+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Up-dates on the signing Class of 14-15

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: Up-dates on the signing Class of 14-15

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    I responded to one of your buds on here who said my post was simply "stirring." And you forget something: there are people on this board who are very connected to the players, some of them are former coaches, parents, and people who are directly connected to the Techster program. They have the ability to write private messages. And they do.

I didn't post for the sake of posting it. I post it because it is true, and it is another example of how bad things are for the Lady Techster program. "Stirring" is putting something out there just to damage the program. There is nothing we can say on this board that will damage the program more than what has been done over the past three years.
    All I can say is that we had a great class coming in, according to the folks that rank in-coming classes! And it would not be good if any of them backed out at this point.
    Good players make good teams...
    Good coaching makes good teams...
    combine the 2 and you have a good program!
    Thinking we all want what is best for the program on this site...
    Meanwhile, I intend to wish the Techsters luck!
    I guess I am just the casual fan, that's out of the loop!

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Fanfromafar is correct. Facts are facts, and the facts do not support Teresa Weatherspoon as a coach. All those that believe otherwise should be able to meet in an old fashioned phone booth that some of you may never have seen or used. The fact is that she has lost numerous games to teams with less talent than her team. Why does this continue to happen? Fanfromafar has given numerous reasons why this happens. Where he gets his information is of no consequence to me if I perceive his info to be accurate. Spoon's coaching results cause me to agree with his reasons.

Several of you continue to believe that a talented big girl will solve the problem. Yet several teams without a big girl have demolished the Techsters. On several occassions the Techsters have led at the half only to get blown-out in the second half. When this happens is it a lack of talent problem or a coaching problem? We had the talent in the first half, but it seems to evaporate in the second half. What does Spoon do to them in the locker room during halftime. I would love to be a fly on the ceiling.

Only Tech would hire a former great player without any coaching resume' whatsoever and install her as the Assistant Head Coach from the gitgo. Only Tech would then choose to suddenly elevate that same person to Head Coach in mid-season. We will see if only Tech will leave her at the helm for another season. If so, then perhaps we have hired the wrong athletic director and elevated the wrong person to President of Tech. The ball is in their court.

The fans have already voted with their feet. Significant numbers have elected to stay home when the Techsters play. This too is a fact.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Fanfromafar is correct. Facts are facts, and the facts do not support Teresa Weatherspoon as a coach. All those that believe otherwise should be able to meet in an old fashioned phone booth that some of you may never have seen or used. The fact is that she has lost numerous games to teams with less talent than her team. Why does this continue to happen? Fanfromafar has given numerous reasons why this happens. Where he gets his information is of no consequence to me if I perceive his info to be accurate. Spoon's coaching results cause me to agree with his reasons.

Several of you continue to believe that a talented big girl will solve the problem. Yet several teams without a big girl have demolished the Techsters. On several occassions the Techsters have led at the half only to get blown-out in the second half. When this happens is it a lack of talent problem or a coaching problem? We had the talent in the first half, but it seems to evaporate in the second half. What does Spoon do to them in the locker room during halftime. I would love to be a fly on the ceiling.

Only Tech would hire a former great player without any coaching resume' whatsoever and install her as the Assistant Head Coach from the gitgo. Only Tech would then choose to suddenly elevate that same person to Head Coach in mid-season. We will see if only Tech will leave her at the helm for another season. If so, then perhaps we have hired the wrong athletic director and elevated the wrong person to President of Tech. The ball is in their court.

The fans have already voted with their feet. Significant numbers have elected to stay home when the Techsters play. This too is a fact.
    It is also a fact that a family member of one player posted opinions on this board, and that player has been relegated to playing garbage minutes. It is also a fact that Spoon failed to show up for several post-game interviews. It is also a fact that no one is intimidated by cloth banners that hang in a near-empty arena when the Techsters play. The past means nothing to teams coming into Ruston. Sport is a game of "what have you done for me lately." Here is what has happened lately...in the Spoon years: consecutive losing seasons, in last place in CUSA (which is arguably a weaker middle of the road conference), lost every road game (so far) this season, record of 19-31 in the last 50 games, and that record is against some of the worst teams in the country. The Techsters haven't been relevant nationally for quite some time, that isn't Spoon's fault. But the fact that they are not even relevant in Ruston...well, it could be argued that Spoon has had something to do with that.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

It is also a fact that a family member of one player posted opinions on this board, and that player has been relegated to playing garbage minutes. It is also a fact that Spoon failed to show up for several post-game interviews. It is also a fact that no one is intimidated by cloth banners that hang in a near-empty arena when the Techsters play. The past means nothing to teams coming into Ruston. Sport is a game of "what have you done for me lately." Here is what has happened lately...in the Spoon years: consecutive losing seasons, in last place in CUSA (which is arguably a weaker middle of the road conference), lost every road game (so far) this season, record of 19-31 in the last 50 games, and that record is against some of the worst teams in the country. The Techsters haven't been relevant nationally for quite some time, that isn't Spoon's fault. But the fact that they are not even relevant in Ruston...well, it could be argued that Spoon has had something to do with that.
    no one is getting any argument from me!
    Coach TSpoon has failed as a coach for sure, and have taken the Techsters to all kinds of all time lows!
    I had wished her great success as a coach from the get go, and she has let me down as well as lots of other fans of the Techsters...
    Now that's a FACT TOO!

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

[QUOTE=fanfromafar;1416190]It is also a fact that a family member of one player posted opinions on this board, and that player has been relegated to playing garbage minutes. It is also a fact that Spoon failed to show up for several post-game interviews. It is also a fact that no one is intimidated by cloth banners that hang in a near-empty arena when the Techsters play. The past means nothing to teams coming into Ruston. Sport is a game of "what have you done for me lately." Here is what has happened lately...in the Spoon years: consecutive losing seasons, in last place in CUSA (which is arguably a weaker middle of the road conference), lost every road game (so far) this season, record of 19-31 in the last 50 games, and that record is against some of the worst teams in the country. The Techsters haven't been relevant nationally for quite some time, that isn't Spoon's fault. But the fact that they are not even relevant in Ruston...well, it could be argued that Spoon has had something to do with that.[/QUOTE]

YEP

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

It is also a fact that a family member of one player posted opinions on this board, and that player has been relegated to playing garbage minutes.
    Not that it matters much , but ftr I made my comments long after it was firmly established Jelena was the 12th player off the bench this year. I remember thinking at the time I couldn't really do much damage since it couldn't really get any worse than it already was, although I admit looking back that I may have been wrong about that lol

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post
    Not that it matters much , but ftr I made my comments long after it was firmly established Jelena was the 12th player off the bench this year. I remember thinking at the time I couldn't really do much damage since it couldn't really get any worse than it already was, although I admit looking back that I may have been wrong about that lol
    Not your fault - Spoons fault. Jelena consistently gets open and has a beautiful 3 at times. It's just a pity she has to suffer due to Spoon's personal issues.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Not your fault - Spoons fault. Jelena consistently gets open and has a beautiful 3 at times. It's just a pity she has to suffer due to Spoon's personal issues.
    Amen to that!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
    Amen to that!
    Instead we get Jackson and Walters with almost full 40 minutes, both of whom are passable shooters but have ZERO court vision and NO concept of shot clock (Jackson has at least two back court violations at home that I can remember).

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Fire her

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

+ Reply to Thread