+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Phil Robertson Suspension from A&E

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Re: Phil Robertson Suspension from A&E

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    I know you won't agree with me, but here's my theory.

Any show that's been on for 3-4 years naturally has a slight fall off. Couple that with the tons of Duck Dynasty merchandise that has flooded the shelves this season (and in Tennessee and Georgia, it's not flying off the shelf). Now place a well timed article (the week before Christmas) with a slightly controversial statement in a national magazine, and you've lit the flame.

It incites one group who is fighting for equal rights, which incites another group pushing for free speech. The result, a boycott of Duck Dynasty from the first group that probably doesn't watch it to begin with. But then after the yelling stops, a rallying cry from the other group to support the Robertson builds to "free Phil" which A&E will do, and next season will be watched in higher numbers than the year before. Oh, and sales of Duck Dynasty merchandise over this Christmas season soar.

Winners - A&E and the Robertsons.
    Losers - Noone. But everyone gets played like a fiddle.
    Couldn't have been stated better.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I know you won't agree with me, but here's my theory.

Any show that's been on for 3-4 years naturally has a slight fall off. Couple that with the tons of Duck Dynasty merchandise that has flooded the shelves this season (and in Tennessee and Georgia, it's not flying off the shelf). Now place a well timed article (the week before Christmas) with a slightly controversial statement in a national magazine, and you've lit the flame.

It incites one group who is fighting for equal rights, which incites another group pushing for free speech. The result, a boycott of Duck Dynasty from the first group that probably doesn't watch it to begin with. But then after the yelling stops, a rallying cry from the other group to support the Robertson builds to "free Phil" which A&E will do, and next season will be watched in higher numbers than the year before. Oh, and sales of Duck Dynasty merchandise over this Christmas season soar.

Winners - A&E and the Robertsons.
    Losers - Noone. But everyone gets played like a fiddle.
    No fall off in ratings. They are going up and up and...

Same with merchandise. They haven't come close to peaking yet.

I can assure you that Phil Robertson nor his family would allow themselves to be played or would they play the audience. They truly believe this show has been given to them by God as a platform to witness. It's not about money with them.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I can assure you that Phil Robertson nor his family would allow themselves to be played or would they play the audience. They truly believe this show has been given to them by God as a platform to witness. It's not about money with them.
    I don't doubt that about Phil and Kaye, and maybe even Si, but those boys have lots of big boy toys, and celebrity status can be addicting.

With that said, A&E brings home the lion's share of the profits from the show and merchandising. If you don't think they stand to make a profit off this, you're kidding yourself. The entertainment business is ruthless.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Am I the only one thinking that Phil wanted out and that this was a way to achieve that by circumventing Jase & Willie?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

No you're not. To me, Phil always looked to be real yet uncomfortable with the cameras. I think he just wants to witness, fish and hunt. I don't think celebrity is "his thing"

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

No you're not. To me, Phil always looked to be real yet uncomfortable with the cameras. I think he just wants to witness, fish and hunt. I don't think celebrity is "his thing"
    I agree -

Honestly, I'm surprised it has taken this long for him to "tire" of the process
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I just assumed he did since he is a gazillionaire and former Tech quarterback.
    His visit to the game this year was his only trip back to Tech since he graduated. I doubt if he would have come if Bradshaw hadn't talked him into it.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Once a flake, always a flake.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    His visit to the game this year was his only trip back to Tech since he graduated. I doubt if he would have come if Bradshaw hadn't talked him into it.
    That's sad.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Henceforth, I declare it will be known as the GAY&E Network in my house.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And another

http://istandwithphil.com/

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Once a flake, always a flake.
    That's not being a flake. It's being sincere. This guy has done more behind the scenes to help people that folks will ever hear about.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    That's not being a flake. It's being sincere. This guy has done more behind the scenes to help people that folks will ever hear about.
    OK, a sincere flake!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that Phil wanted out and that this was a way to achieve that by circumventing Jase & Willie?
    If sincerity is his calling card, that wouldn't exactly fit.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If it was all about marketing it didn't work on me. I didn't buy anything DD related this year and have finished my shopping.

+ Reply to Thread