+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Robertson Suspension from A&E

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Phil Robertson Suspension from A&E

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Some people do experience irrational fear, or phobia. But for many, there likely are other/better terms to describe their feelings, whether they are fear, prejudice, disgust, or whatever.
    I think it's just a way to make it seem like the person who thinks it's wrong has something wrong with them. "He is irrational." "He is just scared." "He doesn't know how to handle this.", etc.... None of that is true. Most people just think it is twisted and not natural and even a perversion. There is nothing wrong with that... that's really the rational view when less than 10% of humans behave this way. It's hard for most to comprehend. That doesn't mean they have a thought problem, hate, or an irrational fear. I think all Phil was saying is that he doesn't understand that preference and that's probably where most people are. He even says he loves them and it's up to God to judge that sin... just like other sin. I really don't see why they blow this out of proportion.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: End of the Road for Duck Dynasty?

A must listen too by all of us on this thread and BB&B for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyL1xha_1aU

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! He's the real deal. (no hate in that man)

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Thanks for sharing that. Awesome.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

T1, we have hit a common ground.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Some people do experience irrational fear, or phobia. But for many, there likely are other/better terms to describe their feelings, whether they are fear, prejudice, disgust, or whatever.
    No - but I do find some of them quite entertaining...

Had a contractor (keying) in my office this morning that was rather sweet, all decked out in his new lsu cap and purple fleece and thumb ring - had on new boots and didn't want to go to the job site because he might get his new boots dirty -

Called the general contractor but it on speaker phone and enjoyed listening to the ass chewing that ensued

I swear the guy was going to cry

The fact that he was queer as a 3 dollar bill didn't bother me, the fact he got to the job site with no plans (admitted that he hadn't even studied the plans and his daughter was the one who big the job) and that he was afraid he would get mud on his boots and jeans infuriated me....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: If you want a thread to die

The latest on "Duck Dynasty": According to the WRAP ......Bristol Palin says gay activists are “hypocritical” to take offense at “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson’s anti-gay comments.
    “I think it’s so hypocritical how the LGBT community expects every single flippen [sic] person to agree with their life style,” she said in a blog post.

“I hate how the LGBT community says it’s all about ‘love’ and ‘equality,’” she continued. “However, if you don’t agree with their lifestyle, they spread the most hate. It is so hypocritical it makes my stomach turn. They need to learn how to respect others’ opinions and not just jump to the conclusion that everyone who doesn’t support homosexuality and gay marriage is homophobic.”

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    No - but I do find some of them quite entertaining...

Had a contractor (keying) in my office this morning that was rather sweet, all decked out in his new lsu cap and purple fleece and thumb ring - had on new boots and didn't want to go to the job site because he might get his new boots dirty -

Called the general contractor but it on speaker phone and enjoyed listening to the ass chewing that ensued

I swear the guy was going to cry

The fact that he was queer as a 3 dollar bill didn't bother me, the fact he got to the job site with no plans (admitted that he hadn't even studied the plans and his daughter was the one who big the job) and that he was afraid he would get mud on his boots and jeans infuriated me....
    It is very common to confuse femininity with Homosexuality. The media has done a great job of mixing the two up. I know very effeminate men that are Gay and Straight (not at the same time - another subject LOL). Metrosexuals make it even more confusing.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It is very common to confuse femininity with Homosexuality. The media has done a great job of mixing the two up. I know very effeminate men that are Gay and Straight (not at the same time - another subject LOL). Metrosexuals make it even more confusing.
    There is rarely any confusion.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I don't like where this is headed . . . can we talk about cat shows or something else now?

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere in the world there's a cat show with a cat named Richard Simmons in it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I don't like where this is headed . . . can we talk about cat shows or something else now?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Free speech is great in our country. It comes with consequences. Even if some of you are totally in the dark ages on your views with Homosexuality, you certainly can understand that what he said about African Americans being happy in the fields was WRONG! Good Lord! There was no defending this. It comes down to A&E having a policy on anti-discrimination and carrying that out. They have the freedom to do that. In the long run, they will be on the right side of history. What he said was embarrassing to Tech, Christians, the South, and our whole country. I like the guy, but there was no excuse. Good for A&E.
    How can one man's personal opinion be embarrassing to Tech, Christians, the South and the whole country. That makes absolutely no sense at all. Phil is an individual with his own views and doesn't have to adhere to any of the archetypes you have envisioned.

What are these dark age views on homosexuality? I think (my views alone) that it is something people are born with, but it is deviant none the less (deviant not being a value judgment, but just an acknowledgement that it is not the norm). If it were the norm, the human race would not endure very long, would it? On a personal level, someone's sexual orientation would not deter me from being friends with them, unless their sexual orientation was the focal point of their life - at which point we would have little in common. I don't hold the same viewpoint as Phil on the subject, either. Personally, I could care less what a person's sexual orientation is (my wife excluded).

Is it dark age beliefs to think that a child should have a father and a mother? These are certainly norms that seem to have gone by the wayside as well. I saw that 73% of black children, 29% of white children and 53% of Hispanic children are born out of wedlock. I would guess that when Phil was hoeing in the fields as a youngster, the family was still a viable institution and a source of great happiness for most there. Looks to me that there is more misery today than ever before. 85% of youths in prison grew up in fatherless homes. Is the progress toward these statistics the "right side of history" because they have happened and people are OK with it?

I think as we progress toward a society with no overriding values (anything goes), the more likely it is that we crumble sooner than later. Were there things that needed changing? Yes, so don't assume that what I say means that homosexuals should be discriminated against or that blacks were better off under segregation, because that is a straw man argument.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Is "phobia" the right word for thinking homosexuality is a sin against nature? Maybe fear of Sodom and Gomorrah happening again, I guess. But does anyone actually "fear" a homo?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Is "phobia" the right word for thinking homosexuality is a sin against nature? Maybe fear of Sodom and Gomorrah happening again, I guess. But does anyone actually "fear" a homo?
    The wording is just what well paid political/marketing strategists tell them they should say for maximum impact. That's why Anti-Abortion or Pro Life is now called "War on Women" and why Christians that believe marriage should be between a man and a woman are "Homophobic or they hate Gays/Lesbians" The VAST majority of people I know that feel that way would much rather go on their merry way and live their lives and don't really care about what what 2 men choose to do together. They don't hate anyone and treat everyone with respect. But if asked about the subject, they'll either politely decline to talk about it or say what they think. You don't hear about people like this because their is nothing to be gained politically from this. You just hear that Christians/Conservatives hate gays. Couldn't be further from the truth.

+ Reply to Thread