+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 12/14 @Oklahoma State game

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: 12/14 @Oklahoma State game

Quote Originally Posted by LeggoDawgs View Post
    The question is can we beat the other Oklahoma school at their house for a huge win.
    I will be there to find out. Ordered my tix today. Only $33 each.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have time to read all the comments on here, but watched the entire game. We just never got into a rythm. OSU had a slow start, but I was just waiting on one team to step up and get a big lead. I was hoping we would get it together first, but it just never came. That happens. We all know our shooters are better than they played last night. Our defense did a good job. I realize we aren't a top 10 program, but I bet we could beat most teams between 15 and 25. We have a great team and I am ready to start our winning streak now! I was disappointed we didn't play better, but sure as heck think that we have a chance to go a LONG way this year!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I feel like I'm watching the Marcus Smart lovefest from these ESPN announcers.
    He is very good, but the most protected player I've since Wesley and some of the other great WAC players. It's like "we don't call that on Marcus Smart."

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

My wife and I went to the game. Saw less than 10 Tech blue shirted fans scattered throughout the arena. We shopped and ate in Norman on the way home but still made it home just before 11 p.m. Travel in the Denton to Dallas area was very very slow and added 30 to 45 minutes to the trip. The stop in Norman was planned so that we could check it out before the December 30th game with OU. We plan to make that game but we will bypass Dallas.

OK State players are bulkier than ours but with just as much speed and stamina. I believe that they are one of the top five teams in the country. Don't be surprised to see them in the final four.

I was not surprised by the outcome as I've watched them on TV 3 times this season. However, I was hoping we would show up better than we did. Too many missed shots and too many turnovers kept it out of our range. We did close the gap in the 2nd half but OK State stopped our mini-run.

The OSU fans were complimentary saying that we hung with them and defended them better than any other team they have played. I didn't bother to point out that they lost to Memphis in the rematch after beating them easily in the first game.

UNT's Apogee Stadium was all lit up and the video board was showing replays as we slowly passed by it on I-35E. They must have been hosting football recruits.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

High school state semi's were this weekend in Allen etc.... May have hosted a game there.. It was either in Denton or Justin.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    He is very good, but the most protected player I've since Wesley and some of the other great WAC players. It's like "we don't call that on Marcus Smart."
    Yep, the younger skinny white ref was buddy buddy with Smart, laughing it up with him ever chance he got. He was a pathetic excuse for a ref. Two goal tendings he should have called, multiple fouls on Anderson and that charge called on Applby after he made the shot.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Yep, the younger skinny white ref was buddy buddy with Smart, laughing it up with him ever chance he got. He was a pathetic excuse for a ref. Two goal tendings he should have called, multiple fouls on Anderson and that charge called on Applby after he made the shot.
    I thought, under the new rules, he got the call on Appleby right. My problem with the new rule is inconsistency. The same ref might not give us that foul when we are on defense. I'm not sure we've gotten a charge foul go our way all year...probably have, but it doesn't seem like it.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we played with a lot of heart but unfortunately had our hands full against the best team we'll play for a while on an off night. We never gave up even when shots weren't falling, and to be honest, if you expected to beat #7, you were crazy. We usually matched up well and they know how to expose weaknesses, and I'm sure Coach was taking notes and will be hitting the court to fix them.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Listened to it on the way to Dallas -

When Okie St came out cold we had our chance but we couldn't make foul shots and the tight rims made it that much worse

We managed to shoot our selves back into it with several chances to get it down to 5 or 6 late in the game but couldn't get the shot to fall

Was hoping for a 10 point or less loss, the late missed 3's pushed it out further than it should of been

Beat McNeese Tues and face a tough one on the road next Sunday in funroe - get that one and its 11 OOC wins against 3 losses which is not too bad
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I've watched Marcus Smart more than most because one of his teammates, Markel Brown, is the best player to come out of Cenla in a long, long time. I've seen Smart be brilliant (the first time OK State beat Memphis), and I've seen him be terrible (the second Memphis game). What I haven't seen is Smart be "protected" by the officials. He's an intellectual basketball player, one of the smartest I've ever seen, and he does a tremendous job of knowing what he can and can't do from game to game.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread