy, Notre Dame/USC, Texas/Oklahoma, etc...

Ego's have gotten in the way of what was, and should still be another great annual rivalry game(s). It's time to put this nonsense to rest and get back to what makes very good sense for both programs! Let's PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Yes, last year football was spectacular and then this year was weak. Got to expect that. Just be glad if you live close enough to attend Tech home games regularly. I live less than a mile from all of the Razorback facilities and haven't attended any them but a few times in 40-something years in Fayetteville. But I watch on TV, Internet or any source of radio whenever possible and always stay tuned until the end regardless of seeming hopelessness of winning. Favorite memories are those last-minute upsets on enemy fields.

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yep - all he had to do was pull it out
    TWSS

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Either way it shows there is no separation between us and them.
    Sometimes our arrogance astounds me. We've had one good season in college basketball in the past decade. One. ULL has been a basketball power in the past. Their history and tradition is stronger than ours. In a lot of ways, our basketball program should be striving to be like theirs, not the other way around. I want to play ULL in basketball, and I want to beat them in basketball. That's a sign of progress for our program.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    I realize that we fans like to take shots at each other every opportunity we get or for any reason we can think of. That is what rivals do! But forget for a minute about the LaLaff name game, the talk of separation, the CUSA/SBC debates, etc. Some on this board may be too young to know the history between La Tech and LaLaff (USL, SLI), but the fact of the matter is that these two schools have historically been each others biggest rivals in athletics. But academically, both schools have worked together as allies many more times than not. Anyone from either school that does not acknowledge that fact is either in denial or two young to have any knowledge of the facts.

The most ridiculous thing going on between both of these schools is the fact that we do not have any ongoing, long term contracts in place for each and every sport that both schools participate in. I don't buy the argument that it is a no win situation for either school. As a matter of fact, it would be nothing but a plus for each school. If we played each other every year (which happened for many, many years) a loss would obviously still sting, but it probably would not be as devastating as it is now because you know you will have another shot at the winner the next year. And yes, each team will have to eat crow from time-to-time, but it is no different than what happens between some of the other great rivalries that take place throughout the country such as Alabama/Auburn, Michigan/Ohio State, Clemson/South Carolina, Army/Navy, Notre Dame/USC, Texas/Oklahoma, etc...

Ego's have gotten in the way of what was, and should still be another great annual rivalry game(s). It's time to put this nonsense to rest and get back to what makes very good sense for both programs! Let's PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I
    How far back are you talking about? How old do we have to be? I never remember USL being a rival of TECH- ever. I certainly don't want to waste our time playing you. There is no rivalry. You will likely beat us in football next year- and there will still be no rivalry.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

When we were in the same conference Tech and USL were BIG TIME rival.
    After what I witnessed last night, they're just another unattached opponent. . . NTexas, Fresneck, Nevada, Boise, NLULM, etc. I guess seeking "separation" does this.

Mike McConathy has done his best to renew the Tech-NSU passion. We'll find out next Wednesday.

We've got to re-orient our fan base and do it quick.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

CajunDave1, I saw only 3 ULL fans that made the trip last night to Ruston. And I think those were related to a player or a coach. What a terrible showing of support for your Pepper Heads. Where is your traveling fan base?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Sometimes our arrogance astounds me. We've had one good season in college basketball in the past decade. One. ULL has been a basketball power in the past. Their history and tradition is stronger than ours. In a lot of ways, our basketball program should be striving to be like theirs, not the other way around. I want to play ULL in basketball, and I want to beat them in basketball. That's a sign of progress for our program.
    Wow, I didn't realize they had been a "power." That must include lots of NCAA appearances and some sweet 16s, maybe even some final fours.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize they had been a "power." That must include lots of NCAA appearances and some sweet 16s, maybe even some final fours.
    Dave Nitz said that ULL had only beaten Tech 4 times in the TAC.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Dave Nitz said that ULL had only beaten Tech 4 times in the TAC.
    They have and we have only beaten them about 4 times in the Cajun Dome...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    How far back are you talking about? How old do we have to be? I never remember USL being a rival of TECH- ever. I certainly don't want to waste our time playing you. There is no rivalry. You will likely beat us in football next year- and there will still be no rivalry.
    I'm not sure how old you are, but I am 57 years old and know about the rivalry quite well. I also have several Tech friends who admit to the rivalry because we pick on each other regularly. As a child, I remember seeing Terry Bradshaw play football against us at old McNaspy stadium (he never beat the old USL in Lafayette). I also remember witnessing the epic basketball battles between Scotty Robertson and Beryl Shipley's teams featuring Mike Green and Bo Lamar! I'm sorry you apparently were not around back then, or maybe you are getting old and have started loosing your memory!

+ Reply to Thread