+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White's rotation...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

White's rotation...

I think one of the most significant things from the ULM game going forward was subtle. Throughout the season, White has been trying to get JJ's minutes by squeezing him in the rotation at the 4 (behind Anderson and CJ). That netted, at best, a limited opportunity. On Sunday, I saw him specifically sub JJ for Heem a few times. That's huge to me because it gives him a place to get consistent minutes and, honestly, JJ's game is better fit for the 3. He can hit the outside shot, plus he is able to post up smaller defenders (saw him do that against Ok State). JJ responded with 12 points in 12 minutes.

This move will cap a legitimate 9 man rotation. (Massey has been getting consistent minutes in subbing for Kyser.)

1. Speedy-->Hamilton, (Heem/Kenyon)
    2. Hamilton-->Kenyon, (Heem)
    3. Heem-->JJ, (Hamilton/CJ)
    4. Anderson-->CJ, (JJ)
    5. Kyser-->Massey, (Talbot)

If we can play 9 guys at a high level, I don't see many teams in the conference dealing with our pressure/attack.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: White's rotation...

I've also liked seeing the rare occasion of Massey in at the 5 and Kyser playing a modified 4. He (Kyser) came off the weak side and got easier shot blocks when he wasn't bodying with the opponent's 5.

I know this lineup is not sustainable for long stretches but for 5-6 mins and when the opponent goes bigger, I'd like to see more of this. If Talbot could supply some meaningful backup, this could happen much easier.

This does however put a lot of pressure on our 1-3 for offensive production.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Couple of astute observations there.

I also liked seeing a clear out for Anderson in the half-court a couple of times. I remember one time in particular where he got it on the wing and drove in for an and 1.

I think he should be one of our go to options in the half-court offense and it was nice to see some specific design to make that happen.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Couple of astute observations there.

I also liked seeing a clear out for Anderson in the half-court a couple of times. I remember one time in particular where he got it on the wing and drove in for an and 1.

I think he should be one of our go to options in the half-court offense and it was nice to see some specific design to make that happen.
    Yeah, he is a difficult match-up for the opposing 4. If he can ever find the range on the 3 ball again, look out!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Ah coaching...

So refreshing to see and read about
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Weird as it might sound, I think the loss to ULL was a needed reality check. We cannot count on offense to win games. Understandably, our team was disoriented offensively after that blow, but evidence is mounting to support that we've since recalibrated. There are a couple of "roles" that have become more clearly defined--Massey and, now I hope, JJ. JJ is a big deal because he has the quickness to defend the 3 plus his athleticism translates into a lob-fest on the offense end. He's got a nice stroke from the 3 plus he hits ft's and rebounds. We need him to get consistent opportunities going forward. Rotating him with Heem gives us that.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I agree 100%

Basketball is a marathon not a sprint and 90% of our fans don't understand that

We reel off 9 of the next 10 and I think we are getting votes
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

JJ has not been nearly as big a contributor this year. Need him to get rolling in time for CUSA.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread