+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M. Basketball. Kyser, Bulldogs Grind Out 64-50 Win Over McNeese State

Varsity Bulldog DAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to beholdDAIQUIRIDAWG is a splendid one to behold

Re: 12/17 McNeese State game

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoDawgFan View Post
    Attendance tonight was the lowest of the season, by far. Worse than the Centenary game. Don't get it. Was church to moved to Tuesday?
    It may be because of goofy people like me. I thought the damn game was on Wednesday only to discover this morning it was played last night.

I have already told my daughter we were going to a game tonight. That's going to go over like a turd in a punch bowl.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Like I said a couple weeks ago, the ULL loss killed our momentum and popped our hype bubble. We lost a lot of fans with that game.
    ...but we were able to announce a large attendance for that arse whipping they put on us.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Kyser, Bulldogs Grind Out 64-50 Win Over McNeese State

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    USL is always going to draw more than any of the other state schools we play
    Reverse the USL and McNeese games with a like 2-2 record you think we'd have had many more there last night?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Yep - always have, always will

Always have - might of lost a couple of hundred students due to the USL lost, that's it

Remember we really didn't start drawing decent crowds until late January - early February last year. Most all our OOC weeknight crowds were well under 1,500 in actual attendance

We are 9-3 headed into the juco - right about where I pegged us to be - I predicted we would get 11 OOC wins - 12 max -

With 10 wins in conference that would put us 21-22 wins and then hopefully pick up 2 more in the tourney for 24 -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The water fountain gets wiser. Continu to give more reasons why Tuesday's crowd was limp (especially students) compared to the previous two Wednesday games. Remember, lots of student meetings are held on Wednesdays.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The water fountain gets wiser. Continu to give more reasons why Tuesday's crowd was limp (especially students) compared to the previous two Wednesday games. Remember, lots of student meetings are held on Wednesdays.
    Why the condescension?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Why the condescension?
    He's anti-church.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Main thing it was the week before Christmas and Tech basketball was/is going to play second fiddle to a lot of those activities...

If this game is played last Thursday or Saturday the 28th - I think the crowds is better from the paying customer

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    He's anti-church.
    Nice.

Why the condescension?
    Just trying to get a grip on the opinions of this thread and another thread, which started:

We've had some lite discussions on this topic before. I think now is a good time to bring it up again. Hookdown said this in another thread...

No reason at all we cannot duplicate Butler's (or VCU, or George Mason, or Zaga....) success if we put our mind to it

Agree? Before you comment, keep in mind those schools are SRO for every game. Success means winning AND great attendance.

Any other Southern schools outside of the ACC who do this?
    Sorry that you want to sidetrack it with words like "condescending."

I thought the two were great parallels to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Was wondering the same thing. Also, later games seem better attended too. At first I was skeptical of an 8 pm start time. But after going to 6:30 and 8 I found the 8 pm easier to get to. 6:30 is a rush after work.
    Actually - I think if the game is tonite you have a worse crowd than you did last night and on the late start on both the DH's I have attended, by the 2nd half of the men's game the arena was down to the diehards...

Also need a consistent game sequence - Mon, Thurs & Sat or Mon, Wed & Sat - with consistent start times (when tv is not involved) - cuts down on confusion within the fanbase

And as mentioned before - free pizza every game will not be enough to keep the students coming got to do more

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

I had to be at a high school game...thought game was on Wednesday...Christmas parties/prior commitments in planner. I think all three of those. I hated to miss the game...also have Christmas with family this Sunday so I can't go to that game in funroe. January hopefully gets back to normalcy.

Northwestern State loses 91-84 in OT at #12 Baylor tonight. Tip was at 8:30. Kim's team must've gone first.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Northwestern State loses 91-84 in OT at #12 Baylor tonight. Tip was at 8:30. Kim's team must've gone first.
    I saw their progressive scores at times on the ESPN crawl. Was hoping they would win. That would have been great for them and good for us.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    FT's again were an issue - 50% from the line
    This stat is driving me crazy. Take care of business, gentlemen.

+ Reply to Thread