+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Night games

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Wednesday Night games

I know this has been discussed before but why are there so many Wed. night games? We're in Ruston, LA where people go to church on Wednesdays. I hate having to choose between the two and I'll be missing the Northwestern games because of it.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Re: Wednesday Night games

Of course after posting this I see that none of our conference games are on Wednesdays. That's good.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Still, the fact remains that people who have church on Wednesday are excluded necessarily from attending. This is not a hard problem - know your demographic! And the North Louisiana demographic is mostly Bapto-methodist and there's church on Wednesday nights! Not that difficult to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Still, the fact remains that people who have church on Wednesday are excluded necessarily from attending. This is not a hard problem - know your demographic! And the North Louisiana demographic is mostly Bapto-methodist and there's church on Wednesday nights! Not that difficult to understand.
    It's ridiculous how out of touch our university is. You know they will be smaller crowds those nights so don't schedule them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I've been told that our coach likes Wednesday games for several reasons (I'll let somebody else explain), but he didn't decide to have a double header.

Ok. I'd love to hear the reasoning behind them.

Varsity Bulldog ElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of light

Been to church many times on Wednesdays. Less than one quarter of Sunday attendence at every church I've attended. And even in the Bible Belt I would be willing to bet that less than half a town's population is in attendence in church on any given Sunday. Applying those stats to Ruston, approximately 20000 general population, 10000 in church on Sunday morning, 2500 in church on Wednesday night. That leaves 17500 residents of Ruston alone. Then there are those of us that think nothing of driving a few miles to get to Ruston, making the number inflate to several hundred thousand between Shreveport, Monroe, and El Dorado areas. Then you have several thousand students on campus. Wednesday night games may hurt you individually, but they are not necessarily dumb for the entire population (potential fan base). An effective marketing mix could have the TAC nearly sold out for a game any day of the week.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

mostly Bapto-methodist
    OMG! I finally know what I am!

Thanks Blue!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    OMG! I finally know what I am!

Thanks Blue!
    I'd like to claim credit but I can't original term was Baptomethoterian by a friend who called himself that.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    You know they will be smaller crowds those nights so don't schedule them.

Well, they only have to open one concession stand and there is less chance they run out of ice.....

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I've been told that our coach likes Wednesday games for several reasons (I'll let somebody else explain), but he didn't decide to have a double header.
    Is he anti-church?

Varsity Bulldog ceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to behold

It's ridiculous how out of touch our university is. You know they will be smaller crowds those nights so don't schedule them.
    Actually the crowd Wednesday night against ULL was significantly larger than the crowd Saturday night against Southern. Also, this game was probably scheduled at 8 to give people time to get there after church.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I guess they also should avoid Saturdays because a quick look at games in late November and early December last year, vs. ULM and Southern Miss respectively, had about 1500 fewer attendees than the Wednesday night game vs. ULL.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by ceb420 View Post
    Actually the crowd Wednesday night against ULL was significantly larger than the crowd Saturday night against Southern. Also, this game was probably scheduled at 8 to give people time to get there after church.
    Weather was horrendous Saturday night and it was a late start -

I called about 1500 less Thursday morning for Saturday nite solely because of opponent
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I guess they also should avoid Saturdays because a quick look at games in late November and early December last year, vs. ULM and Southern Miss respectively, had about 1500 fewer attendees than the Wednesday night game vs. ULL.
    70% due to opponent -

And prior to big win streal - people like winners and will support them
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread