+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: LaMon Sellout

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LaMon Sellout

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Who is "we". Only about 3 people are still talking about it and two of those are bitching about people still talking about it. You and HD.
    You're hilarious. Honestly, just for the record, you bitch more than any "male" I've ever seen.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

curious detail from the nlu-osu game last night:

"Up 41-20, the Buckeyes opened the second half the same way they did the first — on a run.
    Amazingly, ULM coach Keith Richard benched his starters at halftime and did not play them at all in the final 20 minutes.
    “The only way to make things happen is by playing hard. I’m about tired of it. It’s been going on at certain times during different games,” Richard, who didn’t attend a postgame news conference, said in a statement issued by the sports information office. “Those guys just aren’t going to play. We’re not in a good place right now obviously after the last two ball games, mentally or physically.”"

I guess we left them disoriented last Sunday.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    curious detail from the nlu-osu game last night:

"Up 41-20, the Buckeyes opened the second half the same way they did the first — on a run.
    Amazingly, ULM coach Keith Richard benched his starters at halftime and did not play them at all in the final 20 minutes.
    “The only way to make things happen is by playing hard. I’m about tired of it. It’s been going on at certain times during different games,” Richard, who didn’t attend a postgame news conference, said in a statement issued by the sports information office. “Those guys just aren’t going to play. We’re not in a good place right now obviously after the last two ball games, mentally or physically.”"

I guess we left them disoriented last Sunday.
    Yes -

I was told it was about a thorough a beat down as one we have given out in a long long time -

It appears their whole season was wrapped up in that one game
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I look forward to the game, but not the drive. I plan on filling myself with milkshakes at every stop.
    Full Throttle Monster

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yes -

I was told it was about a thorough a beat down as one we have given out in a long long time -

It appears their whole season was wrapped up in that one game
    I don't know if their season was "wrapped up" in that game, but I do believe they thought they could beat us. We abused and confused them. Even KR had a "wth is happening" look on his face.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    Full Throttle Monster
    I'm sure Skill would put up the money for a case of Full Throttles to keep me away from the milk shakes.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I don't know if their season was "wrapped up" in that game, but I do believe they thought they could beat us. We abused and confused them. Even KR had a "wth is happening" look on his face.
    That was his modus operandi. However, he always has it figured out by the post-game interview, though.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Caught the OhioState broadcast on XM last night. Just prior to tipoff the OSU PxP guy gives a rundown on "exactly who is Louisiana-Monroe" dropping names like Calvin Natt, Stan Humphries, Chuck Finley, etc.
    Then . . . . he say, "They're requested we call them Uniyersity of Louisiana at Monroe or U-L-M, but for simplicity sake I'm gonna call them Louisiana-Monroe."

And, he did throughout the broadcast.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    That was his modus operandi. However, he always has it figured out by the post-game interview, though.
    "play hard" has been his trade mark for years. I noticed he's still muttering it after the Ohio State game. He also likes to talk about "length" and "skill." I've never seen him develop players (either they have it or they don't). You have to be tough to play for Keith.

I will NEVER forget what White accomplished with Souza in his first season as our coach. That guy went from incompetent to unstoppable in a matter of months.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

His jucos, so heralded a week ago, are now a source of great disappointment. WHUT happened?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    His jucos, so heralded a week ago, are now a source of great disappointment. WHUT happened?
    He probably decided they can't play defense to his standards, so he set them all down.

That was the kind of stuff he would do when he was here. If he was not satisfied with a player's defensive performance, he rode the pine.

Sure, defense is very important, probably the most important skill, but most kids are not going to be complete players the day they step on campus. Keith never seemed to get that. That is why he sat Freshman Kyle Gibson down after 8 or so games and played him very sparingly for the rest of the season, even though Kyle was averaging double digits in scoring and was obviously the purest shooter on the team. He did the same thing with the lefty shooting guard, McDowell?, on one of his last teams when the kid was one of the only consistent offensive threats on the squad.

Probably Mike White's greatest strength as a coach is identifying player roles based upon the player's skill set and then blending those skills into a game plan. He then goes about improving the areas where the individual players are not as strong. When signed, Kyser was a natural shot blocker, Speedy was a distributor and Heem was a gifted scorer. They had other skills, but those were there calling cards. They have all gotten stronger in other areas as they have developed as players, but I am not sure they would have had as much opportunity to do so with Keith as their coach.

Keith is a capable coach, but he was very dogmatic on some issues when he was here; it sound like he hasn't changed much.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Can't complain about a coach demanding effort. At some point though he will have to convince them to play hard without sitting half the season.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    He probably decided they can't play defense to his standards, so he set them all down.

That was the kind of stuff he would do when he was here. If he was not satisfied with a player's defensive performance, he rode the pine.

Sure, defense is very important, probably the most important skill, but most kids are not going to be complete players the day they step on campus. Keith never seemed to get that. That is why he sat Freshman Kyle Gibson down after 8 or so games and played him very sparingly for the rest of the season, even though Kyle was averaging double digits in scoring and was obviously the purest shooter on the team. He did the same thing with the lefty shooting guard, McDowell?, on one of his last teams when the kid was one of the only consistent offensive threats on the squad.

Probably Mike White's greatest strength as a coach is identifying player roles based upon the player's skill set and then blending those skills into a game plan. He then goes about improving the areas where the individual players are not as strong. When signed, Kyser was a natural shot blocker, Speedy was a distributor and Heem was a gifted scorer. They had other skills, but those were there calling cards. They have all gotten stronger in other areas as they have developed as players, but I am not sure they would have had as much opportunity to do so with Keith as their coach.

Keith is a capable coach, but he was very dogmatic on some issues when he was here; it sound like he hasn't changed much.
    Yep. Trey McDowell. He was the only one on that team who could shoot, but Richard put him on the bench most of the time because he didn't play good enough defense. Trey was playing professionally in Europe the last I saw. Don't know if he still is.

+ Reply to Thread