+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Night games

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Wednesday Night games

We are about to try an 8:30 game on Wednesday. That should work out well.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceb420 View Post
    Actually the crowd Wednesday night against ULL was significantly larger than the crowd Saturday night against Southern. Also, this game was probably scheduled at 8 to give people time to get there after church.
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I guess they also should avoid Saturdays because a quick look at games in late November and early December last year, vs. ULM and Southern Miss respectively, had about 1500 fewer attendees than the Wednesday night game vs. ULL.
    We got a huge turnout from the students on Wednesday vs. ULL because it was the first day of the quarter, and most students didn't have any excuses not to go. And then you had the "hype" factor about our team coming off last season's 27 wins, getting picked to win C-USA, the strong start, and coming off the Gulf Coast Tournament win.

Then we laid an ugly egg on the court against ULL. We lost a lot of fans because our poor performance losing to an inferior school didn't live up to the hype. I think many of our fans saw us as a pretender and lost interest because of the loss. Speaking for myself, Saturday's Southern game was the first game all season that I didn't attend or watch, and that was because getting upset at home to ULL was so demoralizing.

Then we had freezing weather on Saturday and several big football championship games on TV.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 12-10-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

So Dawg06, you're saying one loss has ruined the season, and we have lost a lot of fans? I truly doubt that.

Is it the loss that bothers you, or who it was to? In that last season you speak of, we lost to Northwestern AND McNeese, and then lost to UTSA who only won 10 games all season. We didn't lose fans then...

Basketball, like baseball, is a marathon not a sprint. Sometimes bad nights happen. If the shots don't fall, you're probably going to lose. However, we are 7-2 and will contend for a conference championship in our first year in CUSA. We may not win it, but we will be in the conversation.

What happens if we beat Oklahoma State?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    So Dawg06, you're saying one loss has ruined the season, and we have lost a lot of fans? I truly doubt that.

Is it the loss that bothers you, or who it was to? In that last season you speak of, we lost to Northwestern AND McNeese, and then lost to UTSA who only won 10 games all season. We didn't lose fans then...

Basketball, like baseball, is a marathon not a sprint. Sometimes bad nights happen. If the shots don't fall, you're probably going to lose. However, we are 7-2 and will contend for a conference championship in our first year in CUSA. We may not win it, but we will be in the conversation.

What happens if we beat Oklahoma State?
    Never did I say one lost ruined our season. Never.

I did say we lost a lot of fans, and we did. Did you see the difference in crowds from Wednesday to Saturday? Like I said before, we won't be able to get as many fans that we had for the ULL game until Charlotte/Marshall come to the TAC because of the loss to ULL.

Losing to an inferior in-state opponent is what pissed me off. I made the exact same comments last season after the McNeese State and Northwestern State losses. If we aren't gonna beat them, then we shouldn't be playing them. At the time of those losses last year, we really hadn't built up nearly the momentum that we had going into the ULL game this year. Crowds were about half the size at that point last year. UTSA? That was a tournament loss, and we never even played a home game after that.

What happens if we beat Oklahoma State? The buzz will be back.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 12-11-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just come tonight, join us backsliders and sinners on a Wednesday, and root for the Techsters and Dogs!!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

The only thing worse than a Wednesday night game is a doubleheader on a Wednesday night. Who is making these schedules out? Ridiculous to have a doubleheader on a weeknight, any weeknight and 10X worse to play a double header on a Wednesday night. I think our staff is smarter than to schedule this so I blame BVD and hope TM2 is smarter than this.

Varsity Bulldog ceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Just come tonight, join us backsliders and sinners on a Wednesday, and root for the Techsters and Dogs!!
    Amen!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Students also like to schedule meetings on Wednesday. I can think of at least 4 people who can't come because of previous commitments.

I, on the other hand, always make sure to schedule my meetings on nights *other* than game night. Because I care. *toot toot*

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Was just looking to see what games are coming up for December and see Monzaga at 5pm on a Sunday. That seems like brilliant scheduling, too. Who thought of that? 2:00 maybe, but 5:00?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Kids will be out for Christmas vacation, so that's plus!
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

True, but not good for churchgoers yet again.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    True, but not good for churchgoers yet again.
    Our church does NOT do Sunday nights . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Our church does NOT do Sunday nights . . . .
    Mine does usually but due to Christmas Eve soon after (and our Christmas Eve service) the stars aligned and we're not having it that night. Therefore, me and my brothers and my Warhawk sister (thank you, cheap tickets!) will be attending Monzaga.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Here's the 3,540 or so Wednesday night crowd for the NSU mens game.

Oh, and the choir section.

+ Reply to Thread