+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quinton activated today ( game 16)

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

LaTech Quinton activated today ( game 16)

Who knows if he plays but ....

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Quinton activated today ( game 16)

Saw him in the game.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

It looked like he was in there for almost every 3/4 WR set they ran -- which wasn't a ton. Didn't see him get thrown to, but maybe I missed one...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Looked to me like Patton was used almost exclusively as a decoy last night. Not much action. Kaepernick threw to the opposite side of Patton on almost every pass play.....mostly to Davis, Boldin and Crabtree. You would have thought the Falcons would have picked up on it after a while. I can honestly say I'm disappointed in Patton's rookie season. I hope he makes more of an impact in 2014.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Looked to me like Patton was used almost exclusively as a decoy last night. Not much action. Kaepernick threw to the opposite side of Patton on almost every pass play.....mostly to Davis, Boldin and Crabtree. You would have thought the Falcons would have picked up on it after a while. I can honestly say I'm disappointed in Patton's rookie season. I hope he makes more of an impact in 2014.
    Kaepernick seems to stare down his primary receiver and if covered takes off running. Since Patton was unlikely to be the primary receiver on any of the called plays, he was not likely to be thrown to. There were instances where the corner covering Patton came on a blitz, and Kaepernick never even looked his way.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

As long as they have bouldin, Crabtree, and Davis...

Patton will never make an impact. Sad to see his career waste away in SF.

Mills and to some extent Miles White got the much better deal.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm.... He did have a foot injury. That might have something to do with his lack of productivity thus far.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Honestly, I didn't expect Quinton to make an immediate impact during his rookie season. He seems to be one of those guys who needs a transitional year. Patton wasn't even ready enough as a freshman in JUCO to not redshirt. He made 23 receptions his first year and then more than doubled his production as a sophomore. He actually started pretty slow his first year in Ruston before having an exceptional second half of the season, then upped his production by 25 catches, 190 yards and 2 TDs as a senior.

I thought he would be stronger during the second half of this season, but a broken foot in Week 4 sidelined him for 12 weeks and really limited any sort of rookie season he was going to have. He's been active for five games, and has made one reception on the season. He wasn't targeted at all in the 49ers' win last night.

With the return of Crabtree, the 49ers' offense became more dangerous. Crabtree, Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin are going to be the top choices for Kaepernick, and Frank Gore's presence means San Fran is going to continue to run the football. But I still think QP can have a big role as the third or fourth WR in the playoffs and something tells me he'll make a key play or two later this year.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Kaepernick seems to stare down his primary receiver and if covered takes off running. Since Patton was unlikely to be the primary receiver on any of the called plays, he was not likely to be thrown to. There were instances where the corner covering Patton came on a blitz, and Kaepernick never even looked his way.
    This. Not only did CK not throw to Patton all game he didn't even look at Patton all game. After missing most of the year with an injury, I'm just glad he played.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Saw that Patton got a 26 yard run early against the Cardinals.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Just made a clutch catch to set up game winning FG

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Just made a clutch catch to set up game winning FG
    Those were some pretty good ball skills on display there.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Didn't want the 49ers to win, but he sure looked stellar in that play!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Honestly, I didn't expect Quinton to make an immediate impact during his rookie season. He seems to be one of those guys who needs a transitional year. Patton wasn't even ready enough as a freshman in JUCO to not redshirt. He made 23 receptions his first year and then more than doubled his production as a sophomore. He actually started pretty slow his first year in Ruston before having an exceptional second half of the season, then upped his production by 25 catches, 190 yards and 2 TDs as a senior.

I thought he would be stronger during the second half of this season, but a broken foot in Week 4 sidelined him for 12 weeks and really limited any sort of rookie season he was going to have. He's been active for five games, and has made one reception on the season. He wasn't targeted at all in the 49ers' win last night.

With the return of Crabtree, the 49ers' offense became more dangerous. Crabtree, Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin are going to be the top choices for Kaepernick, and Frank Gore's presence means San Fran is going to continue to run the football. But I still think QP can have a big role as the third or fourth WR in the playoffs and something tells me he'll make a key play or two later this year.
    Nailed it Prof.

+ Reply to Thread