+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/14 @Oklahoma State game

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Re: 12/14 @Oklahoma State game

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Do we have a good shot at Lotts?
    If we do, we are going to have to beat out UNC, OKS, LSPuke, SMU, Ole Piss and many others.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I was at the lsu and the UL games. That lsu game was a heart stopper and I loved walking and driving out of there with pride and Tech posters on the car. They haven't played us since, have they?
    I was there too. We stayed the night with my wife's kinfolk, one of whom was a member of the Chinese Bandits and the 1959 national championship team. They have season tix for every sport, and as one would expect, are huge tigger fans. They were not too pleased with Dale Brown that evening, who they blamed for that loss.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was there too. We stayed the night with my wife's kinfolk, one of whom was a member of the Chinese Bandits and the 1959 national championship team. They have season tix for every sport, and as one would expect, are huge tigger fans. They were not too pleased with Dale Brown that evening, who they blamed for that loss.
    I thought we really out played them, but it was really scary at the end. I thought we were going to lose by one.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

1-36 vs. Top 25 opponents all-time?

Yeah....we're a basketball school.

NOT!

.......Okay. Let's make that 2-36 all-time.

Go Dawgs!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think the only top 25 win was vs UNO in the Sunbelt tourney?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't capitalize on the Karl Malone years by recruiting and didn't pay Eagles to stick around after Russo. We had our chance to build something then. White has finally turned things around, so if we WANT to be a bball school we have to now WIN and pay him to stick around. It is that simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think the only top 25 win was vs UNO in the Sunbelt tourney?
    Since you phrased it as a question, you are asking yourself if you think that. Well, only you should know! :icon_wink:

Louisville was ranked 5th when we beat them. That would have been Fall of 1984, in the Western Kentucky-hosted tournament. WKU won and everyone assumed UL would win also, setting up the much-talked-about and hoped-for in-state matchup. But alas, the Dunkin' Dawgs spoiled that, and then rubbed salt in the wound by beating WKU to win the tourney.

Surely, somewhere in the vast archives of Tech sports' history, ah....from the SID office, maybe....this question can be answered.

Maybe it depends on the definition of a Top 25 ranked team. UL probably didn't finish the 84-85 season ranked. I don't know that for sure, but I do remember injuries wrecking their season. So, is that what the 1-36 record means, vs. teams still ranked in the final poll? I doubt it. That's not how it is usually done. It depends on the ranking at the time of the game.

Lamar flirted with Top 25 rankings in the 1970's and throughout the 1980's. I don't remember any specific details, but we played Lamar twice, sometimes thrice, a year back then. We did beat Lamar from time to time too.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Since you phrased it as a question, you are asking yourself if you think that. Well, only you should know! :icon_wink:

Louisville was ranked 5th when we beat them. That would have been Fall of 1984, in the Western Kentucky-hosted tournament. WKU won and everyone assumed UL would win also, setting up the much-talked-about and hoped-for in-state matchup. But alas, the Dunkin' Dawgs spoiled that, and then rubbed salt in the wound by beating WKU to win the tourney.

Surely, somewhere in the vast archives of Tech sports' history, ah....from the SID office, maybe....this question can be answered.

Maybe it depends on the definition of a Top 25 ranked team. UL probably didn't finish the 84-85 season ranked. I don't know that for sure, but I do remember injuries wrecking their season. So, is that what the 1-36 record means, vs. teams still ranked in the final poll? I doubt it. That's not how it is usually done. It depends on the ranking at the time of the game.

Lamar flirted with Top 25 rankings in the 1970's and throughout the 1980's. I don't remember any specific details, but we played Lamar twice, sometimes thrice, a year back then. We did beat Lamar from time to time too.
    Here are the highlights from the Louisville game. Also, while we beat UNO twice during the 96-97 season, it appears they weren't ranked in the AP poll during the regular season or the conference tourney. When we beat Lamar in the Southland tourney in 1984, they were ranked by Sports Illustrated but were not ranked in either the AP or UPI polls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1OGmb60W_E

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

First on the board and we're looking good on TV. Not many people in the arena at all, thought there might be more to see #7 OK State.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Weird game so far.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

They keep saying that the cowboys are cold.. Louisiana Tech is also cold.

Two silly turnovers by Hamilton and Appleby which both led to quick break dunks for OK state.

5-10 State 13.11 left in half.

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz View Post
    They keep saying that the cowboys are cold.. Louisiana Tech is also cold.

Two silly turnovers by Hamilton and Appleby which both led to quick break dunks for OK state.

5-10 State 13.11 left in half.
    This! The first 5 or so shots by each team were misses.

3 blocks for Kyser.

3 pointer from top of the key from Hamilton.. 7-10

+ Reply to Thread