+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Gameday!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: It's Gameday!

What happened to Bossier City Parkway? I thought they were in the championship game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    What happened to Bossier City Parkway? I thought they were in the championship game.
    That was Parkview of Bossier...:icon_wink:

Just kidding!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I guess there was also a chorus of boos from the Byrd side when their guy stepped out of bounds on the first TD, but the refs missed that call. And the onside kick rip-off, surely the fair minded Byrd fans booed that call. And the fumbled lateral call ruled as a forward pass, another chorus of boos from the Byrd side.....no? Really?

Was at a party Friday night with some Byrd fans....

"Rummel didn't win that game."

"In fact, the Byrd coaches said, Rummel didn't beat St. Augustine either, not really."

Oh! I see, Rummel didn't beat anybody! Guess that's why we have another championship trophy for the ole trophy case....
    I was simply providing visual evidence of the missed call on Rummel's game-winning touchdown.

The refs are awful. Both ways.

The onside kick call was definitely the worst of the game. The Byrd "receiver" was blocking on the play and wasn't even within 5 yards of the football. He either didn't realize Rummel did an onside kick, or he thought somebody else was gonna catch the football. That was the most obvious bad call of the game.

Watching the "incomplete forward pass" live, it looked like a Byrd fumble to me, but I had a bad angle on it. I was in so much shock that they ruled incomplete pass instead of fumble that I missed the replay.

However, I did have a perfect view of Byrd's fumble on the 3-yard line in the first quarter. I thought it should have been ruled forward progress. Rummel was pushing the Byrd RB backwards when they stripped him.

The Byrd fans didn't see the Byrd kid step out of bounds because that was on the Rummel sideline. I had no clue about that until I read this thread. It doesn't surprise me that the ref missed that one because it would have been the same line judge who missed Rummel's fumble into the end zone.

I also didn't understand the "illegal touching" penalty that resulted in a turnover on downs instead of a first down for Byrd at the end. On the jumbotron they just circled the QB. The refs gathered for about two minutes trying to figure it out and then gave no explanation.

It's really sad that the refs made so many bad calls in a game of that magnitude. It sucks because it may be another 50 years before Byrd gets another chance at a state title. Even with all the bad calls, Byrd can only blame themselves with four fumbles and the longer snapper botching the snaps on the first two PATs.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I also didn't understand the "illegal touching" penalty that resulted in a turnover on downs instead of a first down for Byrd at the end. On the jumbotron they just circled the QB. The refs gathered for about two minutes trying to figure it out and then gave no explanation.
    On that play - the Center caught the ball - ineligible receiver & loss of downs penalty.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    On that play - the Center caught the ball - ineligible receiver & loss of downs penalty.

It was a 4th down. Nice catch by the center, but he was bumped out of bounds short of the first anyway. Either way, the ball was going over on downs.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Lol. I guess when they circled the QB under center they were pointing out the center. I thought it was a tight end. Why on earth was the center going out for a pass??

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Lol. I guess when they circled the QB under center they were pointing out the center. I thought it was a tight end. Why on earth was the center going out for a pass??
    Looked to me like the QB panicked and just threw in the direction of an "open" same-colored jersey. The center, #51, was indeed open because no Rummel defender was trying to cover him in a pass pattern . #51 probably figured, well, if I don't catch this pass and get the 1st down, the ball goes over on downs anyway. Maybe he thought no one would notice which position he played....

Truthfully, as it was happening, my first thought was #51 had checked in as a "tackle-eligible" and Rummel's defense had just missed it. But, he was knocked out of bounds short of the yard to make to get the 1st anyway. I hadn't noticed that #51 had started the play in his usual position, center. Not until they showed the replay and I said, "there is no such thing as a center-eligible!" The refs actually got that call right. And given as bad as that crew was (is), that was no small feat.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

How did a public school get in the private school playoffs?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    How did a public school get in the private school playoffs?
    They are a magnet school, I forget the % but if your student enrollment, not just athletes, is over 20-25% out of district, you have to play in the SELECT division with private schools.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donw View Post
    how did a public school get in the private school playoffs?
    from lhsaa
    a select admission school is a public or non-public school that has an admission policy to select the students who attend the school. Earlier this year at the lhsaa’s annual convention, the lhsaa member school principals voted that select admission schools would include all non-public schools, university laboratory schools, magnet schools and dual-curriculum schools that include at least 25% of their enrollment as select admission students who do not live in the designated attendance zone. In addition, charter schools whose charter includes admission requirements for the selection or retention of students are included in the select admission schools’ list–the lhsaa’s executive committee voted last week to remove charter schools that do not have a select admissions policy from the select school category.

Why don't they just give every school a trophy and save the expense of having playoffs?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

They did didnt they?

Everbody knows Acadiana High is the real state champ.

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    They did didnt they?

Everbody knows Acadiana High is the real state champ.
    Ah, don't even go there...

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Acadiana and Parkway state championship game on Cox (Comcast 724) now.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread