+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Robertson Suspension from A&E

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: End of the Road for Duck Dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I bet they will try to just get rid of Phil and focus on the rest of the family. Hopefully the Robertsons will tell A&E to kiss their @$$.
    Yep.

A lot of truth in what Jindal just stated.

JINDAL: 'Messed Up Situation When Miley Cyrus Gets a Laugh, and Phil Robertson Gets Suspended'...

'The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with.'

9:34 AM, Dec 19, 2013

Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal criticized the suspension of Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson by network A&E.
    “Phil Robertson and his family are great citizens of the State of Louisiana. The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with. I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive. But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended," said Jindal in a prepared statement.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ed_771478.html

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Phil Robertson Suspension from A&E

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'm interested about the publicity stunt theory...

A&E is trying to turn viewers away from the most watched show on cable? Do y'all really think this will bring in more viewers?
    Nah. It was pressure by the "Hate Christian values" group on the left. Plain and simple and A&E thinks they have pick the right side in this. Man are they wrong. Like I posted on another thread,

A lot of truth in what Jindal just stated.

JINDAL: 'Messed Up Situation When Miley Cyrus Gets a Laugh, and Phil Robertson Gets Suspended'...

'The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with.'

9:34 AM, Dec 19, 2013

Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal criticized the suspension of Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson by network A&E.
    “Phil Robertson and his family are great citizens of the State of Louisiana. The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with. I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive. But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended," said Jindal in a prepared statement.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ed_771478.html

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: End of the Road for Duck Dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    The country has developed a distorted view of free speech where you can say anything as long as it doesn't hurt anyones feelings. I knew when the hippie generation took over we would get soft!
    See, I actually think that it is - say anything as long as it doesn't hurt the feelings of certain voting constituencies that align with certain political agendas.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    Well, this board loves to talk about Phil Robertson. So, what does everyone think about this whole GQ controversy and the response from A&E?
    I don't think much criticism is warranted against a guy that helps bankroll Louisiana Tech athletics.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

He wasn't even "hateful" about it. He just said he prefers women over men and it's up to God to judge homosexuals and other sinners... not him. You can't say it much better than that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    He wasn't even "hateful" about it. He just said he prefers women over men and it's up to God to judge homosexuals and other sinners... not him. You can't say it much better than that.
    He got graphic in the interview. Thats what really set them off. When you hear, "can't be repeated", that's the truth they claim to be upset about. They never want to discuss the anatomy part of this issue and how the parts don't fit.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. Do they realize that if everyone was gay, humans would become extinct (because of the parts and how they work).

I don't really think it's about the body parts. I think we are being trained to be pro gay. If you don't agree with homosexuality, there is something wrong with you. You are a social pariah. Even if you are sweet about it, you are still twisted and wrong. When did this happen? Last 20 years or so?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Like other hot button topics, discussion is not welcomed. Phil is not a hater. He is one of the best examples of "love the sinner..." He never claimed this as a greater sin than any he himself has committed.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

He should have quoted Leviticus to them. 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I don't think much criticism is warranted against a guy that helps bankroll Louisiana Tech athletics.
    When did he help bankroll Tech athletics? Did I miss something?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. But I do disagree with his suspension in this case.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I just assumed he did since he is a gazillionaire and former Tech quarterback.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'm interested about the publicity stunt theory...

A&E is trying to turn viewers away from the most watched show on cable? Do y'all really think this will bring in more viewers?
    I know you won't agree with me, but here's my theory.

Any show that's been on for 3-4 years naturally has a slight fall off. Couple that with the tons of Duck Dynasty merchandise that has flooded the shelves this season (and in Tennessee and Georgia, it's not flying off the shelf). Now place a well timed article (the week before Christmas) with a slightly controversial statement in a national magazine, and you've lit the flame.

It incites one group who is fighting for equal rights, which incites another group pushing for free speech. The result, a boycott of Duck Dynasty from the first group that probably doesn't watch it to begin with. But then after the yelling stops, a rallying cry from the other group to support the Robertson builds to "free Phil" which A&E will do, and next season will be watched in higher numbers than the year before. Oh, and sales of Duck Dynasty merchandise over this Christmas season soar.

Winners - A&E and the Robertsons.
    Losers - Noone. But everyone gets played like a fiddle.

+ Reply to Thread