+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Dominant in 83-61 Win over ULM

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 12/22 @UL-Monroe game

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Well no matter who you support there is no reason not to have 2500 are more from each school in stands. Both teams are fun to watch this year
    Where were Tech fans supposed to get 2500 tix? Since he started his marketing campaign the idiot LaMon AD has never given a number of available tix over 1600.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Honestly, I think they will have a huge crowd. This is their game of the year. Tech was always the game that makes or breaks their season. They had low attendance at past games due to not thinking they had a chance. When we lost to ULL, they got their hopes up. They will treat this as their championship and believe they have a chance. It is a compliment to Tech. Even their chant is a compliment "Wreck Tech" definitely says that we are on the right path and they want to derail us more than they want to win anything else.
    With the Juco students gone for the Christmas break I will be surprised if they get to 60% full.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

CenturyLink bought a bulk of the tickets so ULM can sell them at $5.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    CenturyLink bought a bulk of the tickets so ULM can sell them at $5.
    I was told the same thing, but either they have already distributed them to various businesses (like they did the bowl tix last year) or the LaMon AD sold down to 1600 last week.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
    With the Juco students gone for the Christmas break I will be surprised if they get to 60% full.
    I think they get to 60% with 20% being our fans.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I agree. I think it will be much closer to 4K than 7K. The local LaMon loving press will still call it a "sell out" and use that misinformation to justify a football series (1st game in Monroe of course).
    Which makes no sense, as the same 4k are the ones who would show up to a football game.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Who are the refs for this game. I'm starting to smell a fishy trap.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Let's all enjoy the game. Should be close and fun to watch. This is going to be good for area fans of both

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

ULM had about 10 fans show up last year to the TAC. ULM has no base at all. So I serious doubt they are close to a sell-out, unless they are just giving their tickets away.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Let's all enjoy the game. Should be close and fun to watch. This is going to be good for area fans of both
    No it shouldn't be close as we should wipe the floor with them.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Remember when the current nlulm baseball coach told his supporters to not buy tickets when they played in Ruston several years back? "Just watch from right field."
    That's the nlulm fan mindset on travel.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If they wanted a hard sell-out they would of scheduled the game for Saturday afternoon or evening...

Lots of Christmas church programs in the area Sunday night - knocks out a lot of parents and kids

My guess less than 5k - with 1,500 to 2,000 being Tech fans
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    If they wanted a hard sell-out they would of scheduled the game for Saturday afternoon or evening...

Lots of Christmas church programs in the area Sunday night - knocks out a lot of parents and kids

My guess less than 5k - with 1,500 to 2,000 being Tech fans
    Dwayne - you're usually pretty accurate with attendance - Do you think we'll bring 1,500 to 2,000 fans on a Sunday evening in late December to Monroe? I noticed the drop off for the Tuesday game, and I think that we may bring between 500-750 for this game. I just don't see the excitement yet for Tech basketball. The ULL loss did not do us any favors. The timing of this game doesn't help either school as far as student fan bases are concerned.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Dwayne - you're usually pretty accurate with attendance - Do you think we'll bring 1,500 to 2,000 fans on a Sunday evening in late December to Monroe? I noticed the drop off for the Tuesday game, and I think that we may bring between 500-750 for this game. I just don't see the excitement yet for Tech basketball. The ULL loss did not do us any favors. The timing of this game doesn't help either school as far as student fan bases are concerned.
    Honestly no - probably closer to 1,000 - but the last two trips crowds have been close to 50/50

And I will say it again - I don't think the USL loss hurt us as much as everyone seems to think it did might of knocked the students back some - but Christmas socials, work gatherings, church/family obligations is the reason attendance is off for the paying customers -

Remember last year we HAD horrible attendance till mid/late January early February coming off a run to the finals of the conference tourney and we lost to NWST and McNeese in OOC play
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
    Oh Snap !!!

+ Reply to Thread